Llansantffraed Court

Myfanwe's Profile Photo

A Great Country Retreat

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 30, 2013

Llansantffraed Court is situated in the rolling countryside just South of Abergavenny. We stayed here for a wedding and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The red bricked manor house is surrounded by perfect lawns and gardens overlooking the ornate lake giving views to the small historic Church at the end of the drive. The food provided for the wedding was of a very high standard. It is all locally sourced produce with some of the vegetables so local they are picked from the walled garden in the grounds! The bedrooms are large and roomy with a well equipped hospitality tray, flat screen TV, free WIFI and hairdryer. All of the rooms have a great view over the beautiful Welsh countryside. The windowsills were so wide in our room you could sit on them and take in the scenery. The Breakfast was nice, a small selection of cheese, ham &, croissants., fresh fruit, yogurts and cereal followed by cooked English breakfast or you can choose from a selection of cooked alternatives. All in all we had a great stay here, the staff were really friendly and attentive and we were made to feel very welcome.

Unique Quality: The surrounding Countryside.

Beautiful location and accomodation

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2006

We have visited the hotel twice for afternoon tea and both time the staff were welcomeing and friendly. My finance and I are both in our mid twenties but look alot younger yet the staff treated us as they would any other adult.

The second time we visited we asked to see the acccomodation, and then asked to the wedding planner. We were so impressed with the staff and the quality of the venue and accomodation that we have book to have our wedding ceremony and recepetion there next summer.

leoashton's Profile Photo

Awful!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2005

Description:
The most unwelcoming place I have ever been to.
The hotel looks lovely but the guests are not trated with any respect. I was passing through and becasue I was not staying at the hotel I was treated like a hobo.
I was with two frinds that could hav ebought the place three times over but the bar staff spoke to us as thogh we were trying to rob the place. Awful time and all we wanted was a hot drink and to see a few rooms for futue reference.
The Angel is much more friendly.

Unique Quality: Unique Qualities:
Nice grounds, pretty countryside.

leoashton's Profile Photo

Trouble In Paradise

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2005

The most unwelcoming place I have ever been to.
The Angel is much more friendly.

Unique Quality: Nice grounds, pretty countryside.

Nearby Llansantffraed Court

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Abergavenny Travel Forum

Need advice about Abergavenny, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Abergavenny and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Abergavenny