Pwllheli, LL53 6HJ, United Kingdom

More about Hafan y Mor Holiday Park

hafan y mor 18 august 2007

by TripAdvisor Member sclark4292

my family and i just got back from hafan y mor and had a really good time.We were gold half board staying in a chalet,i thought i best do a review because ive seen so many bad reviews.We found the food ok plenty of choices didnt have to queue once as we got there at opening time saves being stuck in the queues.The accomodation was right by the beach and also had a living room and kitchen which was nice as i was only expecting two rooms as stated ,as we were half board.lovely area lots around to do we went on the steam train in porthmadog well worth doing get some beautiful views,also went to bedgelert which was a pretty little town with some great scenery you can also see the grave and statue of gelert.we went to portmerion its ok wernt overally inpressed we only went for a week could of done being there for another week so much to see and with the children wanting to do skating and swimming its hard to fit everything in.Ive been to riviere sands haven,devon cliffs haven ,perranporth haven and hafan y mor and this is the best one by far, would come back again .

fantastic holiday at haven pwllheli

by TripAdvisor Member ShropshireSizzle

we booked our caravan at this site private which is the best thing to do our caravan was amazing we had free passes for entertainment and swimming which we were really greatfull for. There was everything you could think of in this caravan which was really amazing i was worried to begin with as the reviews were not very pleasant but we had nothing to complain about many say it is much better and cheaper to book private. we had been 8 years ago on a sun short break and didnt really get to know the place but we found this time if you head up to the pine lodges and walk to the headlands there are beautiful private beaches and coves and further over the beach joing onto pwhelli which we enjoyed each day fishing with the children and feeding the friendly seal which visits to eat all the fish he is lovely. we have booked for 2 weeks next year as we had such a fab time the staff at the park are very friendly and loads of life guards
the priceof food in the shops on the site are not that bad well we didnt think so has we use a local corner shop and the site was much cheaper anyway dont be put off by bad reviews we had a super time i think its what u make it.

Had a nice time

by TripAdvisor Member lisagreenwood

My husband, 15mth old son and myself stayed here for 4 nights in September. We booked it through the sun holidays, so as we got it for a very reasonable price, upgraded to a gold caraven. I am glad we did this as the caravan was very basic. There were no problems at all with it, but I would not have wanted to stay in a standard one, especially with a young infant. We have been to a couple of the Haven sites and as far as facilities go, this is the best one. The pool was brilliant for young and older children. There were plenty of play areas for young children and just to walk around the site, it was very pleasant. We did get extremely good weather whilst we were there, which made the difference as there is plenty to do around the area and some lovely beaches, especially the one at Porthmadog. I would re-visit this site in the future but just make sure I got it at an offer price again to be able to stay in one of the better caravens.

yuck yuck yuck

by TripAdvisor Member lola1213

really awful, room smelt of smoke and was diabolical. Silver apartment no toilet rolls no towels beds unmade. Litter under childrens bed. Drawings on the walls. All entertainment not free only the pool which was a saving grace for the children. People drinking all day over with children in tow. Food was not too bad you could find something at least. We left two days early and we had upgraded so lost more money. Please if you like at least the barest of cleaniness think again. Tacky tacky tacky. My skin is crawling as I write.

total rubbish

by TripAdvisor Member janeone

If you want a holiday or a short break then use a little common sense and don't go to this holiday park. I have never been to such a terrible place in all my life. My daughter was 21 on the night we arrived at this site we went for her birthday quite a few of us. We were shown a map to find our silver luxury apartment (G ood God) there were no lights on to find it as it was dark it took us half an hour to find it. When we found it we wish we hadn't what a mess we couldn't see out of the windows don't think they had been cleaned for 20 years the wallpaper was all ripped off, i coukdn't tell you what colour the sette was it was that filthy. The sette had all holes in it carpets were filthy it was a disgrace. I complained and we were upgradad to a gold caravan which was alot better. Then on the saturday night i had a meal booked for us which i paid for when i booked up. It was for a 21 year old birthday the place was like a back street cafe yellow and white plastic table cloths it was done for 4 people and there were 9 of us. There were 4 paper plates and plastic glasses on it with a happy birthday banner it was done for a 2 year old not a 21 year old. I had never ever seen anything like it. It was a disgrace they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Then we went in the pool and that had scum alround it and mould down the slides. That place needs knocking down and rebuilding the staff are all rude and look dirty i woukdn't even reccomend a tramp to stay there.

