Isle of Barra Hotel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 338 reviews
Crowe's Profile Photo

Very Poor Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2008

Such potential in an amazing location on the beach. As soon as you move inside the experience soon disipates. A good hotel has the opportunity to enhance a stay...this hotel ruined it for me.

Interesting that the locals of Barra are rather critical of the hotel as well! Maybe this is why they ask for a 25% deposit. Hard to move to another hotel...

The attitude of the owners is downright rude.

The main problem I had of the stay is the restaurant/food which is amateur at best. They have a downstairs fish bar which is seperate from the upstairs restaurant (I refuse to call it a la carte...what a joke). I was told I could not have a coffee with my meal upstairs and would have to go downstairs. Apart from one night I ate elsewhere in the Island. I am not going to spend £16.50 on a chicken breast and a bowl of tortilla chips.

The rooms are very dated and do not warrant the price. This place needs some money spend on it. Please see my photos.

Stay at another hotel please...the exact words of some locals.

Nearby Isle of Barra Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Barra Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Barra Island, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Barra Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Barra Island Travel Guide