1.5 out of 5 stars1.5 Star

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Smart City Hostels Edinburgh

Accomodations in Edinburgh

by angie1

My husband and I have 5 days in Scotland. We will be staying in Edinburgh, and taking day tours. My question is about where to stay. I was hoping to ease the cost of things by staying in a hostel. We would take the bus or train in from the airport, and want to stay around the royal mile for sightseeing purposes. We aren't big party people and we are both in late 40's. I have a list of hostels and was wondering if anyone knew much about them, and could tell me if one is better for our situation: Edinburgh Central S.Youth Hostel, Smart City Hostel,Budget Backpackers,and High Street Hostel. Thanks

by leics

Hostel reviews here:

and here:

and more if you google.

Read through the reviews online, and consider their location as well as facilities. Some of the hostels are very close to Edinburgh's nightlife, which may well mean noisy streets at night.

by hawkhead

You could also try the Travelodge Central, which is just off the royal Mile on St Mary's Street but quiet. You can have breakfast there for an extra cost but it is better to just go across the road for eats - much cheaper and better. Don't know when you are going but often if one books early on the Travelodge site, then there are bargains to be had - from £15 and up for rooms. However, that being said, Edinburgh is about bottom of the bargain table AND it depends on when you are going. If you are planning to go in July or August or September, book NOW!! That applies to any accommodation. Oh yes, you could also try Eurohostel - it's actually used as a Uni residence but is available outside of term time.

by leics

Personally (given that you say you are not ' big party people') I suspect you'd be happier in a Travelodge or b&b than in a hostel, particularly in the summer momths. But that's just my opinion.

by fionasydney

My husband and I were in similar situation. We stayed in Edinburgh Backpackers in Cockburn St.just around the corner from the Royal Mile. We had a double room with private bathroom in a separate building from the Backpackers so no noisy,drunken antics to deal with. The room was small and basic but fine,we were out all day anyway. It's 1 minute walk from Waverley station and the price was good.

Comments