Molleston, Narberth, SA67 8BX, United Kingdom
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about The Grove - Narberth

Peaceful, idyllic & luxurious Pembrokeshire Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member simonsoph

Just returned from a week break staying in one of the Grove's cottages (Christmas Cottage) with family incl 3 month son. Accommodation was first rate - no expense spared on the finishes but great value - large kitchen with everything you need, beautifully furnished and cosy snug sitting room were perfect for a family holiday. Under floor heating, log burner and thick walls meant the cottage was always warm and welcoming to get back to after a day out. The idyllic setting also gives far reaching views to the Preseli hills.

We were lucky to get a week of great weather to enjoy the surrounding area and I think the Grove is perfectly placed to allow you to enjoy all that Pembrokeshire has to offer. Nearby Narberth has a great atmosphere and some lovely shops and places to eat. Tenby and Saundersfoot are only 20 mins drive away with their lovely sandy beaches. The wilder and more remote coastal paths are all within 45 mins drive meaning you can head to all sections of the coast and enjoy everything the area has to offer - bracing cliff top walks, hidden golden sandy beaches etc.

Whilst we were staying in a cottage, we did also eat at the newly opened restaurant in the main house which was excellent; relaxed, comfortable yet luxurious surroundings and superb British food. The bar area also provided a great place to unwind in front of a roaring log fire.

The owners and all the staff we met were all helpful, knowledgable about the area and very welcoming. I would recommend the Grove for families (in the cottages) but also for romantic breaks. One of those places you find that you'd like to keep to yourself!!

Short Weekend away in Pebrokeshire

by TripAdvisor Member ukdaz100

We usually head away for a night or two to celebrate our wedding anniversary and this year was no different, apart from the distance we had to travel to reach the Grove at Narberth (3 hour drive).

But it was definitely worth it!

We stayed in the John Pollard Seddon room and were impressed by its size and the designer fittings. Fresh flowers in the room were a nice touch too...

Neil and Zoe, the owners of the hotel were really friendly and we felt they really wanted to make sure they went out of their way to ensure we relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.

The view out of the hotel windows is superband the log fires were lovely. Neil introduced me to the joys of Calvados too, which was gratefully appreciated.

We're definitely going to go back in the Spring, we've already recommended the hotel to friends and family and (as people who stay in 4 Season Hotel and Raddisson) we both think its one of the best in Wales (and believe me I'm fussy when it comes to hotels and service)

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Poshbecs

Absolutley amazing! Lovely remote location greeted by a warm welcome from the owners, Neil and Zoe. The rooms are lovely, modern but in keeping with the country atmosphere.

You are made to feel so welcome and are put at ease. The food is gorgeous and there are plenty of lovely wines or anything else you would want!

We stayed for New Year and had a fantastic time. Champagne plus a 6 course feast followed by more champagne and firework display.

If you are thinking of staying here then go for it - you will not be disapointed! I will be going back for sure.

A big thank you to Neil, Zoe and the other staff for such an amazing New Year :)

Relaxing break in a luxurious country house hotel....

by TripAdvisor Member Catesby74

I was looking for a relaxing weekend break with my husband in a cosy country house hotel in Pembrokeshire and found 'The Grove' during an online search. Immediately fell in love with it after viewing it's website and from fellow tripadvisor reviews. Believe me - it is as wonderful as it sounds if not better...
All of the staff, particularly the owners Neil and Zoe are extremely welcoming and make you feel very much at home, so much so we almost forgot we were staying in a hotel!
We stayed 2 nights in the 'Blue room' a beautiful large room with the cosiest bed and the most luxurious bedding. The view from the room was stunning, beech trees in the garden as well as hills and countryside as far as the eye can see. After the best night's sleep (it is extremely quiet here) we enjoyed a cup of tea in bed followed by a wonderful breakfast in the dining. The Grove also boasts a fabulous restaurant, a wood panelled dining room, candlelit with a roaring log fire serving first class local produce cooked to perfection, not forgetting an excellent choice of wines as well as local ales. On a cold winter's evening there is really no need to leave the hotel as the lounge / bar is very cosy.
Zoe recommended some routes for walks in countryside nearby as well as interesting places to visit along the nearby dramatic coastlines. There really is no shortage of places to visit in Pembrokeshire (if you can tear yourself away from the hotel) and we are already planning our next trip to 'The Grove'.

Mission accomplished ...!

by TripAdvisor Member CandPBristol

We came with the objective of relaxing, eating some good food and taking some countryside/coastal walks and easily achieved this. From what we read about before we visited for a mid week winter break, we had high hopes and The Grove more than lived up to our expectations. The staff we met were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The hotel was really stylish but comfortable and strikes the right balance between making the most of the period features of the building combined with contemporary and traditional furnishings. The food was great and service was efficient without being stuffy. The location was perfect - just outside the town of Narberth and easy access to the coast and lots of great walks. What more can we say .... oh yes, and Neil is the perfect host ... attentive, personable and certainly wins our award for Hotel Proprietor of the Year .... thanks again for the roasted nuts by the way!
The Grove thoroughly deserves its great reviewsand we wish Neil and Zoe ongoing success.

