Celtic Bay Guest House

Budget Travel

Standards have slipped at the Celtic Bay

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2011

Myself and my partner visit Aberystwyth on a fairly regular basis and have always stayed at the Celtic Bay. We've always been pleased with the service and cleanliness of the rooms, and have never looked to stay anywhere else. This unfortunately, is no longer the case.

We were given a seafront double which we were thrilled about...until we stepped in the room. The floor had not been hoovered (there was rotting food by the window), the bathroom taps had not been cleaned, the shower was mouldy and had hairs in the tray, and the headboard on the bed was covered in grime and grease. The room had obviously not been cleaned thoroughly for a while! To top it off, our room wasn't even made-up on the second day. When I questioned why our toilet roll hadn't been filled (despite reminding them in the morning) and why our towels hadn't been replaced, I was told it was because she had been the only member of staff on duty that day and she hadn't had the time!!! A laptop displayed her Facebook account in the background!

We were offered a £10 discount but I can honestly say that we will never stay at the Celtic Bay again - I am saddened that such a lovely place has gone to the dogs.

Nearby Celtic Bay Guest House

Aberystwyth Travel Forum

Need advice about Aberystwyth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Aberystwyth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Aberystwyth hotel reviews