1 High Street, Bangor, United Kingdom

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Bangor's best hotel

I stayed here with my family, there was 6 of us so we had 3 seperate rooms. 2 of us stayed in double rooms and the other 2 in an attic room. The rooms were perfect, even the attic room. It was so cute and bigger than my own room. The facilities were what you would expect in a three star hotel. We dined in the restaurant below which served delicious, fresh chinese food and the flavours were amzing, I wish they opened a restaurant near where I live.

In the morning we all ate breakfast and we had so much fun chatting to the lady, who i guess also cooked our breakfast. The cooked breakfast had everything on it, and it wasnt greasy at all, all our plates were finished clean and the continental had everything from yoghurt, to pastries, fruits and cereals!

We will stay here again when we have our next family gathering!

Directions: Very central, next to Bangor train station

• Poor value for money!!!

We had to stay in it because it was our only option. The room was an attic room (never agree to stay in it)! Our heads kept bumping in the ceiling each time we went up and down. We paid £75 for that night, plus £10 extra for breakfast which was just horrible and no one offered us coffee or tea with it. Finally we went to pack up and leave when that lady from the reception called up to urge us to leave by 11 and that she'd charge us extra £10 per hour after 11. So overall, they greet you with a smile to attract you and kick you out when it's time to leave.
    I definitely wouldn't recommend this place.

Unique Quality: Strange staff, half smiling and half mean, bad facilities, shower water temperature keeps switching, poor breakfast, poor service during breakfast (no coffee or tea), horribly uncomfortable room and toilet

Directions: Very close to the railway station

• Nice Location... but a bit noisy

We stayed a couple of nights here while touring the area. The hotel was right across from the train station, and there is also a bus stop around the corner. However, the noise from traffic outside was unexpected. I'm not sure if the rugby world cup was responsible for the level of traffic or if Bangor is always that busy. In any case, I would ask for a room that does not face the street. The rooms themselves were typical of most European hotels, and the hosts were very polite and ready to please.

Directions: across from train station

Comments