3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Jurys Inn Glasgow

We loved Jury's Inn!

My partner and I have recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Glasgow Jury's Inn and we both thought it was lovely. Exceptionally clean, bright airy rooms, friendly staff and a great breakfast that would feed the 5000!
Our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the railway, but the triple glazing really does keep the noise out and if you look past the railway to the view of the River Clyde it was quite nice - especially at night.
The location was perfect for us and we would recommend Jury's Inn to everyone, we really enjoyed our stay.

Ideal for quick business trips

I stayed here on business 27th Sep. for 1 night.

Positives;
excellent service from all staff; quick check-in, helpful when asked for directions, speedy response in restaurant.
food is delicious, both at dinner and breakfast.
all public areas very clean.
room small but clean & comfy - expecially the bed, I slept really well!
nice touch in the bathroom with the Lux & Dove showergels.
overnight parking in the adjacent NCP is discounted to £5 for guests.

Suggested development areas;
whilst the hotel itself is wellkept, the location appears a bit dodgy - I didn't go out on my own at night.
no room service option - as a lone female I would more often than not prefer to have room service rather than dine in the restaurant, though this wasn't a problem and there were other lone guests (male & female) who did as I did and brought something to read.
no gym/leisure facilities.
no mini bar (not a problem for me but some might prefer it!)

I didn't try the bar.

Overall, I felt very safe here and would recommend it for business users for 1 or 2 day stays - after all, you're out at work during the day so the lack of facilities shouldn't matter.
It's well worth it for the standard of service alone, which I find is a rarity these days.

Great central hotel but avoid the bar food!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jmay

I stayed here on the weekend beginning 7 October 2005 for 2 nights with 2 friends in a triple room. The room was very clean and tidy and a great size. Staff as throughout most of Glasgow were really lovely and very helpful.

Check-in was very quick and they kept our bags for a few hours the day we checked out. The only complaint we would have was with the food in the bar which we ate on our last afternoon. It was absolutely terrible, half raw ciabatta bread and frozen chips served by the slowest mover in SCotland!!!!

The hotel is actually only a few minutes from the shops, without all the usual noise. Definitely stay here again, but won't be eating!!!!

Excellent Staff

I went with 13 other women on my sisters hen night. The staff could not have made us feel more welcome. They went above their call of duty to help us, even bandaging up one of the girls knee and carrying her bag to the trian station. The food was excellent as was the service. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and cant wait to go back.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NI123

Stayed here for one night. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was lovely (if a bit small). The bathroom was clean and a good size. Good location for the shops. Would definitely stay here again. All in all it was great value for money.

Fantastic hotel - would recommend to all

Have just returned from a weekend booked into this hotel for my 40th - can't praise it highly enough.
This hotel was fantastic - lovely, helpful, polite staff - they couldn't do enough to help you - what a nice change!!
The room was adequate size, very clean and nicely furnished.
Meals were lovely - our breakfast was included in the price, but there were some people turning up for breakfast and having to pay £9-50 per head - i assume that they had only paid for their room and maybe didn't realise that breakfast wasn't included- i suppose the lesson for others is to ensure that breakfast is included - beautiful buffet breakfast.
Their bar meals were also fab and only cost about £20 for a 2 course meal for 2 - very reasonable we thought. Car parking is in the NCP carpark on the next street and is a secure carpark - sign states £11-50 for 24hrs but if you give the ticket to the hotel they reduce that to £5 for 24hrs - well worth it.
Yes, we would definately return to this hotel and would highly recommend it to all.

Service & Rooms

The Romms are small and in need of update ie. razor sockets do not work. The heating is by a poor air conditioning system. Therefore making them either freezing or too hot. There is an inadequate double locking door system, that enabled security to let someone into my room when I was sleeping.
The bar is open and cold as is restaurant area. Breakfast was average. Location is not in a what I would describe as a smart area of Glasgow. Service and getting things done is hit or miss.
Not suitable for more that 2 or 3 nights stay.

