25 East London Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4BN, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Ramsay's B&B

A Wee Edinburgh Treat!

by TripAdvisor Member Cacfish

I stayed here las summer and always meant to write a review. My partner and I stayed for 2 days and really enjoed the B&B. we had never stayed in a B&B together before or in recent years and found the whole experience very cosy, friendly and I would recommend it. Its in such a handy spot for going out to local bars and resturants - I know Edinburgh very well so I knew which bars etc I would be looking to stay in.
Sharon was lovely and friendly with that cheerful and direct scottish way about her - even after an accident that I had with red wine. Sorry about that one sharon!
On that occasion her dad was helping out serving breakfast and was also so friendly!
The room was so clean and the dining room modern and fresh.
I would stay again if I was visiting Edinburgh (if she'd let us after the accident lol)

Ramsay's was excelent .

by TripAdvisor Member Englaender123

It doesn't come any better. Room , Breakfast you name it , you will get nothing no where any better. Sharon who owns this B&B
very friendly she could not do enough for us, it does not matter what time of the day it was she was always there to help us.
Only one word can discribe this EXCELENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fam.Fred Rigby Germany

"Brilliant B&B"

by TripAdvisor Member janmart

August 22nd 2008

We stayed at Ramsay's for a few days, Sharon & family made us feel so welcome, the room,bathroom etc was spotless. Good choice for breakfast, my husband needed some special dietry requirements & this wasn't a problem for Sharon.
We got plenty of good information & help with parking the car etc.

Thanks Sharon & family, we arrived as strangers & left as friends.

We'll be back!

Completely felt at home

by TripAdvisor Member clarks_8

My special thanks go out to Ramsay's b&b. We traveled to Edinburgh to get married and run in the Edinburgh marathon. We had an incredible stay at Ramsays. My fiance and I arrived in Edinburgh and immediately felt welcome and at home in Ramsays. We had a few days before our wedding to get last minute details organized and Sharon and Norrie were invaluable. We walked back and forth into the city center and found the attractions were very close. We could not have been happier with the rooms we stayed in or with the breakfasts. We had our friends in town and we filled all the rooms at the B&B. We would stay at here again in a heartbeat on our next trip to Scotland.

Sharon and Norrie are gems

by TripAdvisor Member nudels

I have just had the pleasure of leaving the Ramsay B and B and Sharon and Norrie go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The roomn was immaculate and cleaned daily. It was also spacious and very comfortable. Very centrally located with a few good restaurants near by on Broughton St and when we were leaving, they even called us a hire car direct to the airport. Our stay couldnt have been easier; thanks again Sharon and Norrie!!

Home from home

by TripAdvisor Member munch_misba

We all know the expression " First impression count " Well they certainly did at Ramsay's B&B.

This delightful B&B is situated on a quiet street just a mere 10 min walk of all the action and attractions. Upon arriving at the door you are greeted personally by The owner and i have to say you are treated and welcomed like part of the family itself. The owners make you feel immediately at home and to be fully relaxed. It was just like home from home. The decoration inside and out is all up to date and can only be described as immaculate.

Breakfast is a delicious fried scottish breakfast, if that is not your taste there is also various cereals on offer. Not to mention coffee, tea and orange juice.

You also have your own entry key, so returning during the early hours is not a problem. Should you own a car there is also parking quite near by but is dependable on the time of day.

I would mark Ramsay's B&B 10 out of 10 in every sense you will not be disappointed. So to sum up, A friendly and immaculate B&B offering excellent food, great communication and tourist advice coupled to an excellent location.

Perfect Holiday in Edinburgh

by TripAdvisor Member Nemo_Hawk

We spent a week with the Ramsays in Edinburgh back in July and I have never experienced such warmth and friendliness from strangers whether in or out of the hospitality industry. We have traveled a fair bit in Europe and the Americas and I can safely say that I have never felt more welcome. Staff at a four star hotel can call you Mr. and Mrs. or sir and madame and leave mints on your pillows, while charging you what could easily be described as extortion. But it takes a caring and warm place to call you by your name, fold your sheets back and tuck your daughter's dolly into the bed, get up early to make her porridge so it has time to cool a bit before she eats it and give you a cup of tea in the middle of the afternoon when you come back shattered from sightseeing. It is the details and the thoughtfulness that makes this bed and breakfast stand out.

The location was perfect for us (we have a small child) as it was very quiet at night but only a 10 minute walk to Princes' Street. We saw everything on our list and only took the bus once (to the Edinburgh Zoo and back). The breakfast was exceptional (and filling!), the room clean and comfortable and the price very, very reasonable. And I cannot say enough about the staff. They did more than make us feel "at home", they made us feel like family.

This is what a holiday stay should be. The location was far too convenient, the breakfast far to tasty and filling, the room far too stylish, clean and comfortable, and the staff far too caring, warm and accommodating. All told, this made it far too hard to go back home.

Best ever stay in Edinburgh

by TripAdvisor Member tomkat01

What an excellent find this B&B is. We stayed for 4 days on our 5th visit to Edinburgh and had the best time. This hotel is lovely: welcoming and helpful hosts - Sharon serves a superb full breakfast; very clean and in a brilliant location. We hope to stay again next year if it's not booked solid!

Loved the warm atmosphere!!

by TripAdvisor Member zeelien

Last September we stayed at Ramsays during a conference and some days extra to visist the city. I can say this B&B really enlightened our Edinburgh experience!
Besides the clean rooms, comfortable beds, a lovely shower, nice breakfast and the lovely decorated rooms, it were the 'extras' that made our stay so pleasant. Like Sharon waving you goodbye when going to work (like your mum in earlier days ;-)), the breakfast conversations with Norrie, and the coffee and tea PLUS cookies in your room..... After one day we allready called it 'home'!

I would really recommend this place when visiting Edinburgh!

Best B&B in Edinburgh!!

by TripAdvisor Member 5GsNewYork

Do yourself a favor & look no further. Ramsay's B&B in Edinburgh is neat & modern, the rooms are spotless. Sharon's warm Scottish hospitality and attention to detail make you feel right at home. The food is superb. We stayed at Ramsay's while in Edinburgh for the Tattoo - it is in a great location. You can easily walk to the city center and there are busses very close by.
My children cried when we were leaving, they loved Sharon so much!!! We will be there again, no doubt. Thanks for everything.

Comments