Aberystwyth Hotels

• TheSentinel profile photo TheSentinel
  • Reviews: 109

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bellevue Hotel: Bellevue Hotel

The mattress was so old it was almost U-shaped - impossible to sleep. The noise of people walking up and down the stairs will keep you awake. Some of the rooms at the back of the hotel have no natural light.

The standard of service at breakfast was very good - I think they were Polish.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 29, 2006

• BushHallett profile photo BushHallett
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Brynarth: Excellent Guest House near Aberystwyth

Wonderul 17th century farmhouse in beautiful rural surroundings. 12 miles from Aberystwyth.

Excellent value, beautiful location. I used Cambrian Discovery tours to pick me up and drop me off.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bay Vue B&B: Worst B&B in Aberystwyth

Hi everyone,
I thought it might be useful to discuss which B&Bs are to be avoided when travelling. I would like to share my wisdom that I earned the hard way. My family and I stayed at the BAY VUE B&B in Aberystwyth at the end of May. IT IS THE SMELLIEST, DIRTIEST place, with stains and dust everywhere! The owner is a mean old hag, she did not even put a bar of soap in the bathroom! One of my relatives fell ill during the night, she was unable to get up because of high fever - and the owner did not allow us to stay for another hour the next morning so we can wait until the medicine kicks in! So, if you have a chance, try to avoid this place in Aberystwyth :(

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written June 1, 2007

• daryll profile photo daryll
  • Reviews: 505
Rosenhalde Guest House 'Elm View': Aberystwyth friendly B&B

What make Elm View so special is i felt very comfortable and dreamed to stay that kind a room. Interior is very much unique with the wonderful patterns on the ceiling

Great Welsh Breakfast aka English Breakfast. With its own inviting lounge make myself difficult to move my butt from the couch. Has a nice garden at the backyard.
Jacuzzi is available.

• Gwydion5 profile photo Gwydion5
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Cambrian Hotel: Quirky Hotel

I have stayed here many times an have always been pleased with the service, location and the rooms in this hotel. A friendly bar that serves decent pub food and a decent pint of Guiness. This bar is famous for its 'lock-ins'. This is a loophole in the pub closing law that allows a hotel to serve to its residents and their guests. The restaurant (le Figaro) is good, making a speciality of beef. The hotel is located across the street from the train station.

The Cambrian boasts 3 rooms that are family apartments with kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 3 double rooms and a separate entrance.

• Opinion of Price: about average