Travelodge Staines

Tags

Business Travel
See Amenities
planxty's Profile Photo

Quite simply, avoid this place.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 16, 2009

I have stayed here twice. Believe me, there will not be a third time. It is simply appalling. The first time I stayed, on check-in I was greeted with the unedifying sight of a receptionist telling a guest recently arrived from overseas and with nowhere else to go that his pre-booked and confirmed room was not available and he could offer no alternative. Not a great introduction and I have no idea how it was resolved. Certainly the receptionist did not seem too interested in helping much. On that occasion I noticed a musty smell in the corridors but put it down as a one off. Unfortunately not.

I returned there lately and the smell persists, in fact it was probably worse. Despite unseasonably cold weather, the heating had not been put on in the room. There was one tattered towel to service a double room and cobwebs all over the ceiling. The place was generally grubby.

I fully appreciate that Travelodge offer a no-frills chain, and I have no problem with that. I have stayed at various other Travelodge premises with no problem, but this place really does let down the brand. It is said that the British are reticent to complain, and I certainly fall into this category, but a complaint has been duly lodged.

Really, do yourself a favour and avoid this place like the plague.

Unique Quality: It seems to be unique in having given me a couple of really unpleasant experiences from a chain I use quite happily elsewhere.

Directions: At the rear of the Two Rivers shopping complex near McDonalds.

Nearby Travelodge Staines

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Pets Allowed

Staines Travel Forum

Need advice about Staines, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Staines and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Staines hotel reviews