Berwyn Road, Llangollen, LL20 8BS, United Kingdom
Agoda.com

More about Llangollen

Llangollen RailwayLlangollen Railway

LlangollenLlangollen

View of the railroad bridgeView of the railroad bridge

River DeeRiver Dee

Travel Tips for Llangollen

Canal Trips

by sandysmith

Strolling alongside the LLangollen canal towpath is a pleasant way of enjoying the Dee Valley . Even pleasanter is to let the scenery glide past you by taking a 45min trip by horse-drawn narrow boat.

Boats can be boarded at the Llangollen Wharf and there is a pleasant canalside cafe and shop here whilst waiting.

Detour...Hills of Heather!

by nylo

When leaving the Hot Air Balloon festival, there was sooo much traffic, so we decided to go the opposite way, and thought our SatNav would tell us a quick way out... however we ended up going straight down this road for about 15 miles... little narrow windy roads! We became a little stressed, and concerned, but in the end it was a lovley drive as the roads became wider, we could see straight over all the hills, which were covered in purple heather, was lovely! there were also lots of sheep everywhere over the roads...

Abbey Reflections

by sandysmith

Go right to the back of the Abbey to the monastic pond for some great reflection pics...i got so excited when I was this and not another sole around the place...thats the beauty of going in the off season, its free too then.

Another Welsh Wonder

by neilward

"Engineering blended with countryside"

This is one of the most beautiful parts of the Welsh countryside I have ever
seen,this beautiful viaduct was built by Thomas Telford over 100 years ago,its another fantastic piece of British engineering.

Now thats what I call relaxing...!!!

"PHOOOOOOOT !!!"

How very British,gorgeous countryside and an old steam driven railway engine.
This runs between Carrog and Llangollen,very quaint.

Llangollen - The peaceful town

by Onski

"Relax"

I visited this quiet town back in 1992 and had to come back. There may be quieter more peaceful towns around in Wales but I havent seen them so Llangollen is my favourite. I think I could retire in this town, it is so laid back, friendly and the air is crisp. The 'wild white water rapids' that run through the town stand as the towns centre piece. Visit this town, you will only need an hour there and you will want to come back for more. I dont beleive there is much to do here but it is so fresh and relaxing.

Comments