Shoreline Guest House

6 South Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth, sy23 1jx, United Kingdom

More about Shoreline Guest House

Smoke Smoke Smoke

by TripAdvisor Member AnnIsEgg

I didn't even wind up staying here. I was going to stay at another B&B up the street, but they made a booking error, so I waltzed over to Shoreline based on countless positive reviews. The house reeked of cigarettes. I mentioned to the owner that I had smoke allergies. He told me that smoking was not allowed anywhere on the premises. As I mentioned to him the rather obvious smell of cigarettes throughout the ground floor, he brusquely ushered us out saying, "Well that's it. Forget the whole thing then."

Anyway, he was a complete jerk and I'm at a loss as to how others could have had a great experience at this place. Yes, I saw the rooms, and they were huge and with great views, and a total steal at the price, but that doesn't make up for rotten service.

Warm and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Tede99

I arrived late in the evening but I was still met in a warm and friendly manner. There was a great family atmosphere and clean, comnfortable facilities. The location on the sea front couldn't be bettered. I had a wonderful chat with the owner at breakfast, and they offered me tips about sightseeing in the locality. We will certainly be coming back.

Great location, views and rooms

by TripAdvisor Member airluigi

We stayed at the Shoreline Guest House for just under a week while attending a study school at Aberystwyth University. The guest house is in a great spot near to the centre of town, but also only 15-20 minute walk (or less by bus) to the main university campus. We were really pleased with our room, which was a great size and had a fantastic view of the beach. The owners are really friendly & make a very nice breakfast:) We will stay at Shoreline again when we return to Aberystwyth.

Made us At Home

by TripAdvisor Member Jeff-from-Melbourne

The best thing about staying at the Shoreline is that Lennie and Candi really go out of their way to make you feel at home. The view from our room over the bay was lovely. The breakfasts were of the real 'Full-English' style and very welcome. The Shoreline is within an easy walk to the town and met our needs completely.

When some problems arose which were outside of Lennie and Candi's control they took ownership and made the problems go away.

For a short and pleasant stay in Aberystwyth at this price range we certainly recommend it

Fantastic location,view,food, people and even a few dolphins.

by TripAdvisor Member ilovewilly

Warm welcome when arrived and shown to a large clean and modern room with wonderfull sea views with the dolphins happily playing in the sea right outside our window wow.
Breakfast was great and plenty of it too set us up for the day ahead,
Short 5 min walk to centre of the town, 10 second walk to beach and about 90 seconds to the castle ruins or harbour.
Owners very plesant and helpfull, highly recommend and will stay again without a doubt.
Thank you to Lennie & Candi for a great stay.

Nice stay, spoilt by noisy fellow guests

by TripAdvisor Member Mixy&Fairweather

I have seen the review posted by "Aberman" and can only imagine that it was his group who spoiled our stay at Shoreline. I was staying for one night with my pregnant wife and elderly mother-in-law. We arrived at the guest house and were welcomed by the lady of the house - who was very accommodating in moving mother-in-law to an en suite room after concerns over her getting to the bathroom.

Our night, however, was disturbed by a group of lads who were staying - mother-in-law was staying on ground floor and was first to be disturbed as the group returned to the guest house, whilst my wife and I were rudely awoken at about 3.30am by loud talking and laughing which continued until at least 4.30am - and having gotten back to sleep, we were really pleased (not) to be woken by the same group at 7am!

The landlady was very apologetic at breakfast, as they had been disturbed too and had tried to get the group to keep quiet, and offered us a discount for our inconvenience.

As for the guest house itself, room was clean and had a cracking sea view - watching the sun set over the sea is one feature of Aber life I do miss! The full English (or Welsh?!) breakfast was good, setting us up for the day, and Shoreline is well situated for the town, with the harbour and Castle both close to hand, and the main Prom just a few minutes walk away.

Great for cyclists

by TripAdvisor Member hayclanBucks

Stayed 1 night with 3 friends having cycled 80 miles over the Welsh mountains. The owners were very accomodating, storing our bikes in their garage and ensuring our rooms were OK. The location is perfect to 'wind down' after an exhausting day in the saddle being right on the sea front. Would recommend it highly.

Lennie can't help you enough during your stay

by TripAdvisor Member selliott76

I have organised a fishing weekend for ten anglers from cardiff every year for the past ten years.
We always stay at the Shoreline Guest House. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the breakfast is definitely enough to keep you going for the day.
Lennie can't help you enough during your stay, he's always joking and enjoys conversations about football (he's a huge liverpool fan) and a really down to earth guy.

Looking forward to staying again on our trip next year.

David Elliott,
Cardiff

friendly clean, doggie friendly, good value for money.

by TripAdvisor Member alitont

turned up without reservation and with dog, we were made welcome, and got a room with brilliant sea view which was clean and functional. owner made time to talk, and breakfast was good. although guest house on sea frount there was very little noise from road or people passing by of a night just the beautiful noise of the sea. we will return again.

Comments