Lewis Hotels

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3547

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CROWBERRY GUEST HOUSE: GOOD FOR BUSINESS

When I found out I would be working on the Isle of Lewis I set about finding what I wanted. A quiet B&B with a bit of luxury while still being within company budget. I booked the Crowberry and am glad I did. Situated 7 miles north of Stornoway, it only has 4 bedrooms and is quiet. The beds were the best I slept in during a continuous 3 months of business travel. My room was really great. Huge mirrors, large closets, its own steam iron & board, remote TV and ‘invisible’ heating. My bathroom had a heated floor. Coupled with great hot showers and with my in-room coffee; I set off each day in a good mood. That is after my excellent breakfasts. Fresh fruit, fired breakfasts and/or porridge. Just order the night before and it’s just outside your door. The free Wi-Fi was a help for work. Are you a dog or cat person? They have 2 friendly dogs and 2 friendly cats you can visit anytime. The best thing? SLEEP! Yes, a good night’s sleep every night. You really have to have a car to stay here, but town is just down the road.

The owners, Alasdair and Lisa Maclean, are a class act and made me feel welcome. I highly recommend Crowberry as a Business Stay B&B.

• Great beds and bedding
• Awesome breakfasts including hot salmon, fresh fruit, fried breakfast, haggis and porridge
• Packed lunches, picnics and/or flasks of hot drinks on request
• Great ‘library’ covering the island including restaurants and events
• Scottish Arran Aromatics toiletries (soap/shampoos)
• Underfloor heating in the bathroom
• Steam iron, ironing board, hairdryer
• Excellent mirrors and closets