Inchgrove House

8 Forres St., Edinburgh, EH3 6BJ, United Kingdom

More about Edinburgh

Another ball of energy towards the right.Another ball of energy towards the right.

Crazy performer from San Francisco (Edinburgh)Crazy performer from San Francisco (Edinburgh)

The chapelThe chapel

dining en masse!dining en masse!

Any baggage allowance for the airport bus?

by amj474

Wanted to know if anyone knows about restrictions on size and weight for bags on the airlink airport to waverly bus.

RE: Any baggage allowance for the airport bus?

by leics

I can't find any specific information on the Lothian bus site (which runs the Airlink service) but, as it is a dedicated airport service, I would be very surprised if you could not take at the very least one suitcase up to 20kg and one piece of hand baggage per person. Dedicated airport buses usually accept the same luggage that airlines do.

If you are still concerned you could phone Lothian on: +44 0131 555 6363 or mail them on mail@flybybus.com .

RE: RE: Any baggage allowance for the airport bus?

by Mazely

I took more than that. :)

When I went to Edinburgh, I put (no one checked) my 30kg bag, plus my huge hand bag. At least that time (it was on April/2005), there was no control.

RE: RE: Any baggage allowance for the airport bus?

by clivedinburgh

I use this bus all the time and if you're man enough to lug something onboard then the driver isn't going to stop you. I've seen skiers, etc with large amounts of luggage and never heard of them being charged extra. The only thing I'd suggest that if a bus is quite full then hang back and take the next one as they run every 10 minutes.

Travel Tips for Edinburgh

Ok, I am American and have the...

by Kodi01

Ok, I am American and have the right to freedom of speech or animal talk..........bah bah bah

I now someone may not agree with this page or pic, but I DID not overreact and LOVED the sheep and lambs.......... :))

I love accents, but sometimes...

by bluefelt

I love accents, but sometimes I don't catch every word people say, even if it's in my own language. It can be a funny experience if taken lightly. Don't say 'pants' if you mean 'trousers.' Pants are underwear in the UK. I always mess up that one. Could get you a date or something...

Arthur's Seat

by ophiro

Arthur's Seat is a 250m height remains of a volcano right in the middle of Edinburgh and very close to the holyrood palace.

You can walk in the area and also you can see Arthur's Seat from many places in the town.

See the floating home of the Royal Family

by scottishvisitor

A self guided audio tour in 15 languages is offered on the Royal Yacht Britannia. Adult price is £9.00 children £5.00 Over 60's £7.00. Opening times are April - October 9.30 - 4.30 November - March 10.00 - 3.30 Pre booking is recommended in August Tel. 0131 555 5566
We didn't take the tour - but if you have an interest in the Royals & want to see where they spent some holidays afloat make sure you have plenty of time as the tour can take 2 hours of your precious time.

Edinburgh Nightlife

by Sandye3 about Three Sisters

I just asked the locals where a fun place for two 23 year old girls to go and he recomended three sisters. It was really fun there along with about 4 other bars/pubs on the same street. I had read that the Bouncers in Edinburgh were mean but I had the complete opposite experince they were all really nice and I had no trouble getting in anywhere. At night I would typically would wear dark jeans, a dressy top with heels or a cute dress. I think that the bouncers just don't want people who looked like they just rolled out of bed and reek of pachuli and wearing flip-flops and if dressing up doesn't sound appealing, chances are the clubs are going to be your thing anyways.

Comments