Inverleith Hotel

5 Inverleith Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland EH3 5NS, United Kingdom

Inverleith Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

The inverleith hotel good quality hotel

Stayed here for three nights. This is a three star accommadation which is situated around 15-20 mins walk from the town centre. This hotel offers bed and breakfast and is more of a bed and breakfast type accommodation but I have classed it as a hotel as it has a bar. The room we had was classed as a large double room and it was actually bigger than I had expected all rooms have ensuite shower rooms very nice (although a bit small). They all have tea and coffee making facilities, Phones and alarm clock and a tv. In our room was the new LCD flat screen type tv which had the 5 usual channels plus some digital/sky channels. The room was spotless towels and complimentary tolietries were provided as was a hair dryer. Breakfast was beautiful. There was fruit juice, selection of cereal and yoghurts and a full scottish breakfast including toast or you could have a vegitarian breakfast and could order eggs to be cooked to your choice i.e poached or scrambled etc.

Although this hotel was great it would not be suitable for those with severe walking disabilities or wheelchairs as it does not have a lift and lots of steep stairs.

Unique Quality: The hotel is only a short walk from the city centre (although this is uphill) in a quieter area of the city and there is a selection of restaurants in close proximatey and a good frequent cheap bus service to the city centre if you dont fancy the walk.

More about Inverleith Hotel

Like coming home

by TripAdvisor Member landscape-designer

We recently returned from a fantastic trip to Scotland and one of the highlights was our stay at the Inverleith. Our hosts were so friendly and the room was perfect for our family of four. We had the opportunity to enjoy this little gem near the Royal Botanic Garden for three nights and then took a tour north to Inverness. It was an odd but very comforting feeling when we returned for a fourth night before flying back to the states. I told our host it was like coming home (same room, familiar surroundings). The breakfasts were delicious and the entire staff treated us beautifully. Its a very pleasant walk to the city center and there are some very nice restaurants nearby. I would recommend the Inverleith Hotel to everyone.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member byrddog0002

Hello again Adrienne and Steve,

I am just writing a quick thank you for your hospitality while Jeremy
and I stayed at your hotel. We really had a wonderful time and wanted
to let you know that you services were outstanding!!! We will
definitely recommend you guys to anyone traveling to Edinburgh and will
definitely look you up again if we're ever back in town.

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member linallen99

we only stayed for one night in edinburgh, but would definitely stay at this hotel should we go again. we chose it because of its location near to the botanic gardens. we were very well looked after and were upgraded to a larger room on arrival at no extra cost. the area was peaceful but with a number of restaurants closeby or a short bus ride into edinburgh £1 each way. parking was easy on the street outside the hotel with pay and display meter allowing you to park all day for £4.50. Breakfast was first class, cooked to perfection and lovely fresh coffee.

Room in the Attic - Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member Rockabee

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I will start by saying that I had the misfortune - yes that's how I would put it, to be allocated both the attic rooms. I was in Edinburgh for a five day course, I booked a twin room and told the owners that my wife would be joining me later in the week. I arrived on the Sunday night and was given the infamous room 5, No wardrobe to hang my wifes clothes so they would have to sit in the suitcase for 4 days. The bathroom, as another reviewer has stated, is not much bigger than an airline washroom. The Shower head was held in place with tie wraps and had to be held at the correct height with one hand, if you let go it slid down to the bottom of the rail. The carpets were filthy and the beds were small and uncomfortable.

The next morning I spoke with the owners and to be fair they tried to make amends by going out and buying a hanging rail for my wifes clothes and moved me to room 6, very slightly bigger but still in the attic. Again the carpets were filthy and the bathroom far to small to be adequate, functional at best is how I would describe it, however, but the beds were more comfortable and the carpet didn't have as many stains on it, though the 2 easy chairs were disgusting.

I disagree with one reviewer that it is a 15 minute walk to the castle, 15 minutes by bus maybe but not walking, it is 1.5 miles to Princes Street and a further half mile or so to the Castle and it is ALL uphill.

Now the good points, the breakfast is everything as good as everyone say's it is, it's cooked fresh and cooked to order, so be prepared for a slight wait. The Dining room again is a little cramped but bright and clean and if you leave hungry then its your fault.

I would have liked to have seen the other rooms as I believe them to be very nice but would I stop here again?

Not if I have to stay in the attic.

Sorry.

Liked my stay very much, excellent rooms, staff, location and atmosphaere

by TripAdvisor Member world_traveller164

On my arrival I felt very pleased about the nice building, interior which is a comination of tradition and classical design, very nice staff who made everything they could to make my stay comfortable and a nice experience. I think that the location is fantasic, it just takes 10 min walk to princess street and is in a very nice and favourite place. My room was always cleaned and I felt like home. Every morning I had a very tasty choice of breakfast (full scottish breakfast with cereal, fresh orange juice etc) served within minutes. The owner of the hotel were very friendly and the staff who were serving and looking after the guests ( Oksana and Serge) were very friendly and genuine and I felt very welcome and would definately stay there again when travelling to Edinburgh. I can recommend this hotel and also spoke to some other guest who were staying there with me and all of them were happy with the service and the hotel.

Comments