The Boathouse Hotel

The Boathouse Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Holyhead

The celtic gateway (BBC)The celtic gateway (BBC)

Porth Dafarch beachPorth Dafarch beach

Arriving in the middle of the night

by christine.j

Hi,
has anyone ever taken the National Express coach from Oxford which arrives at 1:25 at night? Are there B&Bs close by? Is it safe to walk there? Well lit? I don't think Holyhead is such a big town that there are many people around in the middle of the night, so I'm not sure if I shouldn't stay overnight somewhere else and take an earlier coach.
I'd appreciate any advice.
Christine

Re: Re: Arriving in the middle of the night

by leics

Holyhead is a small town, safe and fairly well-lit in the ferry/ central area. I'm not sure how many b&bs or hotels would welcome you at that time of night, though, so I suggest you contact a few and check. If there's a problem, maybe it would be better to take an earlier coach to arrive in Holyhead in the evening.

Re: Arriving in the middle of the night

by christine.j

Thank you for your help. I think I will try to find some other way and won't take this coach.
Christine

Travel Tips for Holyhead

Holyead and Trearddur Bay

by alexfenton

"Great places to visit"

I have visited these places every year for the last 25 years - and would reccomend this for a day trip or a weeks holiday. Basically - I usually take the tent or camper van to the Valley of the Rocks campsite which is situated between Holyead and Trearddur Bay. This is an excellent campsite and costs just a few pounds a night. It is a short walk from the beautiful Porth Dafarch beach which is pictured.

Porth Dafarch is a great place to spend a day relaxing, having a bbq or doing watersports. I have taken my kayak here before - but it can get busy in summer.

Holyhead is a typical port town. We always visit the pound shops here and buy some food for a bbq.

If you like watersports, relaxing, lovely scenery, beaches - I would reccomend here. You can always jump on the ferry for 13 pounds over to Dublin for the day (or longer). You can also play golf, snooker and horse riding and various other things in Trearddur Bay.

Its a good base to see the rest of beautiful and interesting Anglesey.

We go here annually now to Valley of the rocks and Dublin and its always a fabulous weekend.

Comments