West Moulin Road, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, PH16 5EA, United Kingdom

Booking.com Priceline.com

• jag17's Profile Photo

Great Night's Sleep

I was very pleased with my stay at the Wellwood House. The interior is very warm and welcoming, and the hotel has a great location to downtown Pitlochry. A pleasant lounge area is available downstairs with an honor bar. A great place to rest with a glass of wine, and chat with the other guests. The rooms were a little tight on space, but very clean and nicely decorated. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Unique Quality: We loved the honor bar in the lounge area.

More about Wellwood House

Warm Friendly Hideaway

by TripAdvisor Member VSNEngland

We have just returned from a true scottish stay at Pitlochry, and Jim and Maggie really added to making our stay so lovely. Wellwood house is in an excellent location, it was a 5min walk from the local town, walks and features. Wellwood guest house was very clean, warm and comfortable. Our room was very cosy, well kept and had everything we needed. The breakfast was again very good, well cooked, variety of choice and always served with a friendly face. The open fire and 'honesty bar' in the lounge really added to the chilled out mood of our whole stay.

Superb place to stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member VictoriaSGravesend

Returned from winter break at Wellwood House.
The place is fantastic! Great hospitality, the room was cosy and spotlesly clean with a great mountain view! This beautifuly restored mansion was a perfect choice and great value for money.
The extensive choice of breakfast including a taste of scotish speciality haggis, was delicious.
We will come again! We would definitely reccomend it!

Home from Home!

by TripAdvisor Member JUILAEdinburgh

Maggie and Jim's generous hospitality and attention to detail is second to none. This place is a little gem! Myself and several colleagues spent the night at this wonderful guesthhouse and enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work!

Discovered this Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Trishannnc

Pitlochry was not a planned stop on our trip through Scotland but we found ourselves there mid-afternoon and decided to stay. Imagine our delight in finding this gem! Recommended first by a B&B that was closed for refurbishing and then, by the local TI office. The town itself is a Victorian dream village and the Wellwood is ideally located. Owners Jim and Maggie plotted our walks, gave shopping and dining ideas, and entertained us with delightful stories. (If the weather keeps you inside just corner Jim in the parlor for lively conversation!) The mansion has been exquisitly restored. Thick carved wood moldings, arches and towering ceilings are a real treat for Americans unaccustomed to Victorian manses. Our room was quite comfortable with chairs to sit and read, good bedding and a coffee/tea service. Lots of light through the enormous windows. Clean and fresh bathroom with amenities. We enjoyed drinks in the honors bar parlor (complete with fireplace) but be sure to walk or drive up the hill to the 300 + year old pub at Moulin!

New Year in Pitlochry

by TripAdvisor Member ShelaghM

We had a great New Year in Pitlochry thanks to the hospitality of Jim & Maggie at the Wellwood House Hotel. Despite being a large party, they looked after us admirably, looking after the sick, soaking wet and even our friend Mr Nuisance!

We danced till the wee hours in the lovely lounge and enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast the next day with 2 baby deers walking past the window.

Highly recommended and look forward to going back!

Shelagh McComiskey

Best Hotel Ever

by TripAdvisor Member gwendolynS

My husband and i have just had the most wonderfull New Year staying at WELLWOOD MANOR HOUSE, Maggi andJim Tyrrell made us so welcome , nothing was too much trouble for them , they really cared.
The rooms were very clean and beautifully furnished with all the little extras to make it just perfect.
the food was delicous and very well presented along with the chef's own brand of humour which made a very friendly and happy atmosphere in the dining room helping us guests to get to know each other.Maggi's touch was everywhere in all of the details for the comfort and convenience of the guests.
The location could not be better - so central for everything, Jim was the ideal "trip advisor" with a mine of information on where to go and what to do, on his recommendation we had a lovely drive around the local lochs which were so beautifull.
A really memorable stay , we will definately recommend WELLWOOD MANOR HOUSE to all of our friends not only here in spain but also in the uk and usa.

Best weekend ever.

by TripAdvisor Member PapaDScotland

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at Wellwood House. We have been several times for a short break and each time has been more enjoyable than the last. We just love the smell of the wood fire,it is so welcoming. Maggi and Jim's hospitality is second to none and their attention to detail is outstanding- fresh flowers on the breakfast table in January! Room one was the ultimate in warmth and comfort;the extra large bath was a joy. We always have a great night's sleep thanks to the peaceful relaxing atmosphere. Looking forward to our next R&R break at Wellwood house.

Perfect Hosts and a wonderful building location

by TripAdvisor Member KarenSmyth

This review is well overdue but better late than never!....... After visiting Pitlochry on a few occasions and having had the pleasure to stay in a number of great properties we decided to avail of all that this quaint, friendly, beautiful village has to offer and get married there.

Due to the size of the Wedding Party we needed to avail of a larger property for the main group but being quite traditional I wanted to spend the last night of my single life apart from my Partner. As I had stayed in the Wellwood before I choose this for my family and close friends and I couldn't have made a better decision.

The location of the B&B is perfect as it's just a couple of minutes walk to the main street. The rooms are extremely comfortable and homely not to mention immaculately clean. The property has so much to offer, with a fairy-tale turret roof, a large pond and if you visit at the right time you can watch the family of ducklings which fill it. It is set in spectacular grounds and all this for very reasonable rates. The honesty bar in the sitting room is a great touch too.

Maggie and Jim were simply wonderful and definitely added to the great memories of my Scottish Wedding. They allowed us to 'invade' their wonderful house on the morning of the wedding. We took pictures on the large staircase availing of the fabulous stained-glass window back drop and more photos in their tenderly cared-for gardens. Their flexibilty allowed us to stay well past check-out time. Although they didn't get a large number of 'bed-nights' from my party they couldn't have been more acommodating as they had a steady stream of visitors depositing flowers, hairdressers and even children for photographs that morning.

They even had a wedding card and a bottle of bubbly on our breafast table on the morning of the wedding! I have to add their breakfast is fab.

I'm delighted to have been able to avail of a beautiful venue and it was enriched by my great hosts Maggie and Jim who allowed me the 'run of the house' that morning.

Maggie & Jim - If you read this (which I'm sure you will, as I could see you pay attention to detail and have a constant drive for quality) I'd like to say a big Thank You for your input in making my special day special.

Comments