Park Inn Glasgow City Centre

2 Port Dundas Place, (formerly "Langs Hotel"), Glasgow, G2 3LD, United Kingdom

• Manara's Profile Photo

Modern and central

The hotel has been furnished and decorated in a modern style, which means there are some very good things, like a nice shower with jets for water massage. The other side of the medal is that hotel builders seem to love to play strange tricks with the lights. In this hotel for instance, I found that I could not turn off all the lights in the bathroom by using the same switch I had used to turn them on. I looked everywhere for the switch to turn off the light above the basin, but I could not find it. At the front desk they told me "it's beside the bed", but I could not find it. They immediately sent someone: the switch was found, not beside the bed, but in the centre of the bed-head, behind the pillows.
    So, thumbs down for the guy who placed the switch there, but thumbs up for the hotel staff.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location. It is close to pedestrianized Sauchiehall Street, to George Square, to Queen Street Station and to several good restaurants.

• Trendy but Dull

One of these trendy business hotels that the Malmaison chain has popularised. So you get a trendy room, bathroom with CD player and so on. The room I had overlooked the adjoining multi-storey where you park your car. It was all pretty soulless. Breakfast was buffet style and unremarkable. The hotel sets out to be different from the Holiday Inn’s and Marriott’s of this world, but it’s not, really.

Unique Quality: Nice open Scandanavian style fire in the restaurant.

Directions: City Centre, near Buchanan Bus Station

More about Park Inn Glasgow City Centre

fantastic

Stayed at Langs Hotel last weekend. One night was not enough. We enjoyed the many comforts of our suite and the bathroom was sheer luxury! We ate dinner in the Oshi restaurant which was delicious. Great staff and reception could not have been more helpful in helping find the most suitable room for our requirements. Cant wait to pay another visit.

Nice stay.

We have stayed at the Langs hotel for 4 nights in August 2003. It is located close to the Buchanan bus station, close to the marketplaces of Glasgow and it's a great looking big hotel. Our room was big and very nicely decorated, with many amenities. The breakfast was great at Langs and the whole atmosphere of the restaurant was classy. The staff wasn't very polite, no matter how good you speak english they will keep answering you with this heavy scottish accent without trying to help you understand. Frontdesk although not very busy wasn't very helpful as well. All in all we had a nice stay, in a big, classy hotel with indifferent employees. Management should understand that if this is not a hotel only for locals they should force its employess learn speaking clear english.

Great stay... great food... great location.

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Langs - our first visit and my wife Helen's birthday treat.

Firstly, if you are flying in to Glasgow, this hotel is in the perfect location. Walk out of the airport, hop on the bus and within 25 minutes you're in the hotel. The bus station is right next door. If you are there for shopping, you can pop back to drop your purchases off (leaving your hands free for more) as Langs is so central.

After reading various reviews complaining of the noise, we had booked a standard room at the rear of the hotel. The room was perfectly adequate, if a little small, but there was a problem with the bed - so we decided to ask for a change of room and after looking at various options decided to upgrade to a suite (as an extra treat for my wife's birthday!). Staff were very helpful and even speeded up cleaning of the rooms so that we had a choice....

Suites are very nice but at the front of the hotel and we braced ourselves for the excessive noise. Being absolutely honest I have to say that we were not bothered by the noise at all. Sure there was plenty of traffic but no worse than any other major city and I've stayed in noisier hotels.

We ate in both restaurants. On the first night we opted for the pre-theatre menu in Oshi. First impressions were that the menu was a bit limited but what there was was beautifully presented and delicious. A 3 course meal for £14.50 and I just loved the passion fruit pana cotta....

For my wife's birthday we'd booked a table at Las Brisas and were surprised to find that it was actually pretty quiet (midweek). I was also surpised to find that the ambiance wasn't as 'intimate' as I'd expected. The food however was superb and service excellent - very limited staff though due to lack of bookings. We also decided to go with the 'house red' as we had a promotional voucher for a freebie. This was excellent and saved us a few quid too! All in all very good and they even changed the music for us when we joked that it wasn't exactly romantic.

