The Westerwood Hotel

More about The Westerwood Hotel

Loved the suite?

by TripAdvisor Member bigmrguk

Hi ,
my wife and i recently stayed at the Westerwood hotel
for a night. I must say ,we were very impressed regarding the
general condition of the hotel. The decor was bright and the place was very clean. We stayed in a suite and it was faboulous, from the queen sized bed to the 42inch lcd tv in the bedroom as well as the stunning views over the golf course. The staff were very friendly, and we would certainly come back to the hotel again.

rest and relaxation at the westerwood

by TripAdvisor Member shawz

Myself and two friends stayed at the westerwood on a spa weekend on the weekend of the 8th. We loved everything about this hotel, right from the minute I phoned to book this weekend they could not have been more helpful, we thought we might have to cancel and move it forward which was no problem to them, cannot insist how good they were in this matter. However our weekend went ahead and the spa was so so good, just make sure you book treatments well in advance as they are extremely busy but so worth not missing out on, the girls are the best in the business and the rooms tastefully done, with the relaxing sensor room a bonus.
The gym has enough equipment and is never over busy, as is the pool and sauna/steam rooms, plenty changing rooms provided. As it is newly refurbished it is in excellent condition.

The whole hotel is extremely clean, our room was spacious with a good size ensuite with bath and separate cubicle with power shower, bathrobes and slippers provided.
The dinner was first rate, breakfast ok, but having to wait on the second morning for some of the hot buffet was a bit disappointing but only a minor fault on the scale of things.
We got an amazing deal booking through the spa on a spa break and have definately decided to return in fact cannot wait.

Would I go back?

by TripAdvisor Member CannyScotEdinburgh

The hotel is modern and positioned on a hillside. From the front you have a fair view although the motorway is a short distance below. From the back, depending on the room, you might have a good view over the golf course.
We booked a "QLuxury Break" through LateRooms.com and got a better price than that offered through the hotel website. The deal was - "2 nights at the Westerwood Hotel including full Scottish breakfast & 3 course table d\'hote dinner in the Old Masters Restaurant on both nights.Bathrobes, slippers and a bottle of chilled champagne will be waiting in your room on arrival at the Hotel" This description is a bit dated as the restaurant has changed its name but everything was as stated.
On arrival at the hotel, the receptionist was very welcoming. The room was clean, modern and comfortable. The leisure club was just like any other hotel leisure club. The restaurant turned out to be quite cool and draughty. We asked to move tables but that was just the same. Admittedly it was winter but still, you wouldn't expect it to be draughty. Take a jumper / cardigan if visiting in cold weather. The food was reasonable but nothing to get excited about.
Check-out was quite slow. There was a big function on the night before so I think everyone must have decided to check-out at the same time. As there were only two staff on the desk, I had a 20 minute wait.
Overall, the hotel was alright but nothing startling. Would I go back? Probably not but don't let me put you off as I don't usually go back to many hotels unless they are special in some way. Just remember to wrap up warm for dinner.

Loved it all!

by TripAdvisor Member maythorne

This was our third stay at The Westerwood and we were very happy with the whole experience.
Our room over-looked the golf course; it was clean, spacious, modern ... everything you could ask for. The staff were professional and friendly ... in fact, I didn't want to leave!
The purpose of our stay was to attend a 50th birthday party (being held at the hotel) and that was managed very well.
The food was great, all contributing to a great 4 day weekend.

Absolutely beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member PAUL0151

What an odd place to find such an amazing hotel!

I stayed at the Westerwood for 3 nights in March while in the area on business & would recommend it to anyone. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are fabulous & the staff were just fantastic.

The only negative point was that I felt that the pool area required a little updating & was rather small. Other than that the only downside was having to leave!

Excellent Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelier101

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on Leisure, first time visiting Scotland and had a enjoyable time!
The hotel has a strange layout, very modern feel. Lovely fire in the lobby area, everything had a nice feel to it.
Room was lovely paid a bit more for a Deluxe room, this was worth the money overlooking the golf course, nice bathrobes in the room,
The pool area was very nice, plenty of space for children to swim if you had any.
The pool does get very busy during peak times from external members, but it's not an issue if your staying there as you just avoid these times.
Dinner was very nice in the Fleming's restaurant, very nice atmosphere, tad expensive for what you get.
We also ate in the Club bar, which in my opinion was better than the main Restaurant really nice to sit and have a drink with the comfy chairs and then have a nice meal! However, it does have a slight smell of Chlorine as it was very close to Reflections.
Staff were very friendly throughout, in particular Reception and Concierge.
I would definetly reccommend this hotel, and if ever in Scotland again I would return.

