Greenwoods Estate Spa And Retre (Stock Road.)

Stock Road
Greenwoods Estate Spa and Retreat
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Greenwoods Estate Spa And Retre (Stock Road.)

A Great Experience

After reading the mainly dreadful reviews my Mum and I were not particularly looking forward to our spa day at Greenwoods (Friday 10th June). I felt sure that the few positive reviews must have been submitted by the management but how wrong could I have been?!
Our day from start to finish was excellent. We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to the spa area where we were given robes and slippers.
Each of our four treatments were carried out by a different therapist, all of which were very professional and friendly. The treatments were of a high standard (particularly the full body massage and facial) and being a qualified beauty therapist myself I would have certainly been able to spot a trainee at work!
The gym was small but well equipped and the pool and spa area were not too overcrowded with plenty of loungers available to relax on.
Our lunch was delicious and there was something on the menu to suit all tastes, everything from grilled fish to steak and ale pie! The portions were more than adequate and after two courses we were full!
I can honestly say that our experience at Greenwoods was excellent and we would not hesitate to visit again.

Avoid at all costs

Recently stayed at this so called professional establishment, all we can say is the manager treated us with such contempt and as if we were complaining about them for no reason at all... plase take note of previous reviews they are all true... the restaurant staff were slow, rude and the food was disgusting and even after complaining about the standard of service we were dismissed.
The spa is very small and seems to be overbooked from our experience, we checked in to the hotel pointed towards the spa and left to it... the reception staff were miserable and unhelpful or clueless even?
The gym was extremely small and no windows as it appears they have moved it into the aerobics studio now and converted the old gym into a conference room, and they only have water aerobics as an extra class now nothing else, it only has two toilets up on the ground floor that are a disgusting state didnt even have a cleaninig check rota to say they are cleaned every hour ? Fast food outlets are cleaner then this place :(
And as for getting the manager to listen to you i found him to be extemely sexist and patronising towards us..avoid this place total waste of money except obviously to them they cant wait to take it off of you, they call themselves a spa and retreat more like a scam and rip off, do yourselve a favour spend it elsewhere

They simple are not getting the message

This could be a wonderful hotel and spa but nobody there appears to care for customer service. We stayed for a Spa break weekend and were looking forward to a nice relaxing break. We had paid for an upgrade on our room and were given the Rosewood suite which was a really beautiful light room but unfortuntely it was filthy and had not had a proper a clean in ages. We complained and the Hotel manager agreed that the room was dirty and we were placed in another room.They did clean the room the following day and offered to move us back but the room still wasn't as clean as you would expect and we didn't really want to move again, after all we were meant to be having a relaxing weekend.The Hotel generally was not cleaned very well glass surfaces were not polished and there was dust everywhere you looked.( and believe me I am not obsessed my cleanliness)
Another problem with the hotel were the reception staff they didn't make any attempt to welcome us or give us any information about what the procedure was for the Spa which we had to find out for ourselves.
The Spa staff were pleasant at least but I didn't like the way you were given a feedback form after each treatment I think it was unneccessary.
We also recieved a silent telephone call at 4 o'clock Sunday morning, We asked reception about it in the morning and they stated our friends had left and that they said we would settled the bill we were quite horrified it later transpired that the night porters had got the wrong room.I do wonder if there was a little more to this.
We decided to leave early Sunday morning we could have of stayed for lunch but we had really had enough.We didn't really make a great fuss other than getting them to refund the extra we had paid for the upgrade on our room it was quite clear that no one at the Hotel care whether we had had a nice weekend or not.
To finnish on a positive note we did have a good experience in the Hotel ~Restaurant the food was good and waiter staff freindly.
I would never recommend this place.

Awful Hotel for Brides

by TripAdvisor Member Hob78

I stayed at Greenwoods for my wedding in July as I was getting married at the nearby Crondon Park, the plan was to get ready there and have photos taken beforehand, however this was no easy task as from the moment I arrived in the room it was unbearably hot and was unable to stay in there without sweating! I asked if there was air conditioning but the hotel staff were unable to tell me whether the room had it or not, they later turned on what they called air conditioning but the room was still unbearably hot, I ended up getting my make up done in the hallway as this was the only place that was cool, I had to get friends and family to bring extra fans just so I could get changed in the room! The staff didn't seem to know what they were talking about and were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful, especially the reception staff. I wasted so much time trying to sort out the heat in the room that I couldn't even get any photos taken at the hotel before the ceremony. My friends and family also had bad experiences at this hotel so I definitely would not recommend it, especially for any brides to be in the summer months.

It's not that bad

by TripAdvisor Member Odraccir

3 of us had a good time on our 2 day visit to this hotel. We have stayed at a wide variety of spa hotels and this was by no means the worst, but not up amongst the best either. But with a bill of around £370 per person for full board, use of spa and half hour massage, I would say it was value for money. (One can also arrival early to use the spa, and leave late, giving you around 3 days use for 2.)

The hotel was only partially full (maybe the other reviews have put people off) and I would guess that the staff, though pleasant and friendly, might find it harder to cope with a bigger work load.

With some more work and attention to detail, this could be a first class venue.

Comments