66 Pilrig St., Edinburgh, EH6 5AS, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Fraoch House

Excellent accommodation, great deal

by TripAdvisor Member jpother0116

This place was absolutely great. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. Everything in the house is all new - they were undergoing some renovations while I was there, as they are expanding the house, but there wasn't any noise or interruption. The rooms are very comfortable, and home-like. I had never stayed in a guest house, but if I am able to find others like this one, I will probably make it a regular thing. HIGHLY recommend this place if you are in Edinburgh.

Lovely and friendly B&B

by TripAdvisor Member classy76

Ideally located between the centre of town and the shore, this guest house was a delight to stay in, decorated tastefully and to an extremely high standard, Gareth who runs the guest house and is extremely friendly also cooks a mean breakfast. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here, it made a lovely holiday even lovelier.

A Great Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member brenoc

To describe this accommodation as B&B is really not doing it justice. Yes you are staying in a house on a street but that is where the similarity ends. I would describe it more like a 4 star hotel. Gareth, the working owner and host is running a top class establishment here. The rooms have all been recently updated to a top quality and modern style. Our room had a flat screen digital TV, a very comfortable posh frame bed, usual kettle etc. and a magnificent en suite. Everything from the sheets to the bed to the curtains was new and quality.

Gareth himself is a very hospitable Scottish host. He was very helpful with everything. The breakfasts were lovely with a range of fresh fruit as well as a choice of cooked breakfasts. My fiancée really loved the smoked salmon on cream cheese bagel, and after a particularly late night having the choice of simply porridge for me was great.

The location is also excellent, being a 15 minute walk form the city centre. It is located on a very nice quiet road and if you are feeling lazy there is the 11 bus which stops almost outside the door.

All in all a great place, just book it!

A gem in Pilrig Street

by TripAdvisor Member MonsieurG

Pilrig Street is awash with establishments offering accommodation, ranging from downright dreary to "so-called"boutique standard.
What a joy to come across Fraoch House , everything one could want of a bolt-hole in Edinburgh.
It is expertly and discreetly owned and managed by Gareth, who has set himself high standards in service and detail and attains them with apparent ease.
The accommodation is spanking fresh, clean, comfortable, quiet and above all, reasonably priced, even during the Festival.My en-suite shower-room was well lit, well appointed and blessed with immaculate towels ,including full-sized bath sheet.The bedroom had good lighting and a pair of comfortable easy chairs as well as the usual t.v., kettle and hot/cold drinks facilities.
Breakfast is the perfect combination of d.i.y. from a generous buffet with a delicious selection of hot cooked dishes .
Pilrig Street is ideally located between the bustle of the city centre and newly developing Leith, well served with a frequent bus service in both directions and a short walk from a great selection of bars and restaurants.A taxi from Waverley Station shouldn't cost more than £6.00; a one-day bus pass gives you the freedom of the city and drops you right outside the front door of this smashing home-from-home.
Gareth has plans to develop and improve Fraoch House and I have no doubt he will succeed, which is good news for anyone looking for value-for-money and a dash of style,without breaking the bank.

Great B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member lovetheworld!

My husband and I spent 4 wonderful nights in Edinburgh at Fraoch House.
Gareth, the owner, is an excellent host. He's young, honest and energetic. He clearly enjoys what he is doing, and is a wonderful ambassador for Edinburgh/Scotland.
The entire home has recently been updated, and additional rooms are being added. We had a very nice room on the top floor.
Breakfast (cooked by Gareth himself!) is delicious and hearty.
The location of Fraoch house is a pleasant 15 minute walk from Princes Street, but you can also catch the # 11 bus right outside the B&B.
Overall, you should really enjoy a stay at Fraoch House. We would definitely return for a stay and visit with Gareth!

Can't Say Enough Good Things About It!

by TripAdvisor Member sitthakim

A short walk to Princess Street and the Royal Mile, large & comfortable rooms (our bathroom was awesome!), breakfast was delicious, and Gareth is awesome. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Very well-furnished and comfortable B&B

by TripAdvisor Member NWLondon

We booked at short notice for the Edinburgh Festival and were accommodated in probably the smallest room but with the largest (separate) bathroom in the house. The bathroom was a treat and the beds very comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was the standard English / Scottish cooked fare (no healthy options) prepared and served by the charming young hostess, who gave very good advice on places to visit.
Pilrig is an easy (uphill) walk to the centre and is also well-located for the Stockbridge district.
Congratulations to the owners on running a quality establishment at reasonable prices.

I was not completely satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member ringingup

Based on the reviews I had read here, I was expecting something a bit better than what I saw during my week there. I mean, everything was fine, but just fine. First of all our private bathroom was out of our room, which was a bit annoying. Second, our room was tiny if compared to the other rooms I saw. And third, we didn't have our bathroom cleaned for the last 2 days of our stay. One day we even found a towel with a red spot on it.
Breakfast was very good, except for the coffee. You can choose among a list of options.
The staff was very nice and welcoming, which is always a good thing!

One of the Best B&B's I've ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member cuddlebus

I stayed at Fraoch House during the Festival, and found it to be a delightful surprise. Me and a friend stayed in the Twin room which has a separate bathroom outwith the room which actually means we had a little more privacy which suited us just fine. The guest house has just gone through major renovations to add on more rooms and the standard of decoration is definitely above average, it's all very tastefully done. Gareth was our host for the weekend and was extremely helpful and lovely with loads of good advice on where to go, he also cooks an amazing breakfast!
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Edinburgh, it definitley made our stay.

good place, if you can get in.

by TripAdvisor Member bigwnfan

Great B&B. It doesn't feel like a standard B&B. The furnishings are great, the people are nice, their breakfast is really yummy. Only issues are that it's a bit pricey, and our toilet didn't flush.

Comments