The Wynnstay Arms

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Castles and Palaces

Rubbish

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2010

We booked this hotel for four nights but left after one!! The room was tiny, literally. A small window overlooked a section of the car park and a flat roof covered in cigarette butts and other debris. Disgusting. The bed wasn't fit for an animal to sleep on and the sheet was so flimsy that you could see the pattern on the material covering the mattress.
The entrance to the hotel from the street was filled with lager drinkers and many others were filling their boots at the carvery. There was supposed to be a residents only bar and restaurant, but we never saw it.We don't think it exists.
All in all a very second rate place and one to be avoided at all costs.
Guess why we will not be recommending this hotel.

Directions: Downtown Wrexham.

SaraM19762001's Profile Photo

Wynnstay Arms

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 9, 2005

I stayed at the Wynnstay Arms during August of 2003 when I was on a Cosmos Trip. I found the hotel wonderful. It was right in downtown Wrexham. A nice area to walk around. The staff was extremely helpful and rooms were clean *comfy beds and all*. I thought the bar was awesome and my friend and I ended up talking to some Welsh boys one evening. Wonderful time. The restaurant was also very good, with terrific Yorkshire Pudding. A short walk from the hotel is St. Giles church. A beautiful gothic looking church. Do reccommend you walk to it. If you run out of anything during your stay, there is a nice grocery store within walking distance where you can get anything you need.
I hope you enjoy the hotel and if you have any quesitons, comment or would like to see more pics of the hotel, just email me- SaraM1976@aol.com. Happy Traveling!

Unique Quality: Great view of downtown Wrexham.
Awesome bar!!!!

Directions: Downtown Wrexham

1 Photo of The Wynnstay Arms

Wrexham Travel Forum

Need advice about Wrexham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Wrexham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Wrexham Travel Guide