Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre

377 Argyle St, Strathclyde, Glasgow, G2 8LL, United Kingdom

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St
Booking.com PremierInn.com AMOMA.com

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• best budget hotel in glasgow

Stayed in the Corus in jan 2005 for 2nghts.Booked it with Hotels.Com.Got the train in from prestwick to central station and i have to say the hotel couldnt have been more central.Literally 2 mins walk from the station.Had a room with 2 single beds and it was spotless,had tea/coffe making facilities(which was a godsend)iron,hairdyer,tv.Bathroom spotless,well stocked.For breakfast you paid a set price,it was a buffet style and you could eat all you want.They had a restaurant which i didnt try but my friend did on another occasion and she said it was very good.My son wanted to see a film on the pay per view,but he fell asleep.When i tol receptionist on checking out that he didnt watch it,she refunded the money without me even asking.The reception staff themselves were very helpful,answered all ny queries,made phone calls for me,etc.The hop on/off tour bus pick up point was a min walk away and on returning dropped us at our own hotel.Would recommend it to anyone,be it family,business or pleasure.Oh yes the best part was that it only cost me 113euro for 2 nghts total.A great find and i will certainly use it again.

Directions: 2 mins walk from central station

More about Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre

a good choice

stayed in the corus in jan with my son. hotel was 5 min walk from central station, which was great as we had just got off the train from prestwick. I have to say i found no fault with the hotel. Room was spotless and had everything, hairdryer, trouser press, facillities for tea and coffee making which was great aft travelling. Staff where very helpful, advised me where to go, what to do and made phone calls for me. Breakfast was a set price, cnt remember the price, but it was good and you could eat as much as you wanted. Didnt try the restaurant but my friend did at a later date and said it was fab. The twin room for 2 nghts at the weekend only cost me 113euro total which i thought was extremely reasonable. I would definitley stay theyre again without a doubt.

Stay somewhere else

The biggest problem was the traffic noise that lasted all night, and it was not helped by the fact that the secondary double glazing seemed entirely ineffective. The bed was uncomfortable, and I got close to zero sleep. The food was not up to scratch (when you order buffalo mozzarella and beef tomatoes you don't expect ordinaly mozzarella and plum tomatoes). Since the dining room was deserted for dinner, it was a surprise to see so many people at breakfast. Obviously some people travel with ear plugs, and learn to eat out! We had arranged a lunch for twenty people ... the food was adequate but uninspiring, and was served by amateurs. The reception staff were unaware that broadband connection was possible, and we had to wave their own leaflet under their noses to find out where the "hot-spots" were. So, not only stay somewhere else, but take your business function somewhere else too.

very basic!

Had already booked before reading accounts on trip advisor! Hotel looked gloomy upon arrival, which wasnt a good sign. Had booked a double room through Expedia, but the room we were offered had a very small double bed (more queen size). Room was tiny and smelled of urine. Asked to be moved, and the only other room available was a twin room, not ideal! Very noisy hotel and peering through grey net curtains out over a taxi rank was not my idea of a nice view. Hotel itself was in ok condition, staff not that helpful though. If youre going for one night its good value, but arrive early, otherwise you may get left with the worst room, and no opportunity to change (as was almost my case)

cheap noisy and in need of renovation but great breakfast

I can tell you exactly what this hotel is like as I have stayed here on several occasions. In general the rooms are small and the bathroom is much the same. The beds are always clean but the interior design is basic. If you get a room that is roadside you would need to have taken a drink the night before to sleep through the noise. I must say they do an excellent buffet breakfast and it is a great location. My advise is to pay no more that 50 pounds for this hotel if you want to stay as that is all it is worth as the whole hotel needs renovating.

Take my word for it!

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member NIRS3

I stayed here with my wife and three other couples. Excellent hotel for the price and location. The hotel is centrally located in Argyle Street not far from the top rated SAS Raddisson but at half the price.(We paid £116 for two nights for a double room /bed and breakfast. Contrary to other reports we felt the rooms had been refurbished and were very clean and well laid out, if a little small.

We asked for a room at the side which was reasonably quiet for a city centre hotel

Breakfasts were as good as any medium priced hotel I have stayed in although it is buffet service and there seemed to be no fried eggs(probably good for my health!) Selection was more than adequate and haggis was also on the menu!

Staff were very helpful and allowed us to leave our bags on our last day whilst we explored the Burrell collection and Pollock House

Convenient Walk - City Center

by TripAdvisor Member rhut01

This hotel was clean and resonable price. It was also a short walk from the train station and the city center. The front desk staff was always helpful with information. The shower was good, bed ok. Room size was fine for U.K. Funny thing though, the radiator was behind the curtain, under the window, so to get any heat in the room you had to pull bad the curtain. We stayed for 4 nights with no problems. Extra towels were in the drawers in the desk. Each bed had two pillows.
We would use this hotel again, as the price left us budget money to see more sights.

Could Do Better!

by TripAdvisor Member starbusuk

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night in May 2006. The hotel looks kinda drab from the outside but when you enter, the reception area is quite nice, with a small coffee shop next to it. Check-in was quick and efficient. One of the 2 lifts was out of order and the other was so slow, you'd be quicker walking up the stairs.

The rooms are small, and I mean tiny! If you take your cat with you when you stay here, don't expect to be able to swing it! The rooms are very nicely decorated though. Its about time they employed the services of a window cleaner though, because the windows in the room were filthy, barely able to see out. The bathroom smelt badly of dampness.

Even though it was a hot sunny day when we arrived, the room had a chill in it and the heating was off. On phoning reception, we were told that people had complained that the hotel was too hot so they'd turned off the heating system, but that she would have the heating switched back on for a little while. We are still waiting though!! In the morning the room was very cold and we had to use the hair-dryer to warm it up a little for coming out the shower.

The bed was comfortable and we slept well with no excessive traffic noise.

Breakfast was nice but the self-service toaster in the buffet area was not working and so we could'nt have a slice of toast. On asking the waiter if they could make us some, we were told no. It would only have taken 2 minutes for the chefs to throw a couple of slices of bread under a grill. Not good!

Plus points are the location and the bar & restaurant. Its only a short walk along to Central Station and the Argyle Street shops. The bar is spacious and comfortable and the resaurant is a lovely, modern area.

All in, I was'nt impresed with this hotel and I won't be back, theres much nicer hotels nearby, ie the Holiday Inn, SAS Radisson and the City Inn.

Not be back

Let me start with the good points, although there were few- the bed was comfy and clean and the room was quiet.

Now for the bad- the toilet was leaking, the tv didn't work, the phone didn't work, the heating didn't work and the room was cold. I have only just found out after reading other reviews that the hotel has shut off the whole heating system (a money saving measure?)

The area directly surrounding the hotel was rundown also the decor was quite shabby. The whole hotel needed refurbished and it wasn't quite as central as I had thought.

All in all you could get a much nicer hotel in a better location for the same amount of money. Anyone who considers this hotel to be good value for money cant have stayed in many Glasgow hotels. Had I been booked in for more than one night I would have cancelled and gone somewhere else. I won't be back.

Comments