Best Western Castle Of Brecon Hotel

The Castle Square, Brecon, Brecknockshire LD3

Good For No Data
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

A good choice

I see that this hotel is in the VT database as a Best Western, this is no longer true. But it doesn't matter, it still is a very good place to stay. I had booked far ahead and got a good price. Since I wasn't sure if I'd be able to actually go out into the mountains, at least I wanted to see them from my room, so I booked a "Beacon View" room.
    I got a double for single use, for 64 Pound including a very good ,cooked breakfast.
    One of the good points when you go off-season, hotels are usually cheaper, 10 pound off the usual rate.

The receptionist had mailed me instructions on how to get to the hotel from the bus stop, they were so good, that I had checked in, gone up to my room, put my bags down and was on my way back into town, when I met a lady who had come up from Cardiff with me in the same bus. She was on her way to the same hotel, but apparently hadn't asked for instructions.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, during my whole stay.

Another good point: There were enough clothes hangers in the wardrobe. I don't know the reason, but generally in hotels or B&Bs in the UK there seems to be a shortage of hangers. I don't travel with too many clothes, but one or two hangers per person is not enough.

Unique Quality: The view from my room was great. I could see the river down below and the mountains in the background. They changed their colour depending on the light, it was fascinating to watch.
    The hotel itself is built into the ruins of the old castle in Brecon, that's where the name comes from.

Comments