Radisson SAS Hotel Glasgow

Booking.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Manara's Profile Photo

Service with a smile

I think it's a good test for a hotel to stay there for several days in a row, especially at a time when it is full. I must say that the Radisson passed this test extremely well. The staff were always prompt and kind, and able to help with requests of all types.
    The other quality is the architecture of the hotel, especially the interiors. Probably it is due to the choice of colours, or maybe to the materials ... in any case, the architect Matteo Thun managed to make them practical and modern, but also warm and welcoming at the same time.

Unique Quality: The restaurant of this hotel is one of the best in town, and believe me, in Glasgow there are many good competitors.

Directions: Close to the Central Station

• iaint's Profile Photo

Stylish

Great public areas. Rooms very well decorated and comfortable. Location close to Central Station, but not the nicest part of town.

Last time I tried to book, their website was offering a discount for stag parties! If that's their market, I'm not part of it!

Unique Quality: Stag parties I suppose..

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

A wonderful hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

The hotel has two good restaurants and a rather good lobby bar!

The hotel has a link with the LA Fitness Centre, which is located next door; hotel guests get free admission to the gym, swimming pool and sauna.

I have had several stays - both business and pleasure. I even attended a formal dinner dance there and found the function suite's catering to be second to none.

Unique Quality: Located in the city centre; it is next to Glasgow Central Station but not unduly noisy.

Directions: Next door to Glasgow Central Railway Station

More about Radisson SAS Hotel Glasgow

Classy, central and convenient

by globetrotter12345 about Radisson Sas Hotel Glasgow

After the trusted TomTom led us to the entrance, we experienced our first- and last- problem with this hotel: there was no on-site parking. After a quick discussion with the concierge, we parked in the nearby NCP. (It should be mentioned that the hotel refunded a percentage of this parking fee.)
Things did, however, get better. Our rooms were clean and stylish, with large bathrooms and lots of space. The huge windows in our room illuminated the room beautifully. We ate at the cool little cafe with a fantastic outlook onto the streets of Glasgow; the service and food were both excellent. The menu could perhaps have a little more choice, though...
As for breakfast, the Radisson was simply outstanding. The choice was unbeatable: everyone was well catered for. Again, the service was good.
Unfortunately the pool was closed when we stayed, yet the list of services given in the hotel guide was comprehensive.
Overall, a very pleasant stay. Perhaps the Radisson SAS is not suitable for families as the food available was rather limited for children. Otherwise, the ideal accomodation for a short break in Glasgow. The architecture of the hotel is quite stunning. Although it is almost seven years old, the decor is still spectacular and the artwork, too, is fascinating. The location of the hotel is also desirable; a short stroll away from the Tube station and just along from the haven that is Argyle Street's shops.

Don't think twice, just book

by TripAdvisor Member Scot_Wha's_Away

Why isn't every hotel like this? From check-in to late check-out, an absolute joy. The room was terrific, big and oozing style in decor and furniture. But that was the least of it. I asked at check-in when breakfast was on a Sunday. Normally until 11, I was told, but we're thinking of extending it. Sure enough, next time we passed reception the sign was there: "Stay in bed! Breakfast extended to 1pm". Our flight was at 4.30, so any chance of leaving late? No problem - the room was extended till 2. The breakfast itself was positively gourmet: every style, well cooked and presented. Most big hotels have a bowl of fruit salad on offer: the Radisson also has a homemade compote of fruit. Let's just say that this mixed with their granola and natural yoghurt was way ahead of cornflakes as a starter. The host, like every staff member we encountered, actually seemed to care that we were happy and being properly looked after; this while maintaining an air of easy-going informality. All this on a weekend package of GBP 99 ($182) including taxes and breakfast for two. Glasgow these days is a stylish and fun-loving town. In creating this hotel, Radisson SAS have caught the mood exactly. Don't think twice: there are very few hotels in the world where you will get service like this.

Worth every penny

I booked here for my girlfriend and I and was a little wary of spending so much money considering I was only coming over from Edinburgh for a couple of nights. But I would recommend, nay force, you to scrimp, save and borrow to find the money to stay here. It was perfect.

The rooms were decorated tastefully in a light, modern style with all that you could need tucked away in the new furniture. The bathroom was excellent too. I very much enjoyed wearing my complementary shower hat in the bath listening to the television through speakers somewhere in the bathroom.

After this rest, step out the door and onto the lively streets of Glasgow for a good night out, come back to the bar after all the pubs are shut and chat away to the bar staff, as we did, trying to convince them to keep the bar open for just a little bit longer.

Don't worry about being hungover either, as the breakfast will soon sort you out. This is a breakfast that I still have dreams about. I can't wait to go back as soon as I get another excuse to book a room in a city so close to where I live.

Then back up to your room for the best sleep you'll ever have in a very quiet room ready to do it all again a little bit later.

All in all, a great hotel. Book it now.

what a pleasure, what a hotel!

I was looking for a good place to stay on a business visit to Glasgow for a recent conference and on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews I decided to try the Radisson SAS and really was prepared for a disappointment thinking nothing could be that good. I must say that the hotel deserves every good comment that it has received on this website and more, much more.

The place frankly is amazing and stunning from the second you're dropped off in the taxi from the airport and pass through the doors. What an entrance, I've never seen anything like it in a hotel even in Paris or New York. The rooms which look out over the nearby station at night are excellent and the service first rate. Sorry to sound boring but everything printed below rings true, I loved it and so did my husband. Why are'nt all hotels designed and run like this indeed?

Fantastic!!!!

Well what can I say? This hotel if fantastic!!!!! Has everything you need and want and is beautiful! The rooms are well decorated and very stylish. The breakfast is beautiful amd you get loads for the money. Ours was included in our price which was 99 GBP for one night for the two of us. So £50 each inc breakfast was brilliant as the breakfast alone is £15 each if your on a room only basis. My boyfriend and I had a very romantic weekend here. You can hit the pubs and clubs which are minuites away and then come back and enjoy the luxurious room with your partner! This hotel is well worth the visit and is worth every penny. So dont just sit here reading this go and BOOK IT!

Deserves Every Great Review!

by TripAdvisor Member amh3855

Only stayed here for 1 night as I was flying back to the States from Glasgow but would highly recommend staying at this hotel. My room was very comfortably decorated and a great bed. Although I really didn't have a view, the hotel has colored lights flooding thru the abandoned building next door and gravel on roof which was pretty cool and a nice change from a typical downtown hotel. Had dinner at the hotel and while it was a little slow (I'm sure due to it being a Monday night and very little traffic) the food was excellent and the staff very pleasant. One thing to be aware of if driving is that there is a spot in front of the hotel for loading and unloading but there is a bus stop sign right by it which was a little confusing. I drove around the block 3 times before I just parked illegally around the corner. The bell staff was great and went out got all my luggage and parked the car for me. All I had to do was check in and they brought keys and luggage up within 5 minutes. Also, they do have in-room safes and I locked my jewelry in it that evening and then completely forgot about it. I didn't realize until I got back home a day and a half later. I called the hotel very upset thinking that it would be gone and I was out of luck. The staff called me back shortly and let me know that they had my jewelry and shipped it back to me. The management of this hotel should be commended for having an excellent hotel with a superb staff to match. The Radisson lives up to all of the great recommendations on this site.

Comments