9 Chester Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH3 7RF, United Kingdom
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about The Chester Residence

The Chester Residence is Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Alexsandrah

The Chester Residence richly deserves the wonderful reviews on this page. My college-age son and I stayed in Room 2 for three nights. The bedroom, living room and kitchen were spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. The decor is very pretty, stylish and bright without feeling at all stuffy. Outside my bedroom window was a lovely garden.

The breakfast food placed in the kitchen each day for the next day was tasty and generous (for example, there were two delicious/different organic bread loaves each day). We engaged a variety of activities, including a comedy club, the historic sites and Old Town, shopping, climbing to Arthur's Seat, and of course dining. All were within easy walking distance or an inexpensive friendly cab ride. Our hosts were friendly, knowledgable and concerned with all details of our well-being. I would definitely come here several times a year if it were just closer to home!

Highly Recommend - Chester Residence

by TripAdvisor Member toonarmyusa

I'm a relatively experienced business traveller and rather than find myself stuck in another chain hotel - I was delighted to find this property via my Conference event organisers.

The owners of this property (seasoned business travellers themselves) have gone all out with this immaculate 5 star City residence. (5 stars from the Scotish Tourist Board)

In my mammoth one-bedroomed flat (note: truly huge - even by North American standards) all rooms were beautifully and carefully appointed.

Enormous period windows drenched each room (14 feet high ceilings) with heaps of natural light. The bathroom and kitchen were both impeccably fitted with stainless steel, granite and high end fixtures. There were also many reading books to choose from the well stocked living room shelves - it felt like home.

Every day for breakfast the kitchen was re-stocked with fresh cut fruit, yoghurt, breads, butters, preserves, spring water and teas/coffees. There were even carefully re-stocked chocolate and cookie jars. With chamnpagne, red and white wines also available to buy at an additional cost.

My conference (at the EICC) was a short 10 minute walk - as were the shops and restaurants of Princes Street and other City attractions such as Edinburgh Castle.

I have fond memories of visiting Edinburgh as a child, but the Chester Residence has given me another reason to come back soon.

A working colleague of mine had the basement level flat which opened up to the well kept gardens in the rear of the building.

The only problem with The Chester Residence was to motivate myself to leave for my Conference in the morning!

Will definately revisit again...wow.

An exceptional place to sta

We just returned from a trip to Scotland which included six nights at the Chester Residence. We stayed in apartment number two. What a wonderful place! It is spacious, quiet, and very comfortable.

Jackey and Brian, the owners, are very friendly and welcoming.

The apartments are within convenient walking distance of Princes Street, the High Street, and the Old Town. Small cafes and markets are very close by.

Our trip included nights spent at two other high-end Edinburgh accomodations. However, the Chester Residence was our hands-down favorite. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else unless we were unable to get a reservation.

It is no surprise the Chester Residence is ranked number one place to stay in Edinburth on Trip Advisor site. We really can't say enough good things about it!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Travelcritic-ca

We had a few days between business meetings and decided to head to Edinburgh. The Chester residence deserves all of the accolades it recieves and having the ability to cook your own breakfast was extremely refreshing and relaxing.

Overall we give this a 5!.

fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member bishopb

What a wonderful place to stay in the heart of a city! Spacious, bright, clean and extremely comfortable - we would not hesitate to recommend the Chester Residence.

Unsurpassed quality in every way

My family of 4 arrived in Edinburgh as the first stop of a two week trip through Scotland. It could not have been a better start to the trip. Jacky Brayton is an extraordinary hostess. She was very helpful before and during the trip, and her good cheer was welcome to some sleep-deprived travellers. We stayed in #2, and the accomodations could not have been nicer. Very large rooms, two bathrooms, and a very well stocked kitchen. Chester Residence is located in the "New Town" part of Edinburgh which is a bit funny since the New Town dates from the mid-1700's and has wonderful Georgian architecture. It is in a quiet neighborhood, but within easy ( and very safe) walking distance from the fantastic restaurants on or near George Street ( we highly recommend Cosmo on N. Castle St, just off George St. for fine dining) . It is also within an easy walk of Princes Street and High Street ( the Royal Mile). Edinburgh is hilly, so wear good walking shoes. Be sure to visit the "Georgian House" in Charlotte square, a couple of Blocks from the Chester Residence. It provides an excellent history of Edinburgh that helps immensely when walking about and looking at the architecture and layout of the city. Arthur's Seat near Holyrood House is also definitely worth the climb for the view. Get Jacky to tell you which path to take. We stayed 3 nights at Chester Residence and will not consider staying anywhere else when in Edinburgh again.

