Deganwy Quay Deganwy Conwy, North Wales No, Deg

Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• janiebaxter's Profile Photo

Lovely Location, Excellent Value

The Quay Hotel and Spa is part of a development build in 2007, overlooking Conwy Marina. I stayed here for one night on my way from Manchester to Morfa Nefyn as it is approx 1.5 hours drive from each place.
    My ground floor room was a really good size, light and tastefully furnished with a very large bathroom. The patio doors opened onto a courtyard with a fountain. I found the room had everything I needed - 2 complimentary bottles of water, bath robe, tea and coffe, plenty of towels and cushions, lots of wardrobe space, good heating, good lighting, safe, fridge and an excellent hairdryer. The bed was really comfy too and everything was spotlessly clean.
    There is a smallish gym, but with plenty of equipment and free weights, a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and 15m pool. It was quite busy Saturday afternoon but luckily children are restricted to certian times in the pool so I almost had the pool to myself after 6 O'clock.
    The Spa is lovely with plenty of treatment rooms and lots of treatments to choose from. I had a 30 minute back massage and 30 minute facial included in my room rate and these were both very good.
    The restaurant has large windows overlooking the Marina and the hills beyond. The menu contains lots of local produce - Welsh black beef and welsh cheeses as well as locally grown vegetables. I had crab linguine with chilli, and chicken coq au vin and both were very good, particularly the side dish of carrots. There is a good choice of steaks - fillet, ribeye, sirloin and rump and two sizes of each, as well as pork belly and pastas.
    The wine list is arranged according to how full bodied the wines are which I always think is a good idea but the full bodied reds were a little pricey starting at £28. I had the Eagles Point Cabernet Merlot which was very nice and £17.
    My two criticisms are the restaurant was far too cold and for that reason a bit uncomfortable, and the service was a bit sloppy. They were slow to take my order and bring the first course and forget my wine altogether. However the staff were very pleasant and apologetic.
    Breakfast was also good, although I didn't try the full cooked version I just had cheese and ham with toast and coffee.

Unique Quality: My weekend package was called the Escape Spa package and included room, dinner, breakfast, a massage and a facial for £120 for one night which I thought was excellent value.
    I really liked the large bedroom and bathroom and the cleanliness and decor - the welsh slate table mats were really lovely.
    Reception was very efficient, helpful and friendly. Booking was very easy, as was check in and check out.
    I would definitely return.

More about Quay Hotel And Spa

Excellent food made the stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tarn68

Enjoyed a two night break over the early May bank holiday.

By far the best aspect of the hotel was the food which, in our view, surpassed the 1 Rossette it has attained. The staff in the restaurant were also excellent and attentive.

Overall experience was good, but the hotel is not up to five star standard overall, good four star it may be, but the attention to detail in the rooms/bathrooms and leisure club were missing.

Ask before booking how many children they have staying as it can be quite noisy - especially if your room is overlooking the courtyard as the sounds reverberates around there when the little angels get out their football!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fullyladen

We stayed at the Quay for 3 nights over the May bank Holiday. We decided for our anniversary to do something different and climb Snowdon. Booked the Quay after reading reviews on Tripadvisor.The reviews are correct the hotel although fairly new (august 2006) was fantastic. As soon as you arrive you realise it is somewhere special ,all of the staff are so friendly and polite it is like staying in a small guesthouse. Any thoughts of a guesthouse are were blown away when we were shown to our suite (upgraded) The view was absolutely stunning. We had our own balcony overlooking the estuary towards Conway castle.
The bed and bed linen were big and very comfy the other furniture was very stylish, 2 plasma screens 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the lounge. TV internet free of charge.
Bathroom was slightly smaller than anticipated but the shower pressure and temperature were spot on.
Ate at both the restaurants and the food was superb and reasonably priced as was the wine. Breakfast was also very good especially when delivered to the room.
We both used the spa for treatments and the ex wrestler John gives a brilliant turkish bath and massage (needed after the Snowdon climb).
All in all we would throughly recommend the Quay it is in a stunning setting,the staff are very friendly and attentive and the facilities are great.

GREAT 5 STAR HOTEL +++++ Paul Cheshire

by TripAdvisor Member SHINOCheshire

Great holiday break over Easter . Exellent service, fantastic room would recommed this hotel with superb views looking towards conwy new marina

Comments