Apartment by Castle

16 / 4 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PR, United Kingdom
Apartment By Castle
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Apartment by Castle

Loved the Apartments- don't stay anywhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member Perthgirl

We absolutely loved the ABC and our hosts Moira and Eric. The service started before we left Australia with prompt emails and all of our questions answered. The Bowman's greet you at the ABC and show you around the apartment and provide lots of information about local dining places (Moira, you were right, that Chinese buffet was excellent!). The rooms are spacious, very clean and in excellent working order. We appreciated the breakfast basket and enjoyed a nice breaky each morning before heading out into town. The views from the windows are wonderful- the castle is at your doorstep. I would definitely come back, I didn't actually want to leave and wished that I had planned more time in this wonderful city. You are so close to Princes St and all the little cafes and shops.

I was travelling with my 65 yr old mum who has arthritis and Raynauds disease which affects her feet and was rather worried about the steps to this apartment. I asked questions on this forum and even had a lovely person email me directly explaining their experiences. This was so helpful and put my mind at ease. I had no problems at all, mum found the exterior steps a little tricky as they were steep but she wouldnt be travelling alone anyway so it's not a problem. She used the railing, and I propped up the other side just in case and we made it! There would be no more than 20 steps I imagine. Once at the landing you then take a small curved stairwell up to your apartment (Hello to the person making ghost noises at us each night!! Great for the atmosphere :)) again no more than 20 odd steps. Mum used the wall for a guide and said these were much easier. Once inside, well, it's worth a few minutes of steps for this gorgeous apartment! Thank you Moira and Eric we loved it.

A Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member selmrl

This was our first visit to Edinburgh. We reserved the apartment for eight nights, planning to fully explore Edinburgh and the surrounding area and take day trips as needed.

What a perfect stay. First of all, Moira and Eric were fantastic people with whom to work. Helpful, informative and friendly. Of course, everyone we met in Scotland was friendly.

The apartment is perfectly situated in the Old Town between the High Street and Grass Market. Up the stairs just at the side of the apartment to the High Street and down the stairs to Grass Market for a variety of pubs, restaurants and a convenience store. Thai Orchid just up the street from the apartment is great for take-away dinners. The food court at Marks & Spencer also is a great place to stock up the kitchen.

It was so nice being able to come "home" after a long day of sightseeing and relax in one's own living room, make a cup of tea, read, plan the next day or watch television. And, bringing dinner in once in a while rather than sitting in a restaurant every night is a very nice option.

We would love to revisit Edinburgh some day and will certainly stay at ABC.

By the way, for those who might thing a whole week in Edinburgh is too much, it's not. We constantly found new and interesting things to do in and around Edinburgh. We left the area only once, to take a day trip to Glasgow. While we didn't see much of the Scottish countryside on this trip, it was a perfect trip.

Great Find, Wonderful apartment, couldn't ask for more!!

by TripAdvisor Member puffy30

We enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Apartment. We were warmly greeted my Moira and Eric on arrival and given a guided tour of the apartment. They have thought of absolutely everything you might need during your stay and the food hamper on arrival was very thoughtful and greatly appreciated! You couldn't ask for a better location - you're practically next door to the castle and in the best part of Edinburgh for sightseeing and for great restaurants and pubs.

What a great find! We will definitely return.

Perfect place to stay when visiting a U of Edinburgh student

Our son is a student at the U of Edinburgh. This is the perfect location for a family coming to visit their student.

The photos on the website are absolutely accurate. The Castle is literally right out the window! "Spotless" is the word to describe this darling, cozy place. Everything we could think of was in a closet, cupboard, or drawer.
There was absolutely no need for a car or to take a taxi. Everything was within a 10 minute walk in any direction.

Thank you, Moira and Eric, for providing such a lovely place place to stay in the enchanting city of Edinburgh.

perfect location

Lovely, perfect location, beautifully presented. We stayed for 4 nights for the Hogmanay festival. Moria & Eric were very helpful with car parking arrangements as many streets are closed at this time of year. I agree with all the other reviews, which have all given this apartment a five-star recommendation.

A Scottish wonderland

We were thrilled with this home-away-from-home and the amazing service received from the landlady, before, during and after our visit. She sent us maps and detailed information before arrival and had a welcome pack of groceries waiting for us. The finishings and facilities in the apartments are extremely comfortable and convenient. The location cannot be beaten. There are books and videos available giving information on Edinburgh and Scotland. We loved the Greyfriars Bobby video and visited the graveyard. We were lucky enough to experience a wonderful snow fall on our last day (see photos).

Staying in an apartment was so much more comfortable than a B&B, because of the self-catering. We would recommend this particular apartment any time and would definitely like to return one day.

Apartment By Castle - a gem!

I travel all over the world. And, because I use hotels a lot for business, I look for apartments and such when traveling for pleasure. I can't say enough great things about the apartment or about Moira and Eric. They have done a fantastic job of restoring this apartment and making guests feel welcome! Note - if you have problems with stairs and hills - this apartment (and Edinburgh) may not be for you! If you love to walk - don't hesitate to book in and have a great time! Be sure to spend some time at the National Gallery! Eric and Moira will point you to some great restaurants as well.

great hospitality

Great hospitality, great apartment, great location, spotlessly clean and everything you could possibly need in one compact space, plenty of room for 4 adults and a brilliant washer dryer!!! just in case very obliging owners and very helpful in all aspects of edinburgh life, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and cant wait to visit again, many thanks moira our pleasure to meet you both. If anyone reading this has any sense theyll book right away, go on whats keeping you!!

wonderful apartment in step city

Edinbrough is best seen by walking and in a city with so many steps you need somewhere central and comfortable. The apartment by the castle was that and more. I will visit Edinbrough again and I will be staying in this lovely apartment.
Trip adviser from the Mournes NI

Apartment by Castle tops the list

The Apartment by Edinburgh Castle is at the Castle doorstep. Even after reading all of the information the website and the owners provided, I was not prepared for what we saw when we entered the apartment. Let me try to sum it up, beautiful decor, wonderful kitchen and bath, comfy beds, and a view to die for. Look out across the city skyline in one direction, or through the windows facing the Castle, you can count the stones in the Castle walls or the bunnies on the sloped lawn in front of the Castle. To top it all off, we were met out of town by our superbly gracious hosts that were kind enough to assist us into Edinburgh to The Apartment and also out of town leaving for the airport. My only regret is that we did not have enough time to take our hosts out for dinner. Spending our last three nights at The Apartment by the Castle was a perfect way to end a two week motor trip around all of Scotland. Thank you for a wonderful stay. TripAdvisor Member, San Jose, California

Comments