Town House Class

by TripAdvisor Member Aikodoggy

The Chester Residence offers so much more than Edinburgh's many clone hotels. My wife and I stayed in the second floor apartment for two nights in May. The accomodation is excellent: the living area is exceptional and the bedroom large and airy. The bed was clean and comfortable and the bedroom has relaxing views over the back garden. This apartment comes with two bathrooms (one en suite) which is always useful and there is a modern kitchen with microwave and two ring hob which would enable a light meal to be prepared if the nearby restaurants and bars don't appeal. Top marks also for the breakfast which you can have when you want as the kitchen is pre-stocked. We would definitely stay again given its excellent location and quality.

Absolutely fantastic Apartments!

As I wanted to ask my beautiful, amazingly cool girlfriend of seven years if she'd like to marry me, I wanted to make sure that we stay at a place according to the job at hand. And I guess there would not have been any better solution than renting an apartment at the Chester Residence. Huge room with our own garden and kitchen with fresh fruit in the fridge, spacious bathroom and separate toilet, bright living room, fresh flowers next to our bed. Every thing super clean and every morning fresh eggs and OJ ready. The owners Jacky and Brian were extremely kind and helpful in finding restaurants and places to visit (go check out the view from Arthur's seat, it's splendid!). And if you'd get bored, a large selection of DVDs is ready. Two thumbs way up as Siskel and Ebert would say! :-)

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member BKHLD

We stayed in the Garden Suite for 2 nights in May, and thoroughly enjoyed our time at The Chester. The whole house is in immaculate condition, and has been refurbished and modernised to an exceptionally high standard. The bedroom was spacious (the whole suite had very high ceilings), with a comfortable bed, and very large and modern ensuite bathroom (the massive shower/bath with a plentiful supply of Crabtree & Evelyn products was a real joy). The lounge area was nice and bright, with doors opening out to a pleasant garden. Kitchen was re-stocked each day with organic, high quality bread, milk, fruit, juice, yoghurt and eggs, enabling you to make yourself a substantial breakfast.
In terms of location, it's absolutely perfect - only a short walk to the centre of town, but far enough away to ensure a bit of peace and quiet.
Overall, would highly recommend it, and we look forward to returning soon!

Wow !!!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGirl55

This was one of the best places that we have ever stayed! Since there was 4 of us - we stayed in the 2nd floor apartment. It was fantastic!

The kitchenette was fully stocked with breakfast. Organic breads, yougurt, cereal, juice and more.

The rooms were huge - plenty of room to stretch out and relax. It was much better than your average hotel - where you only have a bedroom - you really have your own apartment.

The location is good - only a short walk to great restaurants on George Street. And an easy walk to downtown tourist areas of Edinburgh.

You won't be sorry about staying at this hotel.

Cairnpapple HillCairnpapple Hill

VIEW OF THE CASTLEVIEW OF THE CASTLE

John's Grey's grave-owner of Greyfriar's BobbyJohn's Grey's grave-owner of Greyfriar's Bobby

Dave standing outside a GNER train at Kings CrossDave standing outside a GNER train at Kings Cross

A nice , cheap and good B&B or Hotel

by elpariente

Can you recomend me a nice , cheap and good B&B or hotel near Pricess street as I will be in July in Edinburgh
I hope I am not asking too much

RE: A nice , cheap and good B&B or Hotel

by St_Vincent

There is plenty of choice in Edinburgh, my advice when looking at hotels is to make sure you know exactly where they are as many claim to be close to the centre when they are quite a walk away.

One that I have stayed at and is very central and just a few minutes walk down to Princes Street is the Frederick House Hotel, part of the Townhouse group www.townhousehotels.co.uk. It is a small friendly hotel, good value for money, no restaurant so the inclusive breakfast is taken at a pleasant restaurant over the road.

Here's another well located hotel, I've not stayed there but I was considering booking it recently until I had to cancel the trip www.clarendonhoteledi.co.uk.

I've heard bad reports about the Ibis Hotel so probably avoid that.

Best Regards