Daylight Haven Robbery

by TripAdvisor Member Lveetee

Booked this half board short break as it was a lot cheaper than Butlins, but still included food. Stayed in Gold Apartment with sea view, which was very basic. Maybe Gold means painted walls and fitted wardrobes; could not see any other reason why it should be classed as gold. Sea view was lovely; sea on the right, Snowdonia on the left and to be honest, we didn't spend much time in the apartment anyway.

Entertainment was ok, but why do Haven insist on trying to squeeze every single penny out of you? If you watch the kid's entertainment, they are hard selling to the kids literally every two minutes; 'family' bingo which means £2 a ticket to win a £2 toy, lucky numbers which is £1 each for a raffle ticket for one prize, 'Meet and Greet' - but only if you have a photo taken with Rory, spinning light toys and CDs are peddled constantly and then there's the arcade. My childen do like the party dances, but the 'entertainment' team were too busy selling to do any of this. A shame. We have been visiting Haven for 10 years on and off and the standards are definitely slipping. I would be more inclined to visit again if they didn't do this sort of hard sell.

Pool was worryingly dirty, but children didn't notice this and had a great time. I still shudder when I think about it though.

Food was a bit like school dinners - not bad to live on for the weekend...but husband had nasty sickness bug on last day. Hopefully it wasn't food poisoning.

Overall, my advice is that this park is worth a visit for a weekend as the location is stunning - plenty to do off the park, but don't go half-board, don't book apartments or chalets, don't go swimming and give the entertainment a miss. Otherwise great :-,

great for the family

by TripAdvisor Member CheshireTimjulie

spent this year looking for holiday home , visited every site within 100 miles of cheshire , this was the best by far . cant comment on food half board, but the site offered great choice of food wheather it was fast food in the fish and chip shop or burger king, the lake side pub did great food especially the sunday carvery which was great value . Our children loved the entertainment and kids clubs ,looking forward to next season as we have perchased a caravan on site.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member HiltonDerbyshire

We stayed at this Haven site in a Silver 2 Bedroom Apartment for a Monday to Friday break during October ½ term. Having read many review sites I had started to panic. I went armed with bleach and other cleaning materials but they weren't needed. The apartment was plenty warm enough - we never used the heater in the living area as it wasn't necessary. Bedrooms - decent beds and good clean carpets and curtains with plenty of wardrobe space (but not many coathangers). You do have to collect your own linen and make your beds on arrival. Bathroom - Clean with a good shower. Living Area - Clean Carpets and Curtains. Kitchen - Equipment lacking and what was there, was in very poor condition and not very clean. I had to go and ask for a grill pan - it arrived later the same day (again it wasn't very clean). We used the indoor swimming pool (no charge) - it was well kept inside and the changing rooms were in good working order and as clean as any others you usually find. On the first visit, the tube flumes were open - but the second time we went they were closed due to a lack of staff. The bumpy slide and wave pool were open on both occasions and were excellent. The rapids were not working on either visit. We also used the sports courts that were very good (again no charge). The boys went on the adventure playground and had a good time there. We played crazy golf which cost £7.50 for a family of 4. There were other activities on site but most of them at a cost. Considering the price I paid for this break - it was good value and I would probably manage to try another one.

Great for families

by TripAdvisor Member nottmgal29

I was dreading our family holiday to this resort after reading some of the negative reviews on this and other websites, however my fears were unfounded.
My partner and i, along with my 3 children stayed here last August, we opted for the half board option.
The accomodation was good, central to amenities, but not noisy, it was roomy and clean.
Food was good with plenty of choice.
swimming pool was excellent, along with the other leisure facilities.
My only grumble is that if you want to get a seat to watch the evening entertainment, you would need to be over at the club complex at 6.o'clock, which is ridiculous.
It is situated in a stunning part of wales, the scenary is beautiful.
I would definately go again.

people factory

by TripAdvisor Member 740gl

Went to this dump and not wanting to go into to much detail the staff are mainly thick,the `on park `shops are a total rip off,the pool was cold,i had a fall on a broken path (health and safety would have a field day).Most superior plus vans have no heating in bedrooms or shower room.Check in took 40 mins (nice when you`ve been driving for 3 hrs).No beach access if you have a pram or pushchair.Private function at the `showbar` kept me up until 2.30 am on one Sunday night/morning.Many activities are extra cost,i.e gocarts £5 for 4 mins. Archery £5 (my son got to shoot 4 arrows).My wife and i wanted to leave but kid enjoyed it.If you like sub-standard as standard then your ok,choose wisely folks.

Comments