Ashtree House

DAO's Profile Photo

PURE PEACE

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 20, 2014

I first walked past Ashtree House in 2006 when I was exploring some of the quieter and more beautiful parts of Paisley. It has never changed. Ashtree House is actually 2 large townhouses built during the Georgian Regency Period (1714 to 1837). It is set on a small hill in the Paisley Town Centre Conservation Area. It has nice views over the city of Paisley, yet remains in a tranquil oasis just a short walk to everything the city has to offer. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and you definitely get a personalised service here. I was even offered the loan of an umbrella on a wet day. With only 14 bedrooms, you have an intimate and pleasant experience here. You can even arrange for an evening meal to be served if you wish to stay in the hotel grounds.

My room, or better yet rooms, were wonderful. I was given the key for ‘room 7’ and found it’s actually 2 almost separate bedrooms. My first bedroom even had an original fireplace with a window overlooking the small immaculate garden to the rear. Bedroom 2 gave me views across all of Paisley. My bathroom contained a nice shower and sunken tub. I can assure you that I did have a very nice soak with my excellent toiletries. I also had plenty of closet space and there was a nice coffee/tea tray for me to wake up to in the morning.

My stay? Wonderful. I slept in a very comfortable bed in absolute silence. That is the best part. The second best part? I was able to walk to some lovely pubs and dine in a very nice restaurant just a short walk from this beautiful hotel.

I highly recommend Ashtree House.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• Beautiful Georgian architecture with 14 unique rooms
• Large garden to sit or have a drink in or even a BBQ
• Intimate drinks and meals in The Drawing Room Bar and Café
• Quiet
• Non-smoking
• Less than 10 minutes’ walk from the train station
• Ironing facilities
• Business Facilities (desk, Fax, meeting rooms, photocopy/print, Wi-Fi)
• FREE parking on-site
• 2 miles from Glasgow International Airport

ROOMS:
• All are en-suite
• All individually decorated
• Alarm clock, desk/lamp, DVD player, Freeview, hairdryer
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Wireless internet connection
• Some rooms have a king size bed and a fireplace
• Lovely beds and mattresses with Egyptian cotton sheets

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paisley Travel Forum

Need advice about Paisley, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Paisley and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paisley hotel reviews