The Promenade, Llandudno, Conwy County, LL30 2LG, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• lomi's Profile Photo

I wanted the Champagne Afternoon Tea

This four star hotel with 75 ensuite rooms, has one of the best locations in town, sat opposite the main promenade, overlooking the bay of Llandudno with lovely coastal views.

Or just pop in for lunch in The Terrace Restaurant.

Unique Quality: I did fancy the Champagne Celebration Tea of ½ a bottle of chilled Bouché pére et Fils Cuvée Réservée Brut, with sandwich, a slice of Bara Brith and butter , a home made scone with jam and clotted cream, a mini lemon tart , mini chocolate marquis and a mini berry tart. But my husband is well known as tight fisted.

Instead we ordered the Traditional Afternoon Tea, which was tea or coffee with a slice of Bara Brith and butter, and a home made scone with jam and clotted cream.

• RobMorgan's Profile Photo

ST.GEORGES HOTEL.

Have never stayed here, but we pop in now & then for either a meal or quick coffee

Unique Quality: Service, position & cleanliness is excellent.
    It is one of the main big hotels on the front in Llandudno.

More about St. George's Hotel

It's awful

by TripAdvisor Member bushette

We were a party of 7. Having originally wanted to book the 3 suites (ie the best rooms in the hotel), we opted for 2 suites and a superior twin as we were told one of the suites didn't have good views. To our surprise we were given the suite we didn't want, dark, damp, smelly, no way near suite or 3 stars standard. we were then moved to another 2 rooms, ending up in a tiny room which was sort of clean. Service wasn't good, complaints didn't get any responses. the whole experience was terrible, and not helped by the fact that we were there for a 70th birthday celebration. the birthday person wanted to be there as it was the last place he had been to with his wife before she passed away. Even that didn't get us the sympathy vote with the hotel.
Don't go there!

A grim night in the St. George

by TripAdvisor Member kingdaddio

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The room was large but the decor was poor, with stained and peeling wallpaper and very out-dated furniture. The TV was tiny (14"?) and some channels didn't work (including Channel 5 which had a live football match on). At first I was worried about the tiny radiator and thought it was far too small to heat the large room. I needn't have worried as the pipe supplying the radiator ran all around the room and was a very large bore (2.5"?). It was like the Sahara Desert as you couldn't control the heat. The window opened onto a flat roof and had scaffolding everywhere so presented a security risk if left open.
The bathroom window was faulty and didn't shut properly and the heated towel rail didn't work. With its location on the seafront coupled with a good gale blowing overnight the shower in the morning was akin to a Siberian winter.
On the plus side, breakfast was fine and the servers were cheerful. My colleague was in one of the refurbished rooms and said it was very nice.
Complaints to reception fell on deaf ears as the hotel was said to be full so they couldn't move me. I told them that this was an advance meeting and that I would be returning (with colleagues) regularly over the next 4-5 months but this made no difference.
There were workmen everywhere and they comandeered the lift leaving guests to use the stairs (complete with threadbare carpets).
Not a pleasant stay.

Money NOT well spent

We arrived at what we expected to be a fully refurbished hotel on the 15th April only to find scaffolding still outside and a unwelcoming concrete walkway with caution signs in the entrance.
The room we were given was in the top of the hotel and had scaffolding at the windows and furniture piled up in the corridor.It looked and felt like the attic.
The room was so hot it was unbearable and the windows didn't open.
We did complain but were told they had no more rooms.
The stairs were out of bounds and the one lift held 4persons and like the reviewer before commented, when the workmen were there they hogged it.
I have written to the General Manager but after nearly 2 weeks he has not replied so I feel I must warn other prospective guests NOT TO GO UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN THE WORK IS FINISHED.
This 3 day break cost us just under £300 B&B and we couldn't get a refund as we had booked through an agent who had not had the courtesy to tell us the hotel wasn't finished.

What a transformation

by TripAdvisor Member Sexy_Monster

I have stayed at this hotel a year ago and found to be good but in need of repairs. I stayed last week again not realising they had undergone a full refurbishment and found the transformation fantastic. Not only were the bedrooms and bathrooms bigger but the whole hotel was very modern and very comfortable. I think what they have done is great and I will certainly be staying again.

