Llanfair yn Neubwll, Holyhead, LL65 3LD, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Holyhead

That's What It SaysThat's What It Says

Where is the car park?Where is the car park?

parking facilities

by overpar

I plan to be in Holyhead on the 4th. February 2008 enroute to Dublin with my daughter. I would like to know if you have private locked parking facilities.

Re: parking facilities

by leics

I doubt there are any private locked parking facilities in Holyhead, apart from those belonging to hotels/b&bs such as http://www.ferrylodge.co.uk/carpark.html

However, the long-term parking for the ferry service is patrolled and has CCTV coverage. There is a shuttle bus from the car park to the port terminal. Parking costs 5GBP per day/20GBP per week.

I do not feel you have any real cause for concern about the safety of your vehicle in the ferry car park.

Travel Tips for Holyhead

The Celtic Gateway

by johngayton

Bejees and there was me thinkin' that the wonderous European Union had financed a bridge from the dumpy little town of Holyhead all the way across the sea to the capricously cosmopolitan city of Dublin.

Wind and waves this tubular steel would withstand with her pillars piled deep into the sea's bedrocked sands. Her roadway, tarmac(ked) by the best of Ireland's true sons would be fitting tribute to the cojoining of the British Isles.

HA!

The bridge runs from the back of Sommerfields (now the Co-op) to the ass-end of the ferry terminal.

Not quite what I would call a £6 million "Celtic Gateway".

Holyhead is definitely not a desination in its own right. The town prospered briefly on the back of its railway connection to the Irish ferries in the mid 1800's and the cute little town hall was built.

Since then though, not a lot has happened.

"Pubs!"

One thing though you can always be assured of though is a friendly welcome in the pubs. I remember having a very good night here 20-odd years ago whilst awaiting the overnight ferry. Met a bunch of drunken Irishmen in one of the pubs and if I remember correctly we managed to get thrown out of every pub in Holyhead in due rotation from the station, through the town, and back to to the port.

Got our timing right tho' as the Holland Inn was the last pub we got chucked out of. I think we had to swim across the harbour as the "Celtic Gateway" hadn't been built then - HIC! GLUG! HIC!

Ah, Bejees there's the ferry - where's the gangplank?

Comments