Sandaig Guest House

5 East Hermitage Place, Leith Links, Edinburgh, Scotland EH6 8AA, United Kingdom
Agoda.com Booking.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Sandaig Guest House

Loved the ambience

by TripAdvisor Member JoyMack

The moment you walk in the Sandaig you feel welcome. The atmosphere is warm and the innkeepers are fabulous. Our room had old world elegance with a brilliant chandlier and bay window that overlooked the park across the street. The beds were comfortable and the complimentary teas and biscuits added a special touch. The breakfast was fabulous warm and filing that kept you goind for the whole day. If I am ever fortunate enough to go back I would book a stay at the Sandaig Guest House again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

STILL THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY IN EDINBURGH

by TripAdvisor Member travelexpert61

I first visited the Sandaig Guest House way back in 1997 and was immediately impressed by the polite, friendly, welcoming and professional manner of the proprietors, Derek and Marina with the result that I fell in love with the place. Ever since that time I have never known Derek and Marina to do anything else other than invest in their property and business by constantly re-decorating and spending considerable amounts of money to ensure that their bedrooms are excellently appointed with the newest, most modern and most tasteful furnishings and fittings with the result that the Sandaig has consistently achieved high awards from several different classification schemes and it is currently graded as being a four star establishment with visitscotland.com (the former Scottish Tourist Board, the national grading and classification scheme of the Scottish tourist industry.) Also, 99% of the guests who have stayed there (many of whom are like myself repeat visitors over a period of years) leave most impressed and satisfied as can be seen by a look at their guest book. In addition to the modern, stylish, well appointed and spotlessly clean rooms, they offer one of the best and most varied breakfast menus of any guest house I have ever known in my near thirty years in the tourist industry and they are the friendliest and politest people one could ever hope to meet, even when dealing with the occasional awkward customer and complaint. They also ensure that this same level of attention to customer satisfaction and service is provided by every single member of their well trained staff.

I can only say that anyone looking for clean, modern, stylish and well appointed rooms where an excellent and varied breakfast is served would be hard pressed to find a better establishment, whether hotel or guest house. Speaking from personal experience I can say that you do not stay a success in this line of business for sixteen years (the length of time Derek and Marina have successfully been trading at the Sandaig) by being anything other than extremely polite, friendly, welcoming and professional and by offering anything other than the extremely high level of quality product and service offered by Derek, Marina and their multilingual staff.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Sandaig Guest House to any business traveller or family with children thinking of visiting Edinburgh and look forward to my own next visit.

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member s0mmers

What a fantastic stay Mark and I had at the Sandaig for our anniversary. The room we had was beautifully decorated with a fantastic shower. The guest house was very clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful and polite, they took great care of us during our stay. Thank you so much for making our anniversary so special. The food was great too!! We will definately be back to stay in the future and have recommended it to our friends and family.

Still the best place to stay in Edinburgh!

by TripAdvisor Member virginiatraveller7

Another fantastic trip to Edinburgh, another fantastic stay with Marina & Derek at the Sandaig! The hospitality, the room, the breakfast, the location, the cost ...there is absolutely nothing to improve upon!
For all of you planning a trip to this beautiful city...do not stay anywhere else!

Would definitely go back

by TripAdvisor Member lorrainem77

Had a lovely overnight stay at Sandaig at the start of February and would definitely return. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The ensuite bathroom was huge with a shower you wanted to stay in for hours!

Fantastic one night stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Zoya_Zu

That was a great weekend in Edingburgh! Fantastic weather, lovely hotel, nice hosting team and great breakfast! What else you can dream of while on shot holidays?..

The loom was lovely - nice and clean, vintage-look furnitue, sunny windows. I would say, that the whole place has a soul - warm and friendly. Will definitely stay there when visiting Edinburgh next time!

Sandaig - reviewed

by TripAdvisor Member MGDWirral

My partner and I stayed at Sandaig for 4 nights and I am delighted to say that it would be difficult to find fault with this establishment. It is immaculately clean and tastefully furnished. We were particularly impressed with the bathroom decor and quality of fittings. In the bedroom, the TV is accompanied by a DVD/CD player, whilst an iron and ironing board are provided for guests use along with a small security safe. Useful too, is the alarm clock/radio. Needless to say tea/coffee making facilities are provided.

On the catering side, the breakfast was very enjoyable, with a choice of cereals, juices and a very satisfying Scottish breakfast cooked to a high standard and with plenty of choice as to consist, even offering haggis with the bacon and egg for those who want something slightly different. The serving staff are very welcoming and attentive.

The Sandaig is situated a short distance from the city centre, in a quiet location overlooking a park. The centre is easily accessible by the cheap and frequent bus service, passing right outside the front door.

I would not hesitate to return to the Sandaig on my next visit and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone seeking reasonably priced quality accommodation in Edinburgh.

MGD

more than i expected.

by TripAdvisor Member jenniflower10

we really enjoyed our stay, it was better than i expected. the room was excellent, very comfortable. it wasn't as close to things, ie, the shore, shops, city centre as i thought, from the website description. but the local buses were very good.

Fantastic Bargain, highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member oskeebob

Travelling from the states on a business trip, I was dismayed by the prices in standard hotels. I chose the Sandaig for convenience but the personalized service and comfort I experienced were unexpected. Free high speed, best breakfast I had in Edinburgh were highlights.

Highly recommended !

by TripAdvisor Member FoodfanInverness

We thoroughly enjoyed our w/end stay at Sandaig and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends or family. We chose it primarily because the Leith area was focus for our trip and Sandaig was very conveniently located. It proved to be a great choice - the rooms were clean, comfy & had everything necessary. The staff were friendly and helpful, which is always a bonus. Breakfast held an excellent range of choice and was available at sensible times. Parking wasn't even a problem and was free - you can't say that everywhere ! We were very slightly disappointed to find no bath and only a small shower cubicle, however it served the purpose fine and we would be happy to use it again. The only minor quibble in an otherwise excellent establishment. A credit to Derek & Marina - well done !

Comments