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Derekh1

Staff was helpful on arrival , and room all ready for us and kids and modern clean and tidy, Excellent leisure facilities, and all staff helpful and friendly, view from room good and easy to get to of motor way, and was only 15min to glasgow shopping juction 16 when trafic light. The breakfast was good and would go again any time with the family.

Fantastic - Definitely going back!

by TripAdvisor Member Dolci00

I can not praise this hotel enough. Rooms are huge, spotlessly clean and have amazing views. Leisure facilities are brilliant - pool is one of the largest I have seen in a hotel and the gym has some of the latest equipment. Staff are exceptionally helpful - always on hand if you have any questions and always with a smile. The food in the restaurant is amazing - try the hot chocolate fondant if you are not too late, it takes 15 minutes but it is definitely worth the wait. I personally do not play golf but the course looked in good condition and was right next door to the hotel. Check in and check out was also fast and efficient. I stayed at this hotel on business but I will be going back for a leisure trip. Stay at this hotel and you will not be disappointed.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fussytraveller1

We stayed on a quiet Sunday night and found this hotel to be extremely satisfactory.

Our room overlooked the golf course and was spacious, clean and well appointed. Bathrobes in room were a lovely touch.

Dinner was served in the main restaurant and was exceptionally well presented. Menu had great choice with many locally sourced dishes. We were well looked after and service was slick and courteous. All in all, a great dining experience.

Hotel has benefitted from extensive refurbishment since my husband last stayed here - it's stunning with excellent decor and very unusual artwork.

Well worth a visit - golf is a particular attraction at very reasonable rates.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Musicboss

Couldn't fault our recent stay. Room extremely comfortable and well appointed. Bathroom spotless, with excellent shower.
Breakfast was also very good. All the staff were friendly, polite and efficient. Leisure facilities are some of the best encountered in recent hotel stays and like the other areas of the hotel - very clean and well looked after.
MUCH better than a Glasgow city centre hotel stay - only 15/20 mins into the city centre.
Highly recommended

City ChambersCity Chambers

China Blue accotding to the blinds!China Blue accotding to the blinds!

Scottish Night Club New Years 2007Scottish Night Club New Years 2007

RockandrollRockandroll

Safe hotel for one night before flight

by kiminatl

In early July I'll be arriving in Glasgow by train (from either Edinburgh or London--haven't set the details yet). I plan to spend the afternoon sightseeing, stay overnight, and leave on an early morning flight at Glasgow airport.
Traveling alone in an unfamiliar city, safety and location are most important in my hotel search, but I'm hoping to pay under 60 Pounds. I've heard buses run from St. George's Square to the airport every 15-20 minutes. Is this area relatively safe? And is the bus a good option?
Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you!

by ghosthunter

Hi Kim, How about Travelodge. Prices start at £26 if you book early ( that rate is currently available on July 8th at Glasgow Central ) & in my opinion are great value for money. www.travelodge.co.uk for more details. Glasgow Airport also has it's own Travelodge. Ignore what has been said about Glasgow in the past. It's now a safe, modern & very beautiful city. Darren.

by scattyc

I have taken that bus and its very easy, fairly quick and a great service. I would stay in Glasgow itself as opposed to the airport then you can drop of your stuff and go sightseeing! Cathedral House Hotel is lovely and they have a website so just google it!

by kiminatl

I see that the Travelodge is on Hill Street. I'm concerned about how I would get myself and my luggage off to the airport in the morning. Do you know the best way to do so?

by kiminatl

The Cathedral House looks fabulous, but I worry that all that character comes at a price. I'll have to inquire about rates for a single...
Thanks!

by ghosthunter

You can get a train from central station to the airport. As you will see from the Travelodge page it's 1.5 miles from central station. Taxi would therefore be cheap enough. Not sure of cost of train to airport but it would not be too expensive.

by stevencelt

best way to get to glasgow airport would be to just jump in a black cab they have set fares of around 20 pounds be so much easier and im sure your travel lodge would book one for you , and dont be afraid to wander around glasgow you will be fine just get yourself into as many pubs as you can handle and get yourself a wee haggis supper from a fish n chip shop yummy lololol

by Dougy

Hi,
There are no trains to Glasgow airport. The train only takes you as far as paisley and then you have to get a bus. There are trains from glasgow central to Prestwick airport.

Taxi might be the easiest way if you have a lot of luggage.

Doug

by khazars

you can get a bus from Buchanan bus station which isn't far from Queen st train station and buchanan St underground station!

See the link below.