Lindsay Guest House

108 Polwarth Terrace, Merchiston, Edinburgh, EH11 1NN, United Kingdom

More about Lindsay Guest House

Best Ever

by TripAdvisor Member Openboater

This is the best Guest House we have stayed in, if only all the others were up to the standard of the Lindsay. The owners are helpful and friendly and have lots of useful information to make your holiday go well. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and the facilities were excellent, well furnished and maintained.
We would definitely stay there again.

loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member di-wize

This was the first Guest House of our Scottish holiday and we loved it. The Victorian interior of the house was very impressive and well maintained. Pamela and Keith were very friendly and helpful, telling us about the city. The breakfasts were great, the fruit salad was wonderful!

A home away from home!

by TripAdvisor Member 11_59_Traveller

In a quiet residential street, with excellent transport links to the city centre, Lindsay Guest House offers a very high standard of accomodation and a calm oasis for any trip to Edinburgh. Keith and Pamela are very welcoming hosts with a wealth of information and knowledge about the city. The warm welcome I received, made me a repeat visitor each week whilst working in Edinburgh for 8 months in 2007. I can not recomend it highly enough.

Wonderful place to stay while in Edinburgh!

by TripAdvisor Member WanderersSurrey

Our surname is Lindsay so this was a must. Our son had helped us find this gem. It is in a quiet residential area yet convenient to public transport and the attractions we had come to see .
The house is lovely and comfortable, decorated in a very appealing way combining tartan pride and period furnishings . My personal favorites were the hobby horse in the front hall and a lovely trapunto & ribbon embroidery on a wall in our room.
My husband enjoyed his morning run along the canal and we both appreciated the ease with which we could board a bus only moments from the guest house and travel to and from the town centre . We used a public car park on the day we arrived. There was no need for one after that.
Keith and Pamela Jeffs are wonderfully friendly hosts who make their guests feel most welcome. They provided hearty, delicious breakfasts as well as generous helpings of information and assistance.
We would definitely stay there again ourselves and commend the Lindsay Guest House to other travelers coming to Edinburgh.

Excellent place to stay in Edinburgh

by TripAdvisor Member truderic

We stayed mid October 2007 for a week at the LINDSAY GUEST HOUSE, Edinburgh, and we very satisfied.- Wonderful rooms, everything spotless clean, great breakfast, and, above all, the warm and friendly atmosphere created by the charming owners Keith and Pamela.- Warmly recommended.-
Erico Stern, Montevideo, Uruguay

A Warm Welcome Awaits You!

by TripAdvisor Member Leisky

We stayed at the Lindsay Guesthouse recently for a girls night out and it was fabulous! The Lindsay is located in a tranquil affluent residential area of the city and boasts neighbours such as Ian Rankin the highly acclaimed crime writer and JK Rowling famous for the Harry Potter Books! The city centre is approx 5 minutes away or hop on a number 10 bus which passes the front door regularly!

Keith and Pamela provide you with a warm welcome and go out of their way to ensure your visit is a memorable one. The rooms are of a high standard, excellently furnished and spotlessly clean!

Keith's Lindsay Guest House full Scottish breakfast is indeed a hearty one! Truly scrumptious it not only sets you up for the day but it provides you with the true taste of Scotland as the ingredients are all locally produced.

There is an excellent range of local amenities nearby with shops, restaurants and bars. Pamela and Keith offer you advice on what to see and do during your stay and there is an abundance of information on hand promoting activities which are easily accessible such as Hillend dry ski slope, Edinburgh's Golf courses and many pleasant walking routes along the Union Canal which the rear of the guesthouse overlooks!

This was indeed a very enjoyable break with a very warm welcome. We certainly will stay at the Lindsay Guesthouse again in the near future and will be recommending it to all our friends and family!

Five Star Hospitality at the Lindsay

by TripAdvisor Member MrsHerr

I stayed at the Lindsay Guest House with some friends and we absolutely loved it. The guest house is situated in a quiet residential area of Edinburgh but certainly isn't far from the city centre. The shops, restaurants and bars of Edinburgh city centre are easily within walking distance from the guest house, but there are also excellent public transport links from right outside the guest house.

