Westbourne Hotel

Rank 16 of 120 hotels
in Llandudno
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Worst Fawlty towers ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 22, 2013

Disgusting and outrageous behaviour of the owners!
Do not stay here no matter what, unless you want the owners to go through your things, don`t give you promised breakfast and eventually kick you out!!!

Having read the wonderful reviews and on our first contact I was fooled by their appearance - they seemed very nice and pleasant people. But it is all a sham. We paid for 3 nights with breakfast included. They advertise on their webpage that earlier breakfast can be arranged, so we politely asked for it for we wanted to go very early in the mountains and explain that to our host. We didn`t expect or demand full English breakfast but fruit and cereals. The owner, Ian, promised us that and said that someone will open a dining room in the morning so we can eat. By the way it is forbidden to eat in the rooms and you can eat only in the dining room which is locked in the morning. So basically you don`t have any option but someone to get up and open you a locked dining room.
Ian intentionally broke his word, and nobody was there that morning. I was disappointed but didn`t want to wake them up so I write them a note: Thanks for the “perfect” breakfast. Having spent the entire day walking up and down the mountains , I returned to Llandudno longing for a hot shower and bed, and also expecting the apology.
Instead the owners kicked me and my friend out of their guesthouse!!! They pretended that something is wrong with the door so they can take my key. My 3 suitcases were already in the hall, along with the big black garbage back in which they put the rest of their things!!! Can you imagine any hotel in which a manager would pack your things and touch them??? They wouldn’t let me go to my room to see if something is missing!!! They lied that there was no arrangement and Ian said that he only had said the night before that “he will do his best”!!! Can you even believe this was their excuse??? Of course they could not inform me the night before that their best is actually nothing. They claimed that the note I left them was so offensive (unlike their manner to me- the paying guest) so I can not longer stay in their house! They knew that we had been in the mountains the whole day and that was already past 19h and it would be extremely difficult to find an accommodation elsewhere in the town, but these “good, warm and nice” people did not care that they made a mistake.
I was in such a state of shock so I forgot to check my suitcases. On the street I discovered that my biggest suitcase does not have a lock (I always lock my suitcases)!!! So not only did they kick me out of the guesthouse, they also invaded my privacy and forced their way into my big suitcase!!! The only reason I did not go to the police because I was preoccupied with finding a new accommodation. It was evening and I did not find anything in Llandudno, so we boarded the train to Manchester where we eventually found a hotel. If we had found another accommodation in Llandudno (or if we were thrown out in the morning or during the day) I would have gone to the police and reported them!!!

I have never been humiliated in my whole life like that. Not only that they broke their word, left us hungry to go into mountains, they also lied to us in our face about our agreement, broke into my biggest suitcase, packed my things into garbage bag and kicked us out. I have never heard not even imagine that it could happen to anyone, and I for one thing travel a lot, especially with kids (I am a school teacher) and never experienced such a horror story.
It is unbelievable that someone can be kicked out of the guesthouse because of ironic but justified complaint about the breakfast. Never have I heard such an outrageous and scandalous thing and those people should not be allowed to practice any kind of tourism related practice.

Nearby Westbourne Hotel

Westbourne Hotel

• Westbourne Hotel Llandudno

Address: 8 Arvon Avenue, Llandudno, Conwy County, LL30 2DY, United Kingdom

Amenities at Westbourne Hotel

• Bar / Lounge

Llandudno Travel Forum

Need advice about Llandudno, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Llandudno and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Llandudno hotel reviews

Conwy Castle
Bus Tour
Deganwy Castle
Off The Beaten Path
A wild night on the Orme
Bluegrass Festival