Fanatastic views, service and accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member Caraz

We stayed in one of the recently renovated stone cottages in the grounds of the Grove Hotel which had marvellous views overlooking the hills of Pembrokeshire. The Grove is ideally located in tranquill surroundings but very near to the quaint town of Narberth which is within easy reach to all of Pembrokeshire and its gorgeous beaches.
The cottage was stylishly decorated (no chintz here!) and very modern whilst maintaining its character. It was also cosy and and warm which was definately needed when it was snowing (probably because they have decent central heating instead of storage heaters!)
On top of all these benefits, the owner, Neil, served a romantic champagne dinner to us for my partner's birthday at the cottage because we couldn't go to the hotel as we have a 6 month old baby. Now that's what I call great service!
Needless to say we all had a great holiday for the week!

Total Heaven!!

We recently stayed here after I googled Chic, Boutique, Hotel in Pembrokeshire and this little gem sat at the top of the list and we I can totally see why! My Husband and I desperately needed a chilled out break in luxurious, cosy surroundings and this is exactly what we got! As we walked through the front door, the smell of the open fire just made swoon, Zoe was very friendly and served us complimentary tea and chocolate brownies in the lounge. As we sat there in complete awe of the furnishings, paintings and what looked like a cracking little bar with every drink you can imagine, we just knew we made the right decision. Our room - the John Pollard was a bit of a corker, huge is an understatement and bed guaranteed a beautiful night's sleep! Cosy bath robes, nice toiletries, underfloor heating in the bathroom. The bathroom is to die for, fantastic deep bath which I enjoyed, and a rainfall shower which I just didn't want to get out of in the morning. Cooked Breakfast was tasty and healthy (so no swimming in fat!), which was great, all local produce. The icing on the cake for us was the Hotel Restaurant, you must dine here at least once! We saved this for our last night and wish we had gone sooner as it really was very tasty, we could not fault anything and their chef deserves a great big hug for making our last night so special. His food combinations/dishes really were a treat. The caulflower soup was so divine, Pork Knuckle is for those big meat eaters, the trout had a subtle taste of pernod with prawns and Choclate Rum pudding rounded it off nicely. The hotel were excpetional at making Irish Coffees, a holiday nightcap we always like to treat ourselves to!! Finally, we had noticed that there were no coffee/tea making facilities in the room which sounds old fashioned for us in out thirties, but there are times when you just fancy a cuppa but even this final wish was granted when Zoe asked us on our last night if we would like tea/coffe taking to our room on the Saturday morning. Hey presto, at 8am a polite knock on the door and there it was.
Neil is a lot of fun and made us smile, as a couple they have the formal/informal balance just perfect & atmosphere just right. Never instrusive but always there!
Zoe & Neil - You are a credit to the hospitality industry, your efforts, care and attention in restoring The Grove to this magnificent glory really is exceptional, We wish you many years of happinnes and we are sure that this business will go forth and prosper.

A-maz-ing

by TripAdvisor Member Scare1

I recently took my boyfriend to The Grove in Narberth for a surprise Valentine's weekend. I found the hotel by googling 'chic boutique hotels in Pembrokeshire' and I'm pleased to say the hotel was exactly that. Zoe and Neil have done an amazing job of renovating this gorgeous building - each room is individually designed and totally luxurious! We stayed in the Hanoi Room which had breathtaking views of the Pembrokeshire countryside, Egyptian linen and a power shower I would have liked to have taken home. At my request, Zoe kindly arranged a local place for us to go clay pigeon shooting (£40 for 25 cartridges and tuition from the sweetest guy) and then we returned to the hotel to have massages in our room. It was a lovely day! The food is excellent - I think I put on about half a stone but there are so many lovely walks locally. I took a run around Canaston Woods just down the road from the hotel and we visited Saundersfoot and Tenby. It was a superb weekend and we will definitely return.

Thanks to Zoe and Neil. A-maz-ing!

Sarah x

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member RhiPontypridd

We stayed in Peak View cottage. Tasteful, no expense spared, luxurious. Attention to detail and top of the range appliances, furnishings and textiles. Excellent!
Zoe and Neil were so welcoming, but got the balance just right. Enjoyed watching Wales beat England in the bar of the beautiful hotel! Will have to return to try the rooms there, but heard they're out of this world by residents.
Location is fabulous - central, yet away from it all. Will definitely return. As the title says, "Perfect!"

Good food and great room

by TripAdvisor Member SlackbladderUk

We stayed for 1 night only on a DBB basis. The food was excellent and the menu varied and interesting. One or two minor disappointments with service mainly from the owners (morning coffee booked for 8:30 with newspaper arrived at 08:50 minus the newspaper). We stayed in the John Pollard Seddon room which was lovely. As the hotel had only recently opened everything was clean and fresh. If you want a quiet night with no background noise, then this could be a great choice.

Comments