Damned with faint praise

by TripAdvisor Member Tastydogs

Well lets be positive about this- the location (given its Glasgow!!) is great down by the Clyde in the city centre & the staff seemed very eager. Unfortunately very eager to tell me that I couldn’t have a cup of hot chocolate at 10.45pm in the bar (the machine was off) – was this really unreasonable?, and very eager to tell me that there was absolutely nothing to do on January 1st & 2nd as everything would be shut (they even phoned the Burrell Collection, without me asking, just to make sure). I have to say they were at least right about that!I liked the visible evening security in the evenings (New Year in Glasgow I needed to be sure things were under control where I stay).

My room was in good condition (quite loud heating) but it took ages to work out how the shower worked with hot water.

The breakfast buffet was, I am afraid not great. I don’t do cooked breakfast & the continental options were limited . Those who liked a cooked brekkie said it was a wee bit short of spectacular.

The key to this hotel for me is the price. I booked a discount rate over the web & at £60 per room B&B over Hogmaney I guess this was OK. The rack rate of £140 would have been way way off the scale.

Maybe I have been spoilt by the Jurys in Aberdeen – that was nice- but perhaps a star or 2 better off.

not impressed really

by TripAdvisor Member David Bristol

Staff on check-in seemed disinterested and bored. Room very small with noisy air conditioning/heating which had to be turned off entirely in order to get some sleep. Whole place feels slung together on a low budget, room had cracks in wall as did bathroom. bar closes at 1.30 - in a hotel???. didnt eat there so couldnt comment on the food. no better than a travel inn, in fact they have the same bathroom fittings. i'm not going to say how clean it was because it damn well should be anyway! several colleagues' rooms were wrong ie insufficient beds, wrong bed configuration, no towels etc. Asked to upgrade to seperate room to get some space, they wanted £80 for one night. another colleague was quoted £30 which she happily paid although i didnt find this out until the next morning. A vending machine was right outside my bedroom door which attracted its fair compliment of drunks throughout the night who insisted on making their chocolate preferences known at 100 plus decibels! rooms on the street side are noisy from traffic / drunks and the opposite side overlooks the largest railway station in scotland! A sign behind the reception desk proclaimed that their room rate was £120 a night. i would rather sleep in the car! book the 5 star SAS Raddison round the corner for less money on laterooms.com and enjoy a decent hotel with decent service. just another bland, thoughtless chain hotel.

Great location, friendly staff

Having stayed in the Jurys inn on jamaica street for a few nights last week, i must say i was very impressed with my stay. The check in and check out staff were extremely polite, cheerful and helpful and explained all the amenities of the hotel. We checked in as part of a larger group who booked through late rooms.com. However, there is no concierge but the staff at reception were only more than happy to advise us on a good restaurant and where the good nightlife in the city is as well as providing us with a free detailed map of Glasgow.
We all had rooms on the 10th floor. Mine was facing the street but it was not noisy perhaps because we were so far up from the road. Some of my colleagues windows faced a railway station but they said the triple glazing on the windows kept out all noise.
The rooms were relatively spacious and each room had both a double and single bed in them - which was good even although we only booked doulbe rooms - and the price was no different!
Breakfast was one of the highlights. The restaurant was a modern, contemporary setting and the food was hot and delicious with black pudding and other scottish foods which you dont get every day in Sussex!
We never ate in the restaurant because we enjoyed the food in the bar - typical bar meals in a friendly (irish) pub. The portious were large and tasty - especially the lasagne - it was delicious! The bar staff were good fun to be around and they are obviously well trained to make the best caffe moccas and hot chocolates!
Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel. It seemed to be quite new, extremely clean and the staff were excellent!
We had booked a large booking through late rooms and were given a large discount, however, if we had booked through the hotel itself, then this would be understandably more expensive.
We will be coming back to glasgow in march and we'll hopefully get booked back in to the jurys inn.
On another note, i have tried to find details of the jurys inn aberdeen as mentioned by another user of this web page, however, the jurys company tell me it doesnt exist? I think they'll be right!

Comments