Awesome break

My boyfriend and I,found out we were both off for the weekend at 6pm on friday 30th June so we drove to llandudno as we knew we would find a hotel there.
We arrived at 9pm after alot of stops for different things, and we were worn out from the drive, this hotels receptionists cannot literally do anything more for you, anything you ask for is no bother. It was the look of the building from the outside that attracted us firstly, it was very well kept and looked classy.
The receptionist welcomed us and made us at ease, she also gave us discount rates; as we had driven, we needed somewhere safe to park the car, and there were plenty of spaces avaliable, the one time that there wasnt, the hotel moved our car safely, it is good to know that your belongings are being cared for isnt it? ?
Then the quality of the room for us was perfect, very comfortable bed, large wardrobe with all the neccessites you could ask for, the power shower was a bonus, and i very much liked the idea of the surround sound in the room, therefore you could listen to the tv in the shower etc.
Breakfast, Im not a big fan of breakfasts but this was very pleasant, the servers were extremely pleasant too.
Room was pretty warm on our first night, we couldnt figure how to do the air con, turns out it wasnt yet installed so they gave us two large fans which helped me sleep alot better the following evening.
Where the hotel is situated excellent to see some beautiful sights and romantic walks of an evening, shops closeby, and alot of restaurants to choose from, apart from darn seaguls which cannot be helped obviously it was a peaceful and throughly enjoyable time!
highly highly recommended!!!!! a++++

Absolutely disgusting!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Ant_r_1

I recently stayed at The St Georges hotel and after staying in many locations I have never been so disgusted!!! I was with a wedding party and before even getting inside the hotel it was covered in scaffolding! Later on I discovered that the main area of scaffolding was where the wedding photos were due to be taken. After entering the building site I was shocked to find that the restaurant we were due to eat in had no floor, no ceiling and electrical wires were just hanging through the room. There were also large blue plastic sheets on the walls which were stripped to the bare brick all through the hotel.

There was absolutely NO notification that any part of the hotel would be in such a disgusting state and this clearly shows what the hotel thinks of it's customers.

Later on that night we all ate in one of the function rooms (not the one we planned to eat in) and the staff were quite attentive and polite which was the only nice part of our stay. Just as we thought that things were on the up we were faced with another shock, glass in the food. More than three people that night found glass in their main course, causing cuts and one guests two fillings to come out!

That night many of the rooms were missing extra beds that were supposed to be put in which was another problem, things were just getting worse and worse.

The next morning we went to the lounge / cafe area before departing the hotel to sit and talk over coffee, but when I tried to order my coffee the gentleman serving replied with, "I'm too busy to make you coffee", lovely customer service.

All in all this was a terrible stay and it shows how little the hotel thinks of it's guests, I feel sorry for the bride and groom who had to battle on on their wedding day after many attempts by the hotel and it's staff to ruin it!

I would never return here and would strongly suggest that others go to a hotel that actually cares about it's guests.

Truly gruesome!

by TripAdvisor Member cromercrab

The capital investment is self-evident, but management forgot to train the staff. No porterage offered, leaving us with a 200-yard luggage marathon from the rear car park to then negotiate the 10 steps up to the front entrance. Opening the sea view window was limited to 3 inches no doubt to protect the new, but noisy aircon unit. At dinner the waiters, while pleasant, were woefully inexperienced and slow. No bread rolls offered, no wine list, no water. Told the duty manager who agreed with our comments.

On the second day our room had not been serviced by 3.30p.m. Was told incoming guests took priority - our room would be cleaned by 5.00p.m. Housekeeper told us a "special request" would have guaranteed service by lunchtime. We spent the next 30mins in our room in the company of the duty manager, housekeeper and a cleaner. We had booked 4 nights. We negotiated our escape after 2. In fairness to the duty manager, he apologised and did not charge for the room on the second night. He co-signed our letter of complaint to the Managing Director - we await a response.

In conclusion, the hotel certainly does not warrant a 4 star rating at present. Perhaps,given some high quality training, it could reach 3 star within a year. We will watch Tripadvisor regularly to monitor progress. In the meantime, we'll play safe and book the better-by-far Imperial Hotel next time.

Dining Room experience ruined our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Hedberg

Recently refurbished and in a stunning position on the seafront the St Georges Hotel has pleasant and comfortable public rooms. Our room was very good ...4 poster bed and fab bathroom. However we did notice a large coach party of elderly guests and they were blocked booked in the dining room so we couldn't have our requested booking time. Got into the dining room at 8 and some of the starters were already off. From 8 until we left at 9.30 the staff were noisily clearing the tables and setting up for breakfast. It was like being in a station, no ambience at all. Food mediocre . Tough pork and tasteless lamb. Breakfast was even worse. Long queues of elderly people at the buffet so progress was slow.. hot food kept on running out so a long wait..toast cold and bendy..no marmalade at all. People pushing past your table to get to the food. At one point there was a queue of 15 waiting for bacon that had run out. Would not go back again. Nice rooms..shame about the quality of food and the dining experience

Comments