Thomas Arms Hotel

northeast80's Profile Photo

Thomas Arms Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2010

We checked in at the bar and paid up fully after reserving the rooms some time ago. Our rooms were only £39.95 each for twins and doubles, all en-suite with tea / coffee and biscuits, towels, hair dryer, trouser press, wardrobe, extra blankets and a TV (no freeview box when we went eventhough the digital switch-over is happening that month)
We were given two keys (they will charge £30 if you loose them) as at night the front door is locked so you have to use a security door at the back to get in.
It's a Brains pub which is ideal! Unfortunatley due to a Wales / Ireland rugby match they'd sold out of SA so I had to have the Dark (a little sweet). We also ate there. The portions are massive and really good value. I had gammon with pineapple, chips and salad for under £8.
One of my friends had a problem with the window not closing in their room. They complained and they just put a piece of paper in to wedge it shut.
Not all the rooms are like those in the photos! Ours were a little more dated, I suppose they must be re-furbishing as and when they can.
We got in about 12:30pm and there was loud music coming from the function room below, which had stopped by 1am.
It has two off-street car parks, one with disabled access.
Breakfast is extra and you have to book this, and pay, before 9pm for the following morning. My friends had it and it looked really good, the traditional friend breakfast option, cerial, toast etc.

Nearby Thomas Arms Hotel

Amenities at Thomas Arms Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking

Llanelli Travel Forum

Need advice about Llanelli, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Llanelli and ask our Answer Gurus.

Llanelli Travel Guide