The Burnside Guest House

14 Queens Terrace, Ayr, KA7 1DU, United Kingdom
The Burnside Guest House
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Ayr

get me out of hereget me out of here

Ailsa Craig from DunureAilsa Craig from Dunure

River as it passes through the TownRiver as it passes through the Town

Robert Burns' Cottage in AllowayRobert Burns' Cottage in Alloway

Travel Tips for Ayr

ST JOHNS TOWER

by hevbell

A view you don't often get to see. From St Johns Tower looking towards Ayr shore, Carrick Hills, and the Sheriff court and County Buildings in the foreground. Normally the tower is closed to the public but its usually open during the annual Doors Open Day which is when I visited.

STUFF YOURSELF CHINESE STYLE

by hevbell about Futura Gardens

I had my birthday meal here last year. The decor etc isn't terribly Chinese or anything, it just feels like a big room with tables. The food more than made up for it though and was delicious. Great desserts and yummy chilli fries as well as all the usual asian dishes to choose from. The buffet was around £12

CULZEAN COUNTRY PARK

by hevbell

The best thing about Culzean, for those of us who live close and can visit regulalry, is the grounds. The country park covers over 500 acres and encompasses beaches, cliff walks, woodland walks, formal gardens, a walled garden, picnic areas, childrens play area, swan pond and various other small ponds and much more. It looks totally different at different times of year and is just a great place to go on a sunny day for a walk or just to relax :)

This picture was taken down on one of the beaches back in the spring.

GIRVAN

by hevbell

GIrvan is just about 10-15 miles from where I live but considering its proximity I don't seem to go there that often except passing through on the odd drive down the coast. In fact it had been years since I had been anywhere near the harbour area. Then one day back in May I was bored and the weather was gorgeous so I decided I wanted to go somewhere with my camera. Hence I ended up heading for Girvan for a change of scenery. I have a thing about boats so I loved the harbour area and I'd forgotten what a nice beach it has! Oh and not forgetting the yummy ice cream from Bob's!!!

Girvan isn't a huge town, I took this photo down on the promenade and you can see the hills rising up behind the town.

There is still a working boat yard in Girvan harbour, there were people working on these boats when I took this photo. It was interesting to watch :)

I took a walk out to the end of the pier and came to this little lighthouse building

A calm day in Girvan harbour!!

This fishing boat was just returning to the harbour as I was walking out towards the pier. Its nice to see there is still SOME fishing industry in Ayrshire :) It seemed quite busy there really!

"CARRICK 800"

This was probably about the last time I had been at Girvan Harbour! It was in the late 1980s when the area of Carrick [in which Girvan is one of the main towns along with its "capital" Maybole] was celebrating its 800th birthday.

My dad took part in this re-enactment in Girvan harbour and we went along to watch!

Comments