Gwynfryn Bed & Breakfast

York Place, Off Lancaster Square, Conwy, LL32 8AB, United Kingdom

More about Gwynfryn Bed & Breakfast

In a class by itself

by TripAdvisor Member Ronricho

The Gwynfryn Bed & Breakfast in Conwy gets very high marks in the reviews posted here. All well deserved I might add. This B&B is truly in a class by itself.

Our stay there was excellent and it is among the best lodging experiences we have had anywhere.

I recommend it very highly. Beautifully decorated, SPOTLESSLY clean and perfectly located you won't do better in this charming city.

In the end though it is the hosts you will remember. Monica and Colin are the perfect hosts with caring for guests their number one concern.

Ron & Joan

charming hosts, great location

by TripAdvisor Member krishmazze

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed our stay. Monica and Colin were very friendly and helpful. The location couldn't be better (and there's a good Indian restaurant across the square). Don't miss hiking in the hills behind Conwy. The views are spectacular in all directions.

Wonderful hosts

by TripAdvisor Member sas3400

There were four of us gals who were guests at the Gwynfryn Bed & Breakfast on March 4, 2007. Our stay was wonderful! The room was charming, the beds were comfy, the breakfast Colin prepared for us was delicious. Colin and Monica were fantastic hosts. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the charming city of Conwy. We just hope that Colin's back is okay after carrying all of our luggage to the top floor!!

Gwynfryn - Truely a home away from home!

by TripAdvisor Member Welshnain

My sister, her daughter and granddaughter and I went to Wales to visit the area where my father was born and to visit relatives. We stayed 4 nights at the Gwynfryn. Monica and Colin made us feel so at home and when we left, we felt like they were also relatives! They also arranged a car rental for us, found a place to park the car, and did so much to make our trip hassle free! The rooms were delightful, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts were excellently prepared and Monica and Colin made every effort to ensure the food was cooked to our individual tastes! The four of us ranged in age from 68 down to 11 and the Gwynfryn was perfect for all ages! When I plan my next trip to Wales, I will work my travel dates around room availability at the Gwynfryn!

Absolutely the best ever B&B

by TripAdvisor Member justtourists

We simply loved our stay at the Gwynfryn B&B in Conwy. Totally exhausted from an overseas flight it was a delight, not to mention lifesaver to find cozy rooms with soft, comfortable beds. The property is absolutely spotlessly clean, even my mother was impressed and she is VERY hard to please. Monica and Colin did a fantastic job in making us feel welcome, they are ideal hosts, always a friendly word and lots of good advice. The location is unbeatable, inside the city walls and within easy walking distance to the castle and other attractions, and the harbor is just down the road as well. Parking can be tricky but Colin was very helpful in finding us a space only one street over. We highly recommend this B&B.

Fabulous B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Bttrstephen

My partner and I stayed at this fabulous B&B on 18th and 19th May of this year, and had to write to tell all looking for a B&B in Wales, that this is the place to stay. The hosts Colin and Monica are a great couple, who make you feel welcome, advise on restaurants and are generally very friendly. The rooms are exceptional and decorated in a unique quirky way (which suits the house brilliantly). Ours had a mini fridge, and dvd player. There arent words to discribe the breakfast........brilliant, cooked to perfection.
We would recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to visit Conwy, and intend to return again later this year!

Fantastic weekend

by TripAdvisor Member JINX68

Our stay at Gwynfryn bed & breakfast was absolutely first class. We were so impressed with the clealiness of the property and the beautiful decoration. We are saving hard to come back again and hopefully stay for longer this time.

One of the best places we stayed in the UK

by TripAdvisor Member pettycash

Fantastic breakfast. Really great people. The decor of the room was excelent - far more upscale than it's price revealed. The owners went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one.

A lovely place to rest and enjoy - not Conwy - Gwynfryn Bed and Breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member pippi_7

My Mum and I found Gwynfryn tucked secretly up a cobbled lane behind the police station.

We were shown the Bleu Room and it was beautifully furnished, immaculate, with lots of special little friendly knick knacks like three additional cushions for comfort whilst reading! There were even wine glasses and a little fridge. Black out blinds were great because the sun came up brightly both mornings!

Colin and Monica could not have been more friendly, Mum has memory problems and Monica treated her like a queen, especially at breakfast, which was delicious. We both elected to have eggs on toast - plenty of toast, runny yummy eggs and Mum enjoyed extra coffee.

The dining room has a lovley clean new feel to it, and the attention to detail of the decorations (in the dining room, in the hall, bedroom and stairway) was so pleasant. Also there must have been a hundred DVD's to watch - free but we didn't have time! We will go again - and I'll take a photo to add to this site!

Fabulous find!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Quinlin_the_parrot

Colin and Monica are *fabulous*!!! They were great, so warm, welcoming and helpful! This is what staying at a b&b is all about! Breakfast was very good and filling. They even went out of their way and packed my husband and I bag lunches because we had to head out well before breakfast our last morning to catch our flight in Manchester. The room was absolutely beautiful and comfortable. Decor was very tastefully done. There were multiple little details that were seen to including champagne glasses in the room, a small tv/DVD player in the room, a vast sampling of movies to chose from just to name a few of these. They strive to ensure you feel welcome and truly care about your experience with them.

If we ever return to Conwy, we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere other than the Gwynfryn Bed & Breakfast!!

Comments