Masson House Hotel Edinburgh

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Edinburgh

Arthur's SeatArthur's Seat

Exterior: The Royal McGregor, Edinburgh (Aug. '08)Exterior: The Royal McGregor, Edinburgh (Aug. '08)

National Museum of ScotlandNational Museum of Scotland

Named for one of my friendsNamed for one of my friends

south queensferry port to Britannia

by flagal24

Arriving by cruise ship at South Queensferry port in June. How do I get to the Royal Britannia and is it worth seeing. We were in Edinburgh before and looking for interesting things to do.

Re: south queensferry port to Britannia

by iaint

Is it S Queensferry or Rosyth?

Rosyth would mean docking. S Queensferry would mean tenders from ship to shore. They're on different sides of the estuary, so it would affect transport options.

S Queensferry is on the Edinburgh bus system, but probably you'd have to change in the centre.

We went to the yacht last month (see my Edinburgh pages) and I enjoyed it. You'll go round in 2-3 hours max.

Re: south queensferry port to Britannia

by local_guide

It may be a good idea to contact your cruise providers to find out where you would be docking and if a taxi service is available from there, as that would be the fastest way to get to the Brittania. They may even be willing to organise an outing there. Strangely, the entrance to the Brittania is through a modern shopping mall. The Brittania itself has a gift shop for souvenirs.

The boat is interesting to see and you may be surprised at the Queen's accommodation, but I'll say no more as I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

Travel Tips for Edinburgh

The Street Party is the place...

by B.P.Newton

The Street Party is the place to be for New Years Eve.
Although tickets are hard to come by, joining the First Foot Club give's you entry to the party.

If not there for New Years, allow a full day to trek around the castle. I found it easier to spread it over 2 days so that you aren't inundated with history.

Edinburgh is the capital of...

by Kurt_S.

Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and with its 400.000 people living there it still has the charme of a city that lives in history and is yet a modern city for the third millenium. The Scots are proud on their capitaland their national heritage. And every visitor to this beautiful city can understand their pride.You'll love it!

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain

by Packerman

These flowers really stood out to me because they are so brilliant and most of my stay in Edinburgh the clouds were gray. Bring raingear and expect to wear it at least half the time. Try not to have a big umbrella, it will get in the way while you are walking.

The sea the sea

by evaanna

Mesmerised by the wonderful architecture of this fascinating city, you are likely to forget that Edinburgh is situated on the North Sea. Reminded of it by my tutor, though I had known it myself before, one day I got on a bus going in that direction to see what the seaside looked like. The name Portobello suggested to me great beaches so I headed there first. What I found was my only disappointment there. A narrow dirty brownish beach, a kind of pavillion with slot-machines during the season, no open sea, only land in the distance. If I had looked at the map more closely, I should have expected the latter, but still it all looked so bleak on a clear November day. I got on a bus as quickly as I could to continue my journey to Duddingston Village and I was immediately charmed. I had not made that trip for nothing.

CHRISTMAS is everyday

by EdinburghRoc about CHRISTMAS SHOPS

Three shops two on the Royal Mile and one in Victora Street have lots of christmas gift ideas for friends or your christmas tree.

Ye Old Christmas Shoppe on the Canongate.
The Christmas Shop on the West Bow.
The Nutcracker Christmas Shop 52 High Street British / Scottish Christmas theme gifts for your Christmas Tree. £-££-£££

Comments