Kew House And Apartments

Kew House
Booking.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

Great People

This place is so good and the people so friendly that I will definitely be staying again! It's on the main airport/Glasgow road and is just 10 minutes from Princes St but really quiet. It's also really, really close to Murrayfield, but we didn't notice until we were on our way home!
    Just six bedrooms means the owners have time to spend on getting everything right, from the sherry and chocolates in the room to the marvellous cooked breakfasts.
    They also delight in being able to advise guests on where to shop, eat and generally have a good time.

Unique Quality: The owners... They couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.

Directions: West End of Princes Street

More about Kew House And Apartments

Fantastic place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member jennywenny

Just the perfect combination of attention to detail and privacy. Lots of guidebooks all over the place and free internet. Fantastic breakfast too! We had a really fantastic hogmanay break and had a wonderful evening with dinner at the tower and fireworks from calton hill (great view night and day!).

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member Aeryn

The Kew House and Apartments is a nicely maintained guest house, near the Centre of Edinburgh. It is about a 15 minute walk to Edinburgh castle.

I stayed here because I was looking for value accomodation with onsite parking that was still within walking distance to the centre of town. It provided all of this for me, and the attention to detail was very good as others have said.

The rate I payed (not high season) was good value; breakfast was excellent; and free WiFi in the guest house was a great bonus.

The only reason I may consider staying elsewhere on a return visit to Edinburgh is that it is a reasonable walk into the centre and I prefer staying in city centres.

Your gonna love it here!

by TripAdvisor Member jovialmonkeybusiness

Clean, comfortable and well run. You will not be able to find fault with this place or the hosts. Location is ideal, a 10 min walk into town or a short bus ride from across the road. Breakfast is the best my wife and I have had anywhere. Great bedrooms, beautiful sitting room and lovely dining room. Nothing seems to be too much trouble and advice aplenty. Don't stay anywhere else!

We'll be back!

by TripAdvisor Member het

This is a delightful place to stay. Our rooms were very clean, comfortable, and modern. Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. Our hosts, Alan and Ian, were extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions (we especially liked City Spice, First Coast and the Caley Bistro) and information about Scotland.

Excellent!!

by TripAdvisor Member tigger2oo

Stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't fault it. On arrival received a warm welcome, with lots of useful advice for my stay. Location is very handy, Haymarket station an easy walk away and bus stops just along the road for city centre. Rooms were lovely, everything looked very new and all very clean. I wouldn't hesitate in booking here again or recommending it to others.

Great Place; Friendly Hosts

We enjoyed staying at Kew House. The hosts were very friendly and provided a wealth of information. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple, but quite tasty. Our last day we had an early departure and hosts made sure all was in order the evening before we left. Very organized!

Good location. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the center of town. Also w/i 10-15 minutes of airport whcih is good for early departures. Some nice restaurants within walking distance. Especially enjoyed Caley's Bistro.

Would recommend this place without reservation.

I'd stay there again without any hesitation -- the service and friendliness is simply outstanding, room (and bathroom) clean and nice, welcome sherry very much appreciated. Breakfast excellent. Airport bus stops some 50m away. Overall, one of the best "hotel" experiences in a long, long while, and at an affordable price.

Maybe the most remarkable feature of Kew House is the fact that, while being extremely friendly, helpful, witty, and, of course, respectful with their guests, the owners of this house still remained personalities that command respect in return. Providing perfect service without being servile may be their true secret.

(If this was confusing, the one-sentence synopsis is really, it's a great place run by great folks, go there, stay there, you won't regret it.)

The most terrible place I have ever stayed...it screwed up my holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member chooky101

If you are looking for a decent place to stay in Edinburgh at this price leveL, I would STRONGLY suggest you to select else where but KEW HOUSE. It is a family run B&B over-priced by pretending they are a "small hotel". The breakfast was so terrible that I could even tell that they were from TESCO VALUE range, not mentioning that I was actually paying for the foods.

Very disappointing

We decided to spend a night in Edinburgh and we selected this 4* hotel. Located outside the old town we had to hire a taxi to reach the hotel and once we found it we discovered that the bedroom was very small and withouth a bathtub! The breakfast we had was definitely for tourists with low quality food far from high standards. The price of £100 ($190) per night was overpriced.

That one was the first and last time at this hotel.

Comments