Next, Oshi Spa... we both had treatments in the spa and both found them to be excellent. Not exactly cheap but worth it for the pampering by skilled and knowledgable staff. Helen had a wonderful facial that she's still talking about!

Finally, the stay wasn't faultless and in fact a waitress spilled coffee on my wife's new top at breakfast. The top was rushed off to the dry cleaners by the hotel. When this failed to get the stain out, we were given our upgrade for free by way of compensation. So, not perfect but pretty good and we're looking forward to our next visit.

Such a friendly welcome

by TripAdvisor Member martinroundabout

Stayed here for 2 nights beginning on what's known as "Black Friday" in Glasgow- the Friday before Christmas when loads of Christmas parties take place, so understandably the hotel (and city)was very, very, very busy. Despite under pressure and having lots to deal with, the staff were so helpful and friendly and any requests were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

From a previous tripadvisor review I'd read that rooms at the front of the hotel could be noisy and so requested a room at the back of the hotel. A bit small but very comfortable and quiet - especially considering the busy night that was in it. Great shower and very comfortable bed. We had a lovely meal in Las Brisas (Oshi was booked with parties all weekend)- the food was excellent value and very tasty, even if the restaurant is a little lacking in atmosphere. Marvellous buffet breakfast in Oshi restaurant.

What I didn't realise from previous reviews was the hotel's excellent location its right in the heart of the city with shopping very close by, in fact John Lewis is just over the road! All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again. Glasgow is a great city and this is a great place to enjoy it.

Fab!

I have absolutely no complaints regarding this hotel! The standard of accommodation was excellent, the staff were very helpful and accommodating (Unlike another reviewer, we had no problems deciphering the 'accents'!?!), also unlike another couple of reviews, we didn't experience any noise problems. Breakfast was very good indeed, and after an exhausting shopping trip, the room-service meal was not only reasonably priced (especially for a city-centre hotel), but was also very generous. Book it!

Modern and great location

by TripAdvisor Member tinka14

I would say that Langs is modern but nothing extra special.We stayed in a room at the back, there was no noise, but not a great view out back, it's a car park! The beds are huge!!! and very comfy.All the room facilities are very nice..good powerful shower, nice biscuits with tea/coffee...our room door handle kept falling off but that was only a minor problem! The staff were all friendly and recommended places to eat out when asked.There was a huge choice for breakfast, but some of the cooked breakfast parts did taste a bit bland, particularly the scrambled eggs.The best thing about Langs is the location, it's very close to the bus station,it's actually next door.The train station is about a 7 minute walk away and it's about 3 minutes to the Buchanan Galleries shopping centre so yes, you can shop and drop! The only other minor point was that when I did do just that at about 2.30pm, the room hadn't been cleaned.I didn't mind when the housekeeper knocked on the door and asked if the maid could come in later and she came in and worked around me, but some people might do so bear that in mind.I thought the rooms were quite expensive compared to some hotels at £110 a night.

Jaw-droppingly good

by TripAdvisor Member theoriginalsid

Langs ought to warn you to clench your teeth or to provide oxygen supplies. When we entered our room my jaw hit the floor and it took our breath away. We had a massive room, with one of the biggest beds I've ever seen, lovely decor, huge bathroom and totally cool shower (more of which later) as well as a two-person bath. Loved the sitting room area and the little portable tv attached to the corner of the bed.

Staff were very helpful, even willing to go out onto the street and hail us a cab after the one we'd booked failed to materialise. Room service in the evening was reasonably priced, the person taking the order was very efficient and it came very promptly. RS breakfast was delivered on the dot and was also excellent.

One gripe -- the hot water failed (in the whole hotel) on the Monday morning meaning we had to leave unshowered. We did hear a bit of street noise (we were there on a Sunday night after the CIS cup final won by Rangers) but no more than any other city centre hotel. And they do provide earplugs.

And given the very reasonable rate we were charged this place was even more amazing. I'd never stay anywhere else in Glasgow and Langs has raised my benchmark for other hotels in the UK

Comments