Howard Park

136 Glasgow Road, Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock, United K

More about Kilmarnock

Burns Monument Centre, Kay Park, KilmarnockBurns Monument Centre, Kay Park, Kilmarnock

The Laigh Kirk (laigh West High)The Laigh Kirk (laigh West High)

beach & Arran in backgroundbeach & Arran in background

1st floor gallery1st floor gallery

Travel Tips for Kilmarnock

Dean Park, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, Scotland

by shakeitbaby

This has got to be Scotland's best kept secret. I have only just found out about it, despite being born and brought 40 min drive up the road and for the last 6 months I have been 5 minutes round the corner.

There is something here for every one. The 15th century castle is absolutely stunning and sits in beautifully kept gardens. I have not yet had the chance to go inside the castle as I had my dog with me. On the website you can take a panorama tour and I will be back soon.

There are also miles of walking along by the river and through mature broad-leaf forests. Pick up a free map so you don't get lost!

For the kids, there is a playground along with donkeys, pygmy goats and an aviary

The park is conveniently located for Prestwick airport and is not too far from the better known Culzean Castle, Maybole, S. Ayrshire.

Definitely recommended and as a bonus, entry is FREE!

A sentimesntal wisit to Kilmarnock

by benazer

"My first time there."

when I come out of Glasgow airport,I was very surprised to learn Kilmarnock was on the way to Glasgow city itself.
This was my opportunity to see this city,what a piece of luck.
Arrived there just after 9 am and took this picture.

"A neat and interesting city this.."

Decided to have my breakfast then,after I found a nice cake shop in the centre,I ordered a coffee and 2 cakes and sat outside the shop enjoying my breakfast and watching the life go by....

Comments