6-8 Ardayre Rd, Ayrshire, KA9 1QN,, Prestwick, KA9 1QN, United Kingdom

Travel Tips for Prestwick

A place called home

by TravellingSpirit

"Where is it?"

Someone said to me today that they hadn't realised that Prestwick is in Scotland (which is in the UK) so I decided to get something put here to tell you about the place I live in.

Prestwick lies to the West of Glasgow, about one third of the way up Scotland's west coast. It is a sea-side town and has views across to the Isle of Arran. I live about a mile from the beach and spend some time most days wandering along that beach. I love it.

Prestwick is a very easy town to get to and to leave. There is a small airport here, but it is possible to get flights from here to most of the western European countries. If we want to travel further then we are only 30 miles away from Glasgow where there is another airport from where we can catch planes to most places. There is a train from Prestwick to Glasgow each half hour.

Prestwick itself is quite a quiet town, and doesn't have many things here to do and see (except from the beach which is it's best point, in my opinion). It does have a swimming pool and a bowling centre and a youth centre where there are regular musical events. We are about 4 miles from Ayr where there is a cinema, theatre, and good places to eat. The ice rink in Prestwick used to be the home for the Scottish Eagles, the national ice hockey team, until about three years ago. I'm not one for watching sports, but watching ice hockey matches was a lot of fun. There is talk that the team may come back to Prestwick, but I'm not sure how real this is.

There was the most amazing moon when I was at the beach this evening (though it did look better in real life).

Comments