181 Pitt Street, Glasgow, G2 4DT, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 66% more than other 3 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Not my favorite

There was nothing really wrong with this hotel, and it is well-located, but it didn’t leave me with any desire to go back. The furniture was modern, stark-white, and fairly cheap looking. The lobby was somewhat austere, and cold. The biggest problem, however, was that we needed two beds. The room was booked as such, but it had one bed, plus a sofa that made into a bed. I drew the hide-a-bed, and it was miserable, as the mattress wasn’t thick enough to avoid feeling the metal bars that ran across the springs.

If you do stay here because of its good location, be sure your room has the number of real beds you need.

Unique Quality: It does have a very good location

• Very reasonable for Glasgow

This hotel is right next door to the lower budget hotel "Hotel Ibis" which is also part of the Accor Group. It is a nice hotel situated in the City Centre of Glasgow. It has a small gym and steam room on the top level of the hotel. The meals are very good and are fairly reasonably priced i.e £4 - 8 for most things on the menu, they also do a buffet lunch Mon-Fri for £5 - which has starters, mains and deserts! Over all it is a very nice hotel !

Unique Quality: Gym, Steam room, Excellent for Food

Directions: City Centre of Glasgow, close to all pubs, clubs and shops!

More about Novotel Glasgow Centre

Great value, fab location

by TripAdvisor Member w62

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions but I have not yet reviewed it. It is a great hotel - lovely and bright and airy with large rooms, excellent foyer and bar area and very friendly staff. The breakfast choice is great and the quality good too. One of the best things is the location. It's in a quiet street (next to polict station so safe too) and so you don't have to suffer the noise associated with many of the hotels in the city centre. Yet Sauchiehall St is a minute walk so all your facilities are on the doorstep.

I would highly recommend it and we will definitely keep staying there when we visit Glasgow.

Good hotel, would stay there again

by TripAdvisor Member TartanTraveller2

I stayed at this hotel for business and really liked it.

The service was personal and courteous from everyone I came into contact with.

Room was clean, pleasant and comfortable and had everything I needed. It was a peaceful night's sleep and I got an alarm call and newspaper as requested. Room service also very efficient.

Breakfast was varied and very nice - couldn't fault it.

Only minor criticism would be the small lifts (they only fit four people with a little luggage) - one person had to wait for four lifts to go by as he had a large suitcase and there were already four people in with luggage.

I'd definitely stay here again - at £70 B&B it was good value for money too.

Excellent hotel - will stay there again without a doubt

by TripAdvisor Member Broadsword-Dannyboy

The hotel was very easy to find once we cut off the motorway at Charing Cross. Is located right next to Strathclyde Police Headquarters building. Fantastic location - literally 30 secs from Sauchiehall Street. The staff were very pleasant. The rooms were fabulous - looked although had recently been redecorated.

The hotel bar and lobby was also very nice - tastful decor and a pool table/sky tv for those interested. The bar was perhaps a little bit pricey however the rate I paid for B&B for my wife and I was very cheap and we were there for a treat hence we didn't mind slightly inflated bar prices.

Plenty of places to eat nearby - ignore some of the other reviews questionning the location and choice of food available.

Would definitely stay there again for future trips to Glasgow - in fact it would always be at the top of my list when you take into account value for money etc.

Fab service, will happily stay there again!

by TripAdvisor Member flyingirl80

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend visit and were very taken with this hotel.

The facilities are all fairly new and most importantly, the service was fantastic. We're stayed at higher starred hotels before and not gotten service anywhere near the level of professionalism you find here.

The breakfast had a good selection, was a good quality and well-stocked. The papers were conveniently placed outside the breakfast area. The bar prices were very reasonable.

I liked the location as it was 3 minutes from the main shopping area and close (walking distance) to really nice restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes. Also, although a fair distance from Central Station, it is on higher ground thus making the walk anywhere less streneous than if you stayed at one of the hotels by the river. We were there for the Degree Show and this was
the perfect hotel for it, being in a straight line, 2 blocks away from the School of Art!

If I had to split hairs to find fault with the hotel, I would say that the
bathroom has a lot of plastic, which can be a bit slippy and feels less luxurious. Also, they had plastic disposable cups in the bathroom instead of glass. They could have done with providing a complimentary bottle of water, even if it was a small one. I notice that Novotel rooms don't have mini-fridges in them which I guess goes to keeping their cost down, but which means you can't chill water in your room.

Overall the hotel (at weekend rates) presented us a very good value. It is versatile for business travellers, couples, families and single travellers. It come with both thumbs up from us.

Great place, just don't drive there!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerinPDX

We just returned from 2 weeks in the UK - in fact we flew out of Glasgow Airport about five hours before the crazies with the truck-bomb showed up.

Our experience once we reached the Novotel was excellent - our room was clean, modern, quiet, and had good beds and superior shower facilities (compared to some of the places we stayed in Britain). The staff were the friendliest, most helpful people you could want.

The problem was getting TO this particular Novotel. Actually, the root problem was our mistake of trying to drive in Glasgow at all. We arrived in town at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, and I'm sorry to say that we drove around for an hour and a half before we made it to the hotel. We were thwarted at every turn (literally!) by one-way streets, dead ends, no right turns, no left turns, randomly assigned street numbers, and streets with two names (Pitt turns into Scott, for example). Our tourist map did not indicate any one way or dead end streets. Gah! Add to that rush-hour traffic, loads of pedestrians, and narrow roads ... and you can imagine our stress levels.

I will go to Glasgow again and I will even stay at this Novotel. But next time I will take the train!

Good

by TripAdvisor Member Trumpton1

2 nights on Business

Nice hotel.

Clean and well furbished room.

Nice bar/restaurant area.

Good location for city centre.

Staff helpful.

Gym area was rather basic, only really aerobic machines.

Would stay again if I got a good deal.

Good central location

by TripAdvisor Member hamoli

We stayed here 5 & 6 July as we were in Glasgow to see the Rod Stewart concert which was excellent. The hotel is in a great central location literally 2mins from Sauchiehall Street and the main shopping drag. The hotel was clean, modern, airy and light. We were checked in easily and efficiently and took the lift up to the 3rd floor. The lift is designed to hold 8 people maximum but there were 2 of us plus a woman with a suitcase and a large bag and the lift was jam packed! We had requested a twin room and the room had a double bed and pull out sofa bed which had already been made up for us. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a drink at the hotel bar before the concert and the drinks were just normal hotel prices. I liked the little touch of having an ice machine with cups in the corridor on the 3rd floor and presume they were on every floor. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and varied and you could eat enough to keep you going until lunchtime at least. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

On business, this is my preffered hotel in Glasgow

by TripAdvisor Member Otis1888

I have to go regularly to Glasgow on business, and as Glasgow is my home town, I do already have a fair idea of what the best areas are, and what the better hotels are.

For business travellers like myself, this Novotel offers good, clean and fairly spacious accomodation in the city, and I would reccomend it, as the corporate rate will not burst your expenses.

Stayed here Long term

by TripAdvisor Member ArmaghArmagh

Stayed here for 9 months when working in Glasgow. Hotel is clean, great location and staff are friendly. Staff are mostly foreign students. Rooms are clean, spacious and well kept.

Comments