The Lindsay Guest House is a family-run guest house and Pamela and Keith gave us a warm, friendly welcome when we arrived. The guest house is tastefully furnished and our guest room was fabulous - spacious, clean and with great facilities. We couldn't have asked for more.

The guest house offers a wealth of information on Edinburgh and all that you can see and do there - very useful details to have when you're planning your day over breakfast. Pamela and Keith's local knowledge also comes in very handy!

When it comes to breakfasts, Keith's "The Lindsay" is hard to beat and is thoroughly delicious. Everything you could possibly want in a breakfast - and possibly more! I still managed to eat the lot though! Apart from The Lindsay, you can choose from many cooked breakfast options, truly something for everyone. If you're looking for a healthy option, there's also a good selection of fruit juices, fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals.

I simply can't fault the Lindsay Guest House - I'll definitely be staying there again and will certainly recommend it to friends and family when they are visiting Edinburgh.

Great guest house

by TripAdvisor Member peddie

Being the first time i stayed in Edinburgh,at the Lindsay guest
house i i recieved a very warm welcome from host Keith and
Pamela on my arrival and throught out my stay.The morning
breakfast was absolutety Excellent a great start to the day.
Also the house,was very clean and fresh with clean linen every
day,all in all the lindsay is a excellent place to stay.

Excellance "Again"!

by TripAdvisor Member DOENOK

For the third time in 4 years, we have had the pleasure of being guests of Pamela and Keith. They always make you feel at home in their well maintained and appointed B & B.

Any problem is solveable for Pamela and Keith and they most certainly helped out when we lost luggage at Heathrow, just before a family wedding. They are concerned for their guests and try to ensure a wonderful stay, including that "Special Scottish Breakfast"!

Thanks Keith and Pamela. We will see you again, I am sure.

Sincerely, Ian & Shirley Brownlee - Calgary, Canada.

I Want to Live There Permanently!

by TripAdvisor Member okterry

I had the great good fortune and pleasure to stay at the Lindsay Guest House for 10 days on my first trip to Edinburgh. The House is in the upscale Polwarth area, with easy access into the city center either by bus (which stops nearly at the front door) or by a leisurely 20-minute walk down the path of the Union Canal, which is right behind the house.

The proprietors, Keith and Pamela Jeffs, have decorated the guest rooms so that they are both charming and comfortable. Breakfast, served each morning in a lovely dining room, was fantastic! And who knew I'd be having a "wee dodd" of haggis to start my days (and even more amazing -- loving it! It's rather like the Scottish version of Spam!).

The Lindsay Guest House is the finest accommodation I've enjoyed on my various trips to Europe. The hosts were so gracious and very informative as to what sights to see and what restaurants to try. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere but the Lindsay Guest House for my future trips to Edinburgh. And I will go back -- what a lovely old city absolutely drenched in interesting history!

Cairnapple HillCairnapple Hill

The Royal MileThe Royal Mile

city centre west endcity centre west end

Edinburgh Castle, ScotlandEdinburgh Castle, Scotland

proposal

by irishguy28

any recommended spots in edinburgh for a guy to propose to his girl. all replies mucho appreciated.

RE: proposal

by GillianMcLaughlin

Oh... up on Calton Hill or Arthur's seat or Salisbury Craggs at sunset... great view over the city... very memorable.

by Sjalen

My thoughts completely Gillian :)

by clivedinburgh

If you don't want to go hill climbing, go for meal or drinks at Oloroso on Castle Street, great views of the Castle & Forth Estuary.

by lou31

Oh yes I agree with Gillian. Salisbury Crag or Arthurs Seat.

by df53

the guy sitting opposite me in the office right now went on one of those helicopter tours and popped the question while hovering over Edinburgh Castle.

Walk up the Pentlands, you get a great view of the city from the top of places like Allermuir Hill?

Rosslyn Chapel?