Ashford Road, St Michaels, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6SP, United Kingdom
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Tenterden

Like a scene from "The Railway Children"Like a scene from "The Railway Children"

Jacket potato with cheeseJacket potato with cheese

Jacket potato with prawnsJacket potato with prawns

Lemon Tree RestaurantLemon Tree Restaurant

Travel Tips for Tenterden

What to bring with?

by Jenniflower

Luggage with wheels is always a good idea, wherever you are travelling. Whether snowy/wet/sunny/warm or cold weather, layer your clothing.
Wear thermal underwear (these are easily bought at the local clothing shops), with warm leggings and a top under a toasty jacket for the cold. I have my trusty grey duffle coat, plus a white snow jacket for this type of weather, and they are a godsend!
Wear flat shoes that have a good grip, as when it is snowing, and afterwards, when it is sludge, it's really difficult to walk and keep your balance!
Always remember to bring a cap/hat that covers your head and neck for when it gets hot, as well as sunglasses. Sunscreen (Factor 35 is the minimum factor I use, no matter what the weather is), headache tablets and usual little things like some plasters for blisters, cotton wool, germolene etc. Your camera, with charger, and a EUROPEAN plug extension. Have a map of the area handy, plus a local bird, flower and tree book. For this you also need a pair of good quality binoculars

If we lived in the country, we'd live here...

by Jenniflower

A 2 hour drive out of London, we seriously considered moving here in 2005. London is so busy busy busy. Due to family and other commitments we decided not to make the move though.

As a village it's in a beautiful area, the High Street has all one could need, so you don't go without, and the people are friendly. I have made a friend here whom I think on often.. a very sweet lass she is :)

A beautiful Cathedral with a lovely cemetary. I am always drawn to cemetaries, reading the names and taking in the history.

We visited this church for a service on Easter morning - were welcomed by the locals and had a lovely service. Thank you! :)

There is more info re Tenterden on my Kent page.

Tenterden

by Kettleman

"Tenterden"

I have been through Tenterden a few times on bike trips around the Weald but hardly ever stopped.

This Easter we called in a tthe Kent & East Sussex Railway as I am planing a motorcycle tour for 15 visiting French BMW owners on 18th April 2004.

Tenterden - The heart of the Weald of Kent.

by will-uk

I hope you will visit Tenterden; it isn't on every tourist's plan; but you will find it a charming country town with a beautiful High Street, filled with historic buildings to look at; some nice shops and our local vineyards are only a short distance away.

We don't have any specific "tourist attractions" and perhaps this is what you might like about Tenterden; where ever you are, you will be amongst Kentish people; you can visit one of the local pubs in the town; of an evening I would recommend the William Caxton; and during the day, perhaps the Eight Bells.

There is one High Street, you can't get lost; and if you really want a super meal try the Turkish Restraurant called Ozgur - very good, nice atmosphere and not expensive (make a reservation on Saturday).

Let me know you are coming and I can meet you for a pint, and help you arrange accommodation in one of the many B&Bs in the area.

Comments