16 Hartington Gardens, off viewforth, Edinburgh, EH10 4LD, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Edinburgh

The plaques to look out for on the trailThe plaques to look out for on the trail

Following the peopleFollowing the people

Edinburgh (Scotland)Edinburgh (Scotland)

view from the castleview from the castle

B&Bs in Edinburgh and Glasgow

by molough

Hi there! I am a 27-year-old female travelling alone to Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh) in a month. I am looking for a bed and breakfast in a safe area but also in a fun, culturally rich area. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for a place in Glasgow for 2 nights and Edinburgh for 5 nights.

by Paisleypaul

Lots of choice at http://www.b-and-b-scotland.co.uk/ does both cities

by mattpetell

Just my opinion: 5 days in Edinburg is quite long for the usual sites. Have you ever been to York?

by Roadquill

We just got back from Edinburgh and loved the place. The New Town area seemed to be very safe, yet still close to the Castle (15 minute walk), the museums, gardens. Great pub scene on Rose, and club scene on George.

by ieterry

I travelled as a lone female in Sep 2006 to Edinburgh and enjoyed my stay at the Royal Mile Backpackers Hostel (http://www.royalmilebackpackers.com/)on the Royal Mile. It is within walking distance of the Castle, train stn & bus tours of the city. There are 2 Pubs that I liked "Clever Dicks" & "Pub Mitre" nearby and a wine bar "Ecco Vino Ltd" which has walls of wine to chose from.
The Hostel also offers tours of other parts of Scotland that sounded interesting but I didn't have the time to do them. Hope you enjoy your stay in Edinburgh as much as I did.

by salina5

Since you will be in Edinburgh for five days, I suggest a local tour to Skye or Mull for an overnight. You'll love both, particularly the pub music on Mull! One of the ghostly walking tours would also be fun. I've stayed in several B & B's in Edinburgh (names of which I cannot remember now - it's been awhile) and am sure that whichever one you choose will be lovely - all mine were! Do have a ploughman's lunch or a cheese or ham salad in a pub (beware of the Mary Rose sauce on shrimp, though - it's yukky)!!

by salina5

Travel Tips for Edinburgh

Visit Edinburgh castle, and...

by nsschmidt

Visit Edinburgh castle, and walk about the town by yourself. I met some wonderful people who helped educate me about Scotish life and history. I have family history that dates back to Scotland, so it was fascinating to learn about my heritage. I remember the pub crawl we went on. It ended at Jeckyl & Hydes. Edinburgh was such a clean and magnificent city. The feeling it gave me was that of a mysterious midevil town. Things are extremely modern once you are inside a building, but walking down the street, it is hard to believe that the buildings you were walking by are many hundreds of years old.

Military Tattoo: Every year in...

by Sharrie

Military Tattoo: Every year in August for 3 weeks, the Scottish regiments will host a lively program of military music, marching & historical re-enactments at the Castle Esplanade. So, if you are interested, please time your arrival right.

Skiing boating golf football rugby

by EdinburghRoc

Try Kayaking: sailing; golfing, hiking, skiing at Hillend, biking or take a cold swim at the beach. Indoor pools also.
Europe's biggest outdoor ice-rink is in Edinburgh's East Princes Street Gardens over Christmas/New Year. Ice skates

Flight path to Edinburgh airport

by EdinburghRoc

Deepsea World is at the north of the Forth rail Bridge at QueensFerry.

If arriving at Edinburgh Airport ask the Driver of the Airport bus for a day ticket, not only will it get you into Edinburgh but you will be able to travel on Edinburgh's buses all that day.

Watch the planes come into land at Silverknowes & Cramond

What a find!

by gib157 about Left Bank Bar

I quite like how we found this bar and don't really care that it didnt live up to what I had expected. Some friends and I were strolling along a street called Sotuh Brige I think and looked down into an interestingly derelcit bit of land. That night me and Rachel explored it and took photos of a very cool iron cage filled wiht neon tubing. We looked up and saw the word BAR in red neon shining through some stained glass windows above.

2 days later we found the bar tucked down an alley. I had envisioned a small bar wiht some comfy sofas and chaird wiht low lighting, candles and jazz music. Well it was pretty much perfect but for the comfy seating. The drinks were a little pricy but it was a really ncie atmosphere. I think they have live music sometimes. Defiently worth a visit if you are willing to ask around or wander around trying to find it. Whatever, go as yourself. I'm not a fan of dress codes.

Comments