Lodge on Loch Lomond

Route A82, Luss, G83 8PA, United Kingdom
Agoda.com TheHotels.com

More about Lodge on Loch Lomond

The new wing

We are just back from an overnight at Lodge on Loch Lomond. We have stayed several times before in the Corbetts rooms, but this time stay in the newly built Munro rooms. They are just lovely and with a perfect view of the loch. The bath runs itself, you set the temperature and how deep you would like it and it's done.
The leisure facilites are great and very clean.
We had dinner in the restaurant and we couldn't fault the food or the service. Breakfast was pretty good too.
All in all a perfect night which we would highly recommend.

Hotel poor, try elsewhere

I was dissapointed with this hotel.

In my 'Munros' room was one of those cards for your comments. On my 12th fault I ran out of space on the card.

Their web site uses old photos - it is missing the new wing and massive car park right in front of it.
In short dont beleive their web site!

Food is ok but resturant in dated rooms.... and I cant beleive they charge £5 for rolls to go with your meal... what a con.

Management must be poor as service is rubbish and staff dont care less.

Wont be returning here.... plenty of alternatives nearby.

Loved the lodge on the loch

I just wanted to add a quick note to all the staff and management at the Lodge on Loch Lomond to say thankyou for such a fantastic stay. I recently went there on my honeymoon, and found the food to be the best outside of top London resturants, the views from the rooms and the surrounding area breathtaking, and the room itself and facilities to be top class.

I would reccommend anybody visiting that part of the world to stay for a night or two at the Lodge on Loch Lomond.

Had a brilliant time

I had really great time there, so do not agree with some off the other reviews i have seen on this site. I realise that each to there own opinion. But I thought the hotel was fab, great food, excellent scenery, every single member of staff an absoulte delight and all so helpful. I cant stop raving about it to friends and family, i shall be recommending it all!! cant wait for my next trip there.

Perfect Stay at the Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member MARGREAT

First of all the location is ideal in a beautiful setting within 45 minutes of Glasgow city centre. The views from our room were of Loch Lomond with majestic Ben Lomond as a back-drop.
The room itself was of a very high standard complete with it's own sauna. No compromise was made at the cost of our comfort.
The evening meal was a great success due to the excellent food and a warm atmosphere and friendly staff. This high standard service was continued throughout our stay at the Lodge.
We were surprised to read some negative comments made on this site and can only think that it is impossible to please some people.

dont believe what you read

just got home today from a weekend at the Lodge, we cant believe some of the reviews we have read. i try to appreciate that people have their own opinions. personally we believe they are going about with their eyes shut, or expecting far too much for the little they are paying. the Lodge is a treat for myself and my husband as it isn.t cheap, but it doesnt charge top notch prices that these people think they are paying and expecting the earth for it.
we had our wedding there last June and were made to feel like the most special couple in the world, nothing was too much for the staff, the waitress (Sam) even decorated our cake. Carole, Diane and the rest of the staff catered for our every whim, and believe me, as a bride i had plenty. the wedding food was amazing and suited all our guests, it was not as extravagant as the restaurant food, but the quality and presentation was no less. we say try for yourself, then make up your own mind.

the best

We stayed in the munro suite and could not have been happier. Just seeing the sun rise from your bed would make the least romantic happy. I have worked for hotels for over 10 years now and can say I have never been in a better hotel. The value for money is second to none and I will never have food that good again. Thank you for making us so happy, continue in the good work and thank you!!!!

Great for a relaxing weekend

My girlfriend and I have been going to Lodge on Loch Lomond for a few years now when we're looking for a treat.

We think the hotel is great, particularly the new wing, and the restaurant food never disappoints. Staff are always friendly and the atmosphere is still intimate and cosy.

We were slightly disappointed the last time we stayed in the Corbett rooms, as we felt they were in need of an upgrade, and so we filled in a comments card to that effect. I am pleased the management take note of their customers' comments - they recently wrote to us to advise that they are in the process of refurbishing these rooms.

Our Favourite Place to Be

We stayed at the Lodge on the Loch hotel on Monday 13th March 2006 for the third time. We were just as excited as the first time we went. It was a welcome break although one night is never enough! We were hoping the snow would fall again and we would be snowed in! Its a wonderful place for a break and the scenery is breathtaking from the rooms. The food was excellent as usual and the breakfasts are out of this world. Hope to return later in the year because I want somewhere really special to celebrate my 40th birthday and I cant think of anywhere I'd rather spend it.

Lion at City ChambersLion at City Chambers

the oustanding Dragon i restaurantthe oustanding Dragon i restaurant

Buchannen StreetBuchannen Street

We eat here and drank tooWe eat here and drank too

Water

by tracyskf

Hi, is tap water in Glasgow OK to drink? Or we have to boil it first?
What is the practice? Buy water or boil water or drink from tap?
Thanks!

by tracyskf

Oh thanks... was just doing some last minute trip preparation
=)

by scotlandscotour

When eating out and asked what you would like to drink, you can disappoint the wait staff by saying water ... then see their faces fall further when you clarify you want tap water not bottled. The profit on bottled water and alcohols is a big part of the business, whilst most places do not charge for tap water.

Beware the distinction between bottled water and mineral water too. Mineral is of course special. Bottled can be tap water put into a bottle.

You wouldn't think we needed this stuff to survive, would you?

Malcolm

by Paisleypaul

Bottled water has to pass 16 different tests for purity before it can be sold.

In the UK, tap water has to pass more than 50 tests for purity. Not seen that statistic in any evian advert strangely enough !

by Craigellachie

Glasgow tap water tastes as good as bottled water.

London tap water does not taste as good, but it's perfectly safe.

Which is more than can be said for one well-known bottled brand.

Comments