Cwm Taf (on the A470), Cwmtaf, CF48 2HY, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel

dissapointing Nant Ddu

by TripAdvisor Member Halbie

We have just returned from 3 nights at Nant Ddu lodge, and were left dissapointed after the website promises and others reviews on this site.

FIrstly i must say that the food in the bistro was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the spa treatments were great. Unfortunately the rooms let down the overall experience.

The linen in our room was threadbare! - the pillows need'nt have had covers as you could see straight through them, and the stained duvet cover didnt fit the duvet. The towels in the bathroom were the worst - they were old and grey and had threads hanging off all sides. When we complained, the duvet cover was changed for a marginally better one - it had stains but it fit! and admittedly the towels were changed for newer ones.

We filled in a complaint slip that was provided, but were never contacted by management about the problems. Until the rooms are upgraded to match the spa and restaurant i wouldn't recommend staying here.

Phillippa Johnson and Warren Halberstadt

absolutely excellent

by TripAdvisor Member jeddie

just returned from my 30th birthday celebration at nant ddu lodge. couldn't fault it. excellent food, rooms, treatment, staff... can't wait to return. made turning 30 easier to deal with!

Proper Relaxation!

by TripAdvisor Member welshbro

We stayed for two nights at the Nant Ddu lodge after our wedding and before going on honeymoon. It was the most wonderful, relaxing time that we could have had. Despite arriving extremely late the first night, we we given excellent service by the reception staff. The room was clean and quiet, and the only noise was the sound of the river behind the property.
Breakfast was first rate, and the spa certainly did not disappoint! Overall, we were thoroughly impressed by the Nant Ddu, from the quality of rooms to the quality of service. The location is superb for a restful time. Highly recommended.

Great hotel - better than it looks on website

by TripAdvisor Member joworcester

Stayed at the Nant Ddu Lodge for 4 nights whilst working in Merthyr Tydfil. Wasn't sure what to expect as it looks a bit like a motel on the website but I was very pleasantly surprised. All of the staff were extremely friendly and professional, the bedroom was lovely and the gym was very up-to-date and well maintained.

Food was also good. I particularly liked the breakfast - good fresh food (which tasted even better when looking out at the lovely grounds). I'm looking forward to returning in a week's time. Highly recommended. Lovely location.

fantastic weekend to see the new year in

by TripAdvisor Member cymru richie

Just returned from a two night break at the Nant Ddu for New Year. We had a fantastic time. The food was excellent with plenty of choice. The staff are excellent and very helpfull and friendly. This was our third stay at the hotel and we thouroughly recommend it. The spa is wonderful and very relaxing.
We will definately go back.

Food is very good

by TripAdvisor Member iamallovertheplace

Stayed at the Nant Ddu for 2 nights a couple of weeks back. In general, I liked it.

The food in the restaurant is very good and I enjoyed the service, which was quite speedy.

The location is great, just set back from the main road, which although busy, doesn't cause any disturbance. The Lodge is located south of Brecon and north of Merthyr Tydfil.

I had two good night's sleep - the breakfast is a self-service affair, which is fine or you can pay extra for a cooked breakfast.

I didn't use the spa facilities - the pool looked inviting.

The only thing I would say is that the bathroom could do with an upgrade - it took a while to get hot water and then it was at low pressure - and the towels could do with replacing.

All in all, I thought the Lodge was good and I would consider staying again.

Non-smokers beware!!

by TripAdvisor Member Graham2109

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. On arrival we were shown to our room and it simply reeked of smoke! We asked if we could have a non-smoking room and were astonished to find out that the hotel (advertised as a health spa!) didn't have any! The receptionist told us (rather apologetically as he was a non-smoker too!) that the owner didn't want to lose any bookings, so they let people smoke in all the rooms. That wasn't the only problem either - we were just about to go to bed when we discovered the bathroom hadn't been cleaned and the towels had been left from the previous occupant! A girl came up to the room and removed the empty toothpaste tube and other items - I was left to clean the bath out!! After an uncomfortable night (from the smoke), we were offered another "courtyard" room, which was a bit less smokey. The saving grace of the hotel was the unfailingly pleasant staff and good, healthy breakfasts. The swimming pool and changing facilities were excellent too, as was the fitness area. However, until the smoking policy changes, we would certainly not want to visit again.

Fantastic!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chocobaby30

My husband and my friends partner bought an overnight package for us as a Christmas present and the only complaint we had is that it wasn't long enough. We arrived early but were shown straight to our room. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The facilities are great, everything you would expect and more. The treatments were wonderful. We went home feeling really relaxed and chilled and it was so good I've booked another trip but for 2 nights this time in April. The only constructive critisicism is that they need to have background music playing in the pool area.

relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member nigelpostman

my daughter and i stayed for the day for a spa package. the views were lovely. we used the gym, swimming pool sauna, also we booked beauty treatments, a mud wrap which was so relaxing you could just about stay awake! had a facial which was lovely. we were absolutaly spoilt. Had a great meal while sitting in our dressing gowns looking out at the stunning views. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. I hope to go back there again soon, preflably in the summer when we could sit in their beautiful gardens.

change of owner

by TripAdvisor Member dakini49

Been going to this little haven for a couple of years now. Always got a lovely welcome and always stayed in the same room. From the moment I walked through the doors on this visit I knew something had changed. There was no one at reception and I waited ten minutes until a stroppy young receptionist arrived. They had messed up my booking (made 3months earlier) and confirmed two weeks earlier. Apparently the receptionist was new - but why put a new girl on at one of the busiest weekends of the year. She was rude and defensive which I didn't appreciate after a four hour drive. Not the usual family hotel welcome - she told me that the hotel had been bought by a chain in London. Leceister hotels. I wanted to leave I if she was any indication of what things were going to be like.

Anyway, we were compenstated for the room mix up - which the manager said was because a red circle wasn't drawn around our booking and once I saw Mary ( maire d' ) in the restaurant and tasted the food and had a massage I was back to loving the place again. I did hear a few other complaints that weekend like one couple ordered breakfast in bed and it never came. But I will still go back in hope that these problems aren't a precedent of chain managment.

Comments