7 Eyre Place, Edinburgh, EH3 5ES, United Kingdom

Princes Street Garden area, EdinburghPrinces Street Garden area, Edinburgh

inside view of Wok & Wine Restaurantinside view of Wok & Wine Restaurant

3 Nights in Edinburgh

by eastrunner

Hi guys I'll be in Edinburgh for 3 nights Sunday-Wednesday in November, can anyone recommend any accommodation in the range of $40+, preferably a B&B or a small hotel?

Thanks

ER

by hawkhead

If that is indeed $40 (as in forty dollars) then that will be about £20 (as in twenty pounds sterling). I doubt very much if you will find anywhere in Edinburgh for that amount per night. Certainly not in central Edinburgh. However, you could try googling the various hostel accommodation in Edinburgh and see what comes up.

by leics

Entirely agree. 20GBP will not get you a b&b or a hotel (even a teeny tiny one) in Edinburgh (or most other UK places). Try hostels, or accept you are looking at around 30/35GBP upwards.

by eastrunner

Hi thanks for the replies I've found the guest houses below to offer a bed and breakfes rate for 20GBP am I missing something I found them on this website

Arden Guest House
Bellerose Guest House
Ben Craig House
Broughton Guest House

Thanks

ER

by hawkhead

I know nothing about the various guest houses re quality, etc. However, the Broughton Guest House is the closest to central Edinburgh i.e. Waverley Station.
The Arden is far out from the centre and while the other two are closer, they are still a fair way. I guess you would be relying on public transport for these, which could be a hassle you could do without. So, the Broughton seems to be the most convenient.

by leics

The Broughton offers b&b 'from' 23GBP per night. Best email them to find out what the rate will be for a single room at the time you want to stay.

by kluk01

Hi,

I just come back from Edinburgh today, I have stayed at Scottish Youth Hostel right at city centre. It is not cheap and the twin room with ensuite I had to pay over 70 pounds per night.

The reason I stayed there because it is central location and with many buses routes to get there and within walking distance to Prince Street.

If you like the location in the city centre and just a bed in a dorm room is about 20 pounds per night.

I hope you can have a nice trip there.

by rodostemplar

Hi I recently came back from Edinburgh. We stayed at the Newington lodge, I belive it is in the price range for what you want and not far from the royal mile and princess street.

Travel Tips for Edinburgh

Edinburgh Tip

by Michael_D

My absolute favorite memory in all my travels was on my first trip to Scotland. We took a train from London to Edinburgh and both started to feel feverish and like we had the flu. We were extra worried because we had just been through Yugoslavia the week before and read they had a yellow fever epidemic. We were bone tired and realised that we would arrive in Edinburgh at midnight leaving us in a weary lurch to find a place to stay.We agreed that our best bet was to get off the train somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh to get some shut-eye and tackle the big city in the morning.

With no premeditation or map consult we simply jumped off the train at a wee town called Linlithgow (Lin-LITH-go). It was already 'dark-thirty'(that is what we called after midnight) as we wandered around like beggers looking for a place to flop. We found nothing open. Now..we had a pup tent and had not used the entire 10 weeks up till now but we were so dog-tired we pitched the tent..crawled in and were dead to the world untill morning.

The next morning we awoke amidst a thick fog so typical of Scotland that we could barely see our hand in front of our face. As we began to pull up stakes, in the nearest of horizens..almost rising from the ashes...the mist parted slooowly and we bagan to make out a brick like structure...then the mist parted almost like an opening curtain in a play!..to our amazement, we saw we had slept almost in the backyard of Mary Queen of Scots castle in Linlithgow! What a mystical..and pleasant surprise!

See men in kilts!! It's the...

by SusanneBeck

See men in kilts!! It's the best place to see a man in a kilt and believe me, you really do see them. In a pub on my 2nd evening there, there was a whole group of them! It doesn't really appeal to me, but then there's many girls who love it.

A nice area to do some sports

by Travelchili

If you want to get a nice walk, little hike or a bikeride, head to the Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat. The latter is about 250m high, but the views from the top are fantastic (if the weather is nice, of course, which is always a concern in Edinburgh).

GRETNA GREEN

by zuriga

I didn't know where else to put these photos... so if you're driving north (or south) from or to England.. this is GRETNA GREEN, the first (or last) town in Scotland. The Old Blacksmith's Shop is famous for runaway weddings.Gretna is famous as being the wedding capital of the United Kingdom and has been a favourite wedding venue since 1745. It's really very touristy but had some pretty statues and good ice cream.

Edinburgh's finest

by carlitoab about Opal Lounge

This is where Edinburgh's 'Elite' mix - well at least at weekends. I used to go as a student during the week, it was great. Although it might be off-putting to some, to a tourist it will have a lot to offer. Not only is it bang in the city centre, there are plenty of other bars, cafes, nightclubs to go to nearby. The cocktails are amazing too. Make sure you have at least 25GBP to have a good time! Also, on weekends especially, before 10 there is no charge - it's normally 5 pounds after.

During the day it does food too, which I have been told is nice. Smart/Casual - no sports wear

Comments