Morwendon Guest House

Booking.com Priceline.com

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons National/State Park Castles and Palaces
See Amenities

Owners have awful attitude.

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 6, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for one night. The location is great, breakfast was perfectly adequate. Our room was in the attic and extremely small. The en-suite was tiny and smelt of mold and stale urine. In our opinion, this room should not be used for paying guests. Furthermore, the cost of this room was outrageously over priced. Following our stay, I was asked to complete a feedback questionnaire. Such feedback questionnaires are there to give guests the opportunity to express their thoughts and opinions on an establishment and give honest feedback whether positive or negative. This feedback should be an opportunity for owners to make improvements for future guests. However, following leaving constructive feedback, I received an email to my personal account from the owners. The email was rude and sarcastic and made unfounded accusations, for example that I left negative feedback because our room was not ready (we arrived too early and were asked to come back later - we accepted and respected this, it was never an issue). I have copied and pasted the email sent to me, as follows:

Hello To you both.

Just a quick email to thank you for your “Booking.com” remarks, they sometimes give us a bit of a giggle and yours were right up there .

I see that you felt that your room was too small for you, and that this was not made plan to you. I know that you didn’t read your confirmation email that we sent you regarding your booking, hence your arrival at 1.45pm when check in time clearly states that your room is available from 3pm whoops. As for the size of the room, try reading the description on the site that you booked it on , where it clearly states not suitable for tall people as the “ BATHROOM HAS RESTRICTED HEAD SPACE” WHAT OF THAT DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND..

As for the cost of your room, it also includes 20% vat so in actual fact your accommodation along with the breakfast that you did enjoy, fantastic location etc, was not £73.00.

But hey ho, you would have fault with something because you were put out that your room wasn’t available when you wanted it.

We are ALWAYS sorry when guests don’t enjoy their stay with us , and whilst here we try to give as much information as possible to help their stay be as comfortable as we can. You saw that as being talked down to, well that is no surprise, but if I hadn’t told you about breakfast time, where you could find us if you needed us, and anything else that might be of help to you , that would have been wrong too.

We hope that you find somewhere to you exacting standards next time you are in this area.

Regards.

Teresa

Geoff & Teresa Challenor

Unique Quality: There are no unique qualities. The lounge and dining room are decorated to a good standard and looks comfortable. The breakfast is nice enough.

It is very overpriced and very poor value for money. The attitude of the owners is absolutely appalling and I should not be harassed with such vile sarcasm following my stay! That is simply unprofessional. In my opinion, if these people cannot accept constructive criticism, they should not be in the hospitality business.

Nearby Morwendon Guest House

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Barmouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Barmouth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Barmouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Barmouth