Llanybydder, Lampeter, SA40 9TY, United Kingdom
Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Lampeter

She actually did a bowl of chips on the side...She actually did a bowl of chips on the side...

fireplace at the Oakfireplace at the Oak

chicken burgerchicken burger

Nicky's pasta sauce collectionNicky's pasta sauce collection

Travel Tips for Lampeter

Carreg-y-Bwci or Hobgoblin Stone

by Krumlovgirl

I've been trying to find some information on this on the 'net and so far have found two references to it...

The Modern Antiquarian

"The Goblin Stone of Cynwyl Gaio occupied a spot which few people cared to pass at night. In the 17thC a young man who had gone far in search of work came in the twilight to a large stone surrounded with grass. After making a good but simple supper, the traveller placed his bundle containing clothes on the grass in shelter of the stone. For a time he slept soundly, but about midnight he was awakened by somebody pinching his arms and ears and pricking his nose. He got up, and, looking around in the starlight, saw a goblin sitting on the stone, with many others around him. The man tried to run away, but the master goblin would not permit him, and at his command his minions interlaced their grotesque arms around him and prevented him moving. They tweaked his ears and nose, pinched him, gave him pokes in his ribs, and tormented him all through the night in every conceivable manner. He sat down to rest and wait for the dawn, and in the meantime the goblins screamed and laughed and shrieked in his ears until he was nearly mad. When the first streak of morning light appeared, the goblins vanished. The stranger got up in the dawn, and when he went onward he met some workmen, to whom he related his adventure. They said he had slept under the Goblin Stone."

Leyhunt

"This is on an alignment which skirts the two sanctuaries and is coincident with a two-mile stretch of the Sam Helen to the north. The line skirts an ancient site to the north of that, as well as going through a few minor points. It is a mound, visible from some distance, and on top is a very large slab of conglomerate atone. There is a hollow in one side which seems to be intended for some kind of offerings.”

Carrot picking in Lampeter

by Krumlovgirl

Yes, I know it's a shocker, but occasionally I DO work. This was a little extreme even for me though. Mud up to my thighs, harsh wind, and tons of rain. Finally the clouds broke one day long enough for me to take some good pictures though. It was a beautiful farm and lovely people run it.

I love this picture. I like the scenery behind it. When it wasn't raining, foggy, or overcast we had this view to look forward to.

Anna got stuck in the mud. Good thing Hot Guy was there to help. I include this picture because on the day before I got stuck in the mud and fell flat on my face. How embarassing. Hers was less so.

This is an old building that sets behind the farmhouse. I don't know what it used to be but it looked cool.

There. I can dirty up nicely.

Carrot picking. It was getting cold so he bundled up.

Also known as Ruan. But at this point when I call him by his real name nobody knows who I am